Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something To Talk About...

ColtStronger

Since the 2014 NFL season is in the books this forum has been rather dull.  Here are a few storylines that perhaps have not been noticed.  I haven't seen a thread on here about these topics anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2370422-giants-colts-raiders-among-top-landing-spots-for-lions-rb-reggie-bush

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2366704-shaun-phillips-released-by-colts-latest-details-comments-and-reaction

I think most people were calling for Shaun Phillips to be released, so it's not a big surprise, but with the release of Andrew Jackson also, on top of a stuggling LB corp, I hope the Colts can make a big pickup sometime in the offseason.

I've also heard the rumors of Colts being favorites of landing Frank Gore, but this was the first article I've seen with us looking at Reggie Bush.  Personally, I would rather have Bush's talent, although with the recent accusations involving him (not really sure if it's true, and it didn't read into it, but from what I heard he was dropping molly into girls' drinks in a club), I would have to say I pass on that big named FA.

I 2nd that. I wouldn't mind Spiller at all. It would be awesome if we signed Spiller then got Coleman in the 3rd. They'd be a lethal combo.

coleman wont be there when we pick in the third.  he may not be there in the second if there is a run on running backs

Gore is going to stay with SF if possible. SF has stated they want to keep him, and Tomsula, their new HC has publicly come out and said he definitely wants to keep Gore. Gore wants 4M/yr. which may be more than SF wants, but Gore says he wants to stay, and SF says they want him, so I say they figure out a deal.

One interesting note, Sportsline has on its cover a story about Adrian Peterson, and whether he will go back with the Vikings, who say they want to retain him. If I were him, regardless of hurt feelings, I don't know who else is going to pay you 12M/yr. but never say never.

They list 5 teams Peterson could possibly go to, and since Grigson is aggressive, and Pep's offense calls for a feature back, the Colts are listed as one of the five. My take, no way I spend that much money on someone who is 29, and has that much mileage on him. I still think he has a couple great years left, but if he leaves Minn. he will still want 10M/yr. We can find someone in the draft, since this is a very good draft for RB's this year. Link for the story is below:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25075054/where-will-uneasy-adrian-peterson-play-in-2015-5-landing-spots

B/R also recommended Brandon Marshall to the Colts. I don't really listen to B/R.

First they say Gore is coming to the Colts

R. Bush to the Colts

B. Marshall to the Colts

who's up next B/R?

You beat me to it... I also saw earlier Marshall also, but couldn't find it when I created

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2370409-colts-rams-among-top-landing-spots-for-potential-free-agent-wr-brandon-marshall?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com

B/R also recommended Brandon Marshall to the Colts. I don't really listen to B/R.

First they say Gore is coming to the Colts

R. Bush to the Colts

B. Marshall to the Colts

who's up next B/R?

Maybe Bill Belichek might swing on over as well, or perhaps The Bucs want to trade their #1 this year for our #2 next year lol

We should be interested in all FA's. Being interested and taking a look is a long ways from signing one of them. I would want to know what all those players asking price is and where they see themselves next year. I think it is Grig's doing his job. That being said I highly doubt that we sign any of those players

Brandon Marshall, AP, Gore, Bush those are some players that have shown they can make a difference in the league some more of a splash than others. I would see what was up if I was Grigs

Reggie Bush spent like 98% of last season hurt or riding the bench. I would pass.

Reggie is a 3rd down back. That's it. If he wants huge $ he's off his rocker. If he could be happy coming in on 3rd down and being a potential receiver out of the backfield and play for reasonable $ then I MIGHT think about it. But I'd have to really think hard.