Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greatest Wire Waiver Pickup Is Reason Chargers Won They Say & Its Someone Fans Here Wanted To Get

bayone

Last night the chargers blew away the Ravens , Rivers threw well , didnt eveb have a pick in a pick filled year & Mathews Ran Well , Tolbert ran well, The ball was spread around and all recxivers did well &, According to the Chargers announcers the chargers said their dramatic offensive turnaround is due to 1 thing

The fact they picked up what they call the greatest wire waiver signing ever, *& its someone many Colt fans were saying we should of aquired 2 years back in a trade or free agency

Its LT Gaither, Jared 6' 9" 340 lbs, the chargers say its due to him the Riverrs now g has great protection and the run game has been stellar

Wonder Why We didnt grab him, excuses have always been we had no opportunity to get such & such as we have the better record,, well not this year & we do have a injured OL, Cast could of moved to RT, learned some technigue from gaither too

This is write probably my last forum entry for awhile, who knows ,, as I have been hanging in here hoping for that win but need time now for priorities for myself that site has taken away from, those that know me know what I mean but am giving this up for much needed home PT & maybe some professional, My CT scan results from last week , well it demands it

LOVE YA ALL,

I will look when can but cant engage in commentary like i have been

Last night the chargers blew away the Ravens , Rivers threw well , didnt eveb have a pick in a pick filled year & Mathews Ran Well , Tolbert ran well, The ball was spread around and all recxivers did well &, According to the Chargers announcers the chargers said their dramatic offensive turnaround is due to 1 thing

The fact they picked up what they call the greatest wire waiver signing ever, *& its someone many Colt fans were saying we should of aquired 2 years back in a trade or free agency

Its LT Gaither, Jared 6' 9" 340 lbs, the chargers say its due to him the Riverrs now g has great protection and the run game has been stellar

Wonder Why We didnt grab him, excuses have always been we had no opportunity to get such & such as we have the better record,, well not this year & we do have a injured OL, Cast could of moved to RT, learned some technigue from gaither too

This is write probably my last forum entry for awhile, who knows ,, as I have been hanging in here hoping for that win but need time now for priorities for myself that site has taken away from, those that know me know what I mean but am giving this up for much needed home PT & maybe some professional, My CT scan results from last week , well it demands it

LOVE YA ALL,

Besides our cap situation.... Gaither started out the season with injury concerns if I remember right. Maybe thats why we held off on him. Looks like he's working out well for the Chargers.

I wish you all the best Barry..... I hope your back with us in the Forum soon!

Besides our cap situation.... Gaither started out the season with injury concerns if I remember right. Maybe thats why we held off on him. Looks like he's working out well for the Chargers.

I wish you all the best Barry..... I hope your back with us in the Forum soon!

Probably right, sometimes u have to chance it, if i remember back issues were a problem for last 2 years

anyway this is my only response to this thread,

Thanks for yours and I know the entire fan base wishing me ( & my mother ) well

I neglected myself far too long, Never Moms needs, & now my neck CT says I cant no longer,

HOWEVER I am a survivor , thanks again and to all a great happy & safe holiday season

Regards , Barry

Barry;

Take care, get better and get back here!

As to Gaither, we're thrilled with him. When we lost Marcus McNeill to IR we had absolutely NO idea what we were going to do. Not only had we lost so many OL starters, but our backup linemen were out as well. We've started 11 different OL players because of the injuries.

The 3 wins in a row are directly attributable to what he's done in giving Rivers time to throw. We all know what a good QB can do if he gets protection and what he can't do much of when he's getting hit and beat up and put on his back.

Merry Christmas and get better soon!

Audrey

LOVE YA ALL,

Good luck, Barry......

Probably right, sometimes u have to chance it, if i remember back issues were a problem for last 2 years

I neglected myself far too long, Never Moms needs, & now my neck CT says I cant no longer,

HOWEVER I am a survivor , thanks again and to all a great happy & safe holiday season

Regards , Barry

Best of luck and a happy holiday season to you and the family. At least you can enjoy at least one win for this season.

Regards , Barry

Best wishes for a great holiday, and best of health to you and yours... we're all people first, regardless of what football teams we root for, and you are someone I would root for in life! God bless.

Gaither is somebody I had the radar on this past offseason, as being a potential key OL pickup. Hence, if he is not looking to be a very good OT, then this is a guy I am that I would have liked to have seen the Colts grab. Long term, I guess it still remains to be seen as to how Gaither pans out, but he certainly is intriguing and I would not have at all minded such intrigue being in the hands of the Colts.

Barry, good luck, btw.

Aww geez, now even Barry has gone on IR!

Prayers for His healing for you and your Mom, Barry.

I agree with Audrey, a good LT can make such a difference. Really hoping for a great sophmore year from AC next year. I can't imimagine how lethal Peyton would be with a good (not even a great) running game along with another second or two to release the ball. Hope we find out next year.

GO COLTS!

-d.

Aww geez, now even Barry has gone on IR!

Prayers for His healing for you and your Mom, Barry.

I agree with Audrey, a good LT can make such a difference. Really hoping for a great sophmore year from AC next year. I can't imimagine how lethal Peyton would be with a good (not even a great) running game along with another second or two to release the ball. Hope we find out next year.

GO COLTS!

-d.

LOVE THE IR COMMENT & yes its capitalized

Been A Colt Fan since 1957/58

Thanks for everyone's well wishes, Actually been on IR only since NOV 11, 1988

Yet Colts Fan Base have still kept me around, Thanks all

Regards , Barry

Bayone I hate to hear you will not be posting as much but I do understand good luck with the family and home time and I do hope the catscans come out well for you.I do not often post because I am not that knowledgeable about how a franchise operates. I am a fan and I do like football so I read more and talk less. I have always had respect for your post usually backed up by links and facts . Just wanted you to know that someone has learned and read your post. Tony

LOVE YA ALL,

This offseason he had injury concerns and i think he was rehabing from some injurys he wasnt added to the cheifs roster till september. But i really wish the colts would have gotten him

Gaither is somebody I had the radar on this past offseason, as being a potential key OL pickup. Hence, if he is now looking to be a very good OT, then this is a guy that I would have liked to have seen the Colts grab. Long term, I guess it still remains to be seen as to how well Gaither pans out for the Chargers, but he certainly was an intriguing option and I would not have at all minded such intrigue being in the hands of the Colts.

Barry, good luck, btw.

Fixed it.

Gaither was a guy who only wanted to play LT and get LT money. He had issues with Baltimore (back, knee and so on just to stay off the practice field) because they moved him to RT. He was cut last year because he came into camp overwieght. Chiefs picked him up early mid season for depth. He was cut again because of a bad showing on Monday.(false start penalties)

Picked up again by the Chargers to be release soon again.

I think there were questions about whether Gaither would ever play again. I think he was thought to have a degenerative issue with his back or something. I wanted us to trade for him before the 2010 draft, but the sticking issue was his long-term health (would have taken a first rounder to get him, which turned out to be Jerry Hughes). It's great that he's healthy and playing well, but no one was sure he could get back on the field again as recently as the beginning of this year.

If he can stay healthy, he'll be quite a find for us. Marcus McNeill is rumored to be thinking about retiring for his health as is Diehlman (after his seizue and major concussion) losing the big, talented probowlers is potentially devastating and yet Gaither, Greene and Vasquez have been flawless in three games.

It would be nice if the gamble on him would pay off like the Saints gamble on Brees paid off :-)