Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warren Sapp Arrested

amfootball

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-warren-sapp-arrested-for-soliciting-prostitute/ar-AA8U5r7?ocid=ansYarbarker11

What's a SB without an arrest? Sapp arrested this morning for soliciting a prostitute. Wonder if it will cost him his broadcasting job.

Wow.  He was booked into Maricopa County Jail, operated by Sheriff Arpaio.  Good thing it's a misdemeanor or he'd be wearing pink jumpsuit and living in a tent.  If he was a good inmate, he'd earn ketchup and mustard for his meals. 

Does this mean he won't be on NFL Network anymore? I hope so.

I actually like Warren Sapp for the same reason I Shannon Sharpe [though I never see him on CBS Sports doing football commentary anymore & Bart Scott his replacement sucks in my estimation] because he says whatever pops into his head & I like that. Sapp has no sugarcoat politically correct filter & I appreciate that. The dude is just naturally honest in his assessments of players. Rare among NFL personalities on TV. 

If I were NFL Network executives, I wouldn't dismiss his contract over this unless he was abusive & physically injured the woman in question. Or unless Sapp used company money to pay for her services directly.  

So what? He paid for sex. It happens. As long as the woman wasn't underage, even with the vice sting operation in play here. It's not career ending in my opinion. 

Heavy set guys don't get that much attention from women. Let's be honest here. Prostitution is the oldest profession on the planet for a reason. 

The only problem Sapp might have is if his contract has a morality clause in it regarding employment termination. These clauses to me are really dumb because what you do in your spare time is your own business but former Giants RB Tiki Barber got fired from The Today Show for having an affair while married according to his morality clause but Tiki did marry his mistress eventually. 

Firing an employee over narcotics abuse I get, but sexual incidents no &if alcohol rehab is paid for by companies, where do you draw the line?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-warren-sapp-arrested-for-soliciting-prostitute/ar-AA8U5r7?ocid=ansYarbarker11

What's a SB without an arrest? Sapp arrested this morning for soliciting a prostitute. Wonder if it will cost him his broadcasting job.

I heard he was indefinitely suspended, my guess given his history is that this will end up a permanent suspension. 

I actually like Warren Sapp for the same reason I Shannon Sharpe [though I never see him on CBS Sports doing football commentary anymore & Bart Scott his replacement sucks in my estimation] because he says whatever pops into his head & I like that. Sapp has no sugarcoat politically correct filter & I appreciate that. The dude is just naturally honest in his assessments of players. Rare among NFL personalities on TV.

If I were NFL Network executives, I wouldn't dismiss his contract over this unless he was abusive & physically injured the woman in question. Or unless Sapp used company money to pay for her services directly.

So what? He paid for sex. It happens. As long as the woman wasn't underage, even with the vice sting operation in play here. It's not career ending in my opinion.

Heavy set guys don't get that much attention from women. Let's be honest here. Prostitution is the oldest profession on the planet for a reason.

The only problem Sapp might have is if his contract has a morality clause in it regarding employment termination. These clauses to me are really dumb because what you do in your spare time is your own business but former Giants RB Tiki Barber got fired from The Today Show for having an affair while married according to his morality clause but Tiki did marry his mistress eventually.

Firing an employee over narcotics abuse I get, but sexual incidents no &if alcohol rehab is paid for by companies, where do you draw the line?

There was also an assault charge in this arrest and he has at least one prior arrest for assault.

ICYMI, Shannon Sharpe's contract just wasn't renewed after the 2013 season. Neither was Dan Marino's.

There was also an assault charge in this arrest and he has at least one prior arrest for assault.

ICYMI, Shannon Sharpe's contract just wasn't renewed after the 2013 season. Neither was Dan Marino's.

If there's an assault too, considering the Darren Sharper situation....I don't see what choice that NFL Network had other than to fire Sapp. 

The only problem Sapp might have is if his contract has a morality clause in it regarding employment termination. These clauses to me are really dumb because what you do in your spare time is your own business but former Giants RB Tiki Barber got fired from The Today Show for having an affair while married according to his morality clause but Tiki did marry his mistress eventually. 

C'mon SW1, Sapps off field issues are very extensive. He has numerous issues with sportsmanship on the field and numerous issues off field. His past issues are well documented. Take a closer look at his history. I respect your opinion on his on camera persona but his off field issues do matter IMO.

C'mon SW1, Sapps off field issues are very extensive. He has numerous issues with sportsmanship on the field and numerous issues off field. His past issues are well documented. Take a closer look at his history. I respect your opinion on his on camera persona but his off field issues do matter IMO.

If Sapp assaulted 2 women in the flesh trade business as the Bleacher Report indicates, I can understand why NFL Network executives tore up his contract, but I still wanna see the actual police report 1st. I'm sure a tabloid outfit like TMZ will get a copy of it. 

Prior to this incident, all I recall was that Sapp filed for bankruptcy protection a year or so ago. Maybe he has a drinking problem & does crazy stuff when intoxicated. I just have a problem when some people in this country apply holier than thou standards to athletes or celebrities who pay for intimate entertainment. I'm not calling you out CC1 or anyone else for that matter. I'm just saying that had an altercation not transpired in this case I highly doubt that Sapp would have been fired. Suspended or placed on leave briefly maybe but not fired. 

Sometimes, this country takes purity & family values nonsense a bit too far. Not everybody in this world can be Mr. Fred Rogers like personality wise or even want to be. Yes, I truly believe that statement too. Also, marriage doesn't suit every person in this world either. 

If Sapp did get violent with any woman, he should have known better & been more careful. I never condone violence against women in society, but women are capable of manipulating a situation to their advantage too so let's let more facts about this incident emerge in the next week or so before society burns him at the stake as a physical abuser & immoral man. 

Maybe big wigs at NFL Network warned Sapp that 1 more public incident as in negative publicity in the papers or news cycle & he is gone. If that's the case, Sapp knew what was at stake & let his impulses run wild. I don't know here. I'm just speculating naturally. 

Like I said before, it's the oldest profession for a reason. We aren't talking about carpentry here. 

Can't say money don't talk in this country. 

You can say that again Bogie. Warren Sapp's standard of living just took a huge hit. I'd be kicking myself if I got let go from the flagship NFL Network because the money is great & I doubt his work week was that long or rigorous. 

I believe Sapp has a daughter but I don't know if he is married. If he is that conversation won't be a pleasant one especially if his spouse divorces him & makes his pay alimony. Ouch. Unemployed with no revenue coming in. That's not a good situation to be in at all. Sapp made this bed; now, he has to lie in it. 

He should have just flown to Holland or Belgium, or..........

Sapp was already in AZ. Just drive to Nevada where it's legal say The Mustang Ranch. If you're gonna partake in such activities,  at least be practical & smart right? 

You're point is a good one though JJ. Overseas where people might not know who a celebrity is would be a smart move & at least Amsterdam is regulated by the Dutch government for health reasons unlike Thailand for instance. 

If there's an assault too, considering the Darren Sharper situation....I don't see what choice that NFL Network had other than to fire Sapp. 

An excellent point PAC56. Given the date rape troubles of Darren Sharper, NFL Network in light of it's prior analyst's legal woes had to cut their ties. Not on the same level as what Sapp did, but he is guilty by proximity or association with violence toward women & the Ray Rice domestic violence blunder by the League office. 

Dirty player, and extremely dirty human being who deserves to be struck by lightning. This says it all.

First he spears a defenseless player that wasn't even looking his way, 50 yards away from the play...then acts like a tough guy by challenging to fight an opposing coach that's 60 years old. Last but not least, he goes on a paid TV show to talk about how he regrets what he did and to "take that play back" and then spends his time laughing about it.

Thanks for the heads up on Mr. Sharpe Indygal1218. I appreciate that update. If I owned a sports network, I'd hire Shannon in a heartbeat. He's a darn good NFL analyst IMO. 

Great HOF TE & aside from his diehard Broncos & Ravens favortism, he was often balanced & objective in breaking down team assets & vulnerabilities. 

An excellent point PAC56. Given the date rape troubles of Darren Sharper, NFL Network in light of it's prior analyst's legal woes had to cut their ties. Not on the same level as what Sapp did, but he is guilty by proximity or association with violence toward women & the Ray Rice domestic violence blunder by the League office. 

Yep....anything falling into the realm of domestic/sexual assault is probably an automatic ticket out the door at NFLN...as it should be.

I think Irvin and Sanders should stand up for their friend and leave with him.  Please?

Ha! One can only hope LKD. Both Dallas diva's & nonstop football talkers gone from NFL Network. That's a wonderful dream, but alas it will never come true fruition.

I did enjoy the prospect of silence & intelligent conversation on NFL Game Day Final with their absence immensely though.