Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders out of Knighton sweepstakes.

Langford has been very very productive in Stl. Part of a disruptive dl. Only cut because they have Aaron Donald first rd pick they had to get playing time. He is proven not a rotational guy that rjf was. He will make a nice upgrade and would pair up nicely if we decide to bring in another DT.

The Packers have had "discussions" with free agent NT Terrance Knighton.

Savvy GM Ted Thompson appears to be touching base with Knighton in case his price tag plummets and he wants to sign with a Super Bowl contender. The two clubs favored to land Knighton -- Oakland and Denver -- have reportedly both been eliminated from the running. The Packers need nose tackle help. Knighton would be an upgrade on Letroy Guion and B.J. Raji.

They are being very frugal.

Or, from the way every team is scorning him, Pot Roast thinks he's worth Suh money, and is being laughed out of every FO in the NFL. In all likelyhood, he's going to have to come down in price if he wants a job this year, and maybe lose about 10 lbs.

They are being very frugal

Too frugal IMO ... they have a ton of cap space and they have to spend most of it.  They know they are going to have to pay the "Oakland Tax" to get good players to come there, they might as well just step up and pay some good players so eventually players might actually want to go there.

They are being very frugal.

It is almost like they are trying to do the opposite of what good ol' Al Davis would do. You know, he would have spent it all on one player alone. I thought Knighton would have been signed by someone while I was asleep... and I was hoping it was the Colts.

The Packers have had "discussions" with free agent NT Terrance Knighton.

Savvy GM Ted Thompson appears to be touching base with Knighton in case his price tag plummets and he wants to sign with a Super Bowl contender. The two clubs favored to land Knighton -- Oakland and Denver -- have reportedly both been eliminated from the running. The Packers need nose tackle help. Knighton would be an upgrade on Letroy Guion and B.J. Raji.

I can't picture GM Ted Thompson backing up the Brinks bank truck for Knighton though. Yeah, Julius Peppers worked out well & WR Jordy Nelson got handsomely paid I'll admit, but if he already said no to Raiders Nation where else does he expect to get paid from? Jacksonville? 

GB is usually a frugal franchise. They don't go after big names usually minus say Reggie White back in the day 1959Colts. I live in WI; Believe me I know. 

We need Pot Roast! If we are gonna keep the pats to under 200yds we better sign him.. jones/Knighton/Langford sounds better than rjf/chapman/reddings

Your point is a valid one J33, but the Black Hole had more salary cap space than INDY does, & how do you propose we sign Mr. Pot Roast well still being able to afford Luck's 2nd contract? 

Would Terrence play for the Colts at a huge discount for a shot a ring? No, I just can't see him doing that. He wants serious cash; Money we just can't give him or afford in my estimation. 

Your point is a valid one J33, but the Black Hole had more salary cap space than INDY does, & how do you propose we sign Mr. Pot Roast well still being able to afford Luck's 2nd contract? 

Would Terrence play for the Colts at a huge discount for a shot a ring? No, I just can't see him doing that. He wants serious cash; Money we just can't give him or afford in my estimation. 

NFL Radio has been speculating that the issue with the raiders and the bigger name free agents is the cash to pay the signing bonus more so than the salary itself.

There's got to be a surprise with Pot Roast

No Oakland, No Denver...No Jackssonville..

...but he's going somewhere...once he lowers his price

He may not have to if Dan Snyder fell in love. Washington has a history of overpaying for names.

Wow Sounds like Pot Roast is playing games with teams. Im beginning to think maybe we just look to the draft for a NT.

Yeah, he's clearly sniffing around for a monster pay day and getting told to come back when he wants to be real. Either that or the negotiations are getting hung up on weight based incentives that he won't agree to. Either way, I think Knighton is being greedy here and thinks his value is a lot higher than it is.

Yeah, he's clearly sniffing around for a monster pay day and getting told to come back when he wants to be real. Either that or the negotiations are getting hung up on weight based incentives that he won't agree to. Either way, I think Knighton is being greedy here and thinks his value is a lot higher than it is.

Yeah greedy is the term I was gonna use but decided not to. I agree though! Solid player but he's not God's gift to the NT position and certainly not to the game of football!!! Better get realistic or be ready to be disappointed... if its cause he's not getting the money he feels he deserves.

An anonymous head coach tells NBC Washington that "teams are afraid to sign" free agent DT Terrance Knighton because he's out of shape.

Knighton is meeting with the Redskins on Thursday, but has already been passed on by former coaches in Oakland and Chicago. He was expected to be a hot commodity as a run stuffer, and was at one point outrageously seeking $8 million per year. It's not exactly surprising that someone nicknamed "Pot Roast" is out of shape, but Knighton could cost himself all sorts of money by not hitting the open market in the shape he's expected to be in.

Mar 12 - 2:05 PM

So this is the real reason he didn't sign with the Raiders?

An anonymous head coach tells NBC Washington that "teams are afraid to sign" free agent DT Terrance Knighton because he's out of shape.

Knighton is meeting with the Redskins on Thursday, but has already been passed on by former coaches in Oakland and Chicago. He was expected to be a hot commodity as a run stuffer, and was at one point outrageously seeking $8 million per year. It's not exactly surprising that someone nicknamed "Pot Roast" is out of shape, but Knighton could cost himself all sorts of money by not hitting the open market in the shape he's expected to be in.

Mar 12 - 2:05 PM

So this is the real reason he didn't sign with the Raiders?

Knighton looking to make his payday and phone it in, pass hard.

"With the first wave of free agents off the board, clarity is emerging for the next tier. Terrance Knighton continues to mull his options. The defensive tackle enjoyed a good visit with Washington Redskins officials on Wednesday night, including talking with coaches".

Last season, Knighton received praise from former defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio for his sound technique and leadership. Knighton served as one of the Broncos’ team captains in 2014, an honor bestowed by teammates.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/03/12/terrance-knightons-visit-with-washington-goes-well/32890/

If he was out of shape I have doubts the visit would have went well.  I'm not sure what to believe, but I just doubt he would have went on FA visits at his worst. Someone who was named a team captain during the season and praised by the coach for LEADERSHIP.  I think the claims that have been shot out about him are bogus.