Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ravens have overthrown the colts

CR91

Colts pats is no longer the rivalry. Its ravens pats. You see when they play there is natural hatred. You know that game will be a bloodbath. Colts pats has just been bb outsmarting luck. Its not the same anymore.

Colts/Pats wasn't the same once 18 went west.

The Ravens have gone to Foxboro twice now and sent the Pats on vacation.  Until this team does something similar it won't ever be the Colts/Pats rivalry that it once was.

The Colts' (Luck's) new rivalry hasn't been started yet I don't believe.  

Colts/Pats wasn't the same once 18 went west.

The Ravens have gone to Foxboro twice now and sent the Pats on vacation. Until this team does something similar it won't ever be the Colts/Pats rivalry that it once was.

The Colts' (Luck's) new rivalry hasn't been started yet I don't believe.

And it won't be a rivalry because Luck is 25 or 26. Brady is 36 or 37.

I think it will take a few years for the Luck-era Colts to develop a team rivalry.

On an individual basis, I enjoy the matchup between Luck and Watt.

And, the OP is right, I still root against the Patriots, but it doesn't feel the same anymore.

The Patriots lose to everybody in the post season, except the Colts. The Patriots are just a really good regular season team. When it comes to the playoffs, it seems they lost their clutchness once they played Eli the first time.

The Pats have beaten the Raiders, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Ravens in the playoffs when those teams were good.  One thing is for sure, the Pats do perform better than the Colts in the post season.

We'll see if the Ravens can beat the Pats now that the Pats actually have weapons on offense, a healthy Gronk, Lafell, Tyms, Wright and an actual healthy secondary with depth (Revis, Browner) who can cover.

This will be the first time Flacco plays a Patriots team with a legit defense.

There is only one real rivalry with the Pats and it is the Jets. The Ravens are more recent just because they have met more in the post-season. This will the 4th mtg since 2009 with the Ravens holding a 2-1 edge. I do agree though that they Ravens have players that are much easier to hate than the Colts - Lewis, Reed, Suggs, etc. Even with Manning, I never hated him just wanted to beat him. The only detestable person I can think of is Polian. We really hated him. Hard to hate Dungy, now Pagano.

The Pats have beaten the Raiders, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Ravens in the playoffs when those teams were good. One thing is for sure, the Pats do perform better than the Colts in the post season.

We'll see if the Ravens can beat the Pats now that the Pats actually have weapons on offense, a healthy Gronk, Lafell, Tyms, Wright and an actual healthy secondary with depth (Revis, Browner) who can cover.

Yeah they do have tons of weapons. That's why I say they lost that clutchness. With the weapons the Patriots have, rings are really the only way to measure their clutchness. Once the Patriots lost the ability to maul receivers, they lost their ability to win Superbowls. It's coming up on a decade since the Patriots have won a Superbowl, which coincides with it being around a decade since cornerbacks and safety's had the ability to maul receivers.

The Pats have beaten the Raiders, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Ravens in the playoffs when those teams were good.  One thing is for sure, the Pats do perform better than the Colts in the post season.

He managed 7 points last year at home against a depleted Pats D. It will be difficult for him on Sunday vs that secondary and front.

Yeah they do have tons of weapons. That's why I say they lost that clutchness. With the weapons the Patriots have, rings are really the only way to measure their clutchness. Once the Patriots lost the ability to maul receivers, they lost their ability to win Superbowls. It's coming up on a decade since the Patriots have won a Superbowl, which coincides with it being around a decade since cornerbacks and safety's had the ability to maul receivers.

They are back to mauling WRS.  Physicality at CB has always been Belicheck's staple.  Look back the Giant's SB wins when he was DC.

There is only one real rivalry with the Pats and it is the Jets. The Ravens are more recent just because they have met more in the post-season. This will the 4th mtg since 2009 with the Ravens holding a 2-1 edge. I do agree though that they Ravens have players that are much easier to hate than the Colts - Lewis, Reed, Suggs, etc. Even with Manning, I never hated him just wanted to beat him. The only detestable person I can think of is Polian. We really hated him. Hard to hate Dungy, now Pagano.

Intra-division rivalries are always the biggest rivalries, but it's no fun when the same team pretty much dominates every meeting in a particular era.  I did a quick google search and the Pats are like 22-8 in the Brady era.  Colts biggest intra-division rival is probably the Texans, and we're up 22-4 on the all-time win/loss record.  So to me, big rivalry?  Yes.  Competitive?  There's something to be desired.  If Houston could just get a QB, it would really make things interesting.  I'm actually hoping that the Jags have hit gold with Blake Bortles - could make for an interesting next decade.  

Honestly I don't yet see a team that we can say we have a real rivalry with in the Andrew Luck era.  

Colt's/Pats has been too one sided.  

I thought Colts/Houston would be a good rivalry after 2012 but they crumbled in 2013 and where only average this year.  This one still has potential though.  Andrew Luck and JJ Watt has made the game interesting, but JJ just doesn't have the offense or specifically the quarterback to give his team a good chance in this game.

Intra-division rivalries are always the biggest rivalries, but it's no fun when the same team pretty much dominates every meeting in a particular era.  I did a quick google search and the Pats are like 22-8 in the Brady era.  Colts biggest intra-division rival is probably the Texans, and we're up 22-4 on the all-time win/loss record.  So to me, big rivalry?  Yes.  Competitive?  There's something to be desired.  If Houston could just get a QB, it would really make things interesting.  I'm actually hoping that the Jags have hit gold with Blake Bortles - could make for an interesting next decade.  

Boston/NY surpasses all rivalries though in all the major sports regardless of record. We will always hate NY.

Like another poster said, there really has not been a team that has consistently beaten the Pats or even with them the last decade or so. It used to be Denver but the Pats are 5-1 since 2011 vs them.

That was a different Ravens team with no offensive line or running game, plus Flacco was injured. We all know he is better in the playoffs

That was a playoff game though for you guys. Pats eliminated you with that loss. This Pats teams is much better than that one with a much improved secondary and a healthy Gronk and legit outside receiver in Lafells. I really don't see how Joe scores enough in this game. Revis and Browner will take away the Smiths and then you have a combo of nickel DBs and Collins covering the TE and underneath stuff.

Question - how is Forsett as a receiver?

I don't see the Patriots running up and down the field in this one.  That Ravens defense is very disciplined, they tackle very well, very good pass rushers, and beasts on the interior.  Secondary has improved as well.  They don't make a whole lot of mistakes out there.

Boston/NY surpasses all rivalries though in all the major sports regardless of record. We will always hate NY.

Like another poster said, there really has not been a team that has consistently beaten the Pats or even with them the last decade or so. It used to be Denver but the Pats are 5-1 since 2011 vs them.

I'd say the Giants have consistently beaten the Pats, but that's about it.  In the past 10 years, Giants and Patriots hvae met 4 times and the Giants have won 3, two of which are super bowls.  They may not meet as often, but I don't think that means the Giants haven't consistently beat them.

That was a playoff game though for you guys. Pats eliminated you with that loss. This Pats teams is much better than that one with a much improved secondary and a healthy Gronk and legit outside receiver in Lafells. I really don't see how Joe scores enough in this game. Revis and Browner will take away the Smiths and then you have a combo of nickel DBs and Collins covering the TE and underneath stuff.

It was also the year after we blew up the team, and we couldn't win the Cincy game either. It was a mediocre 8-8 team. This team is much better, but has been kept back by catastrophic injuries. Flacco hurt his knee in that game before NE, and wasn't himself. That being said, Vegas has the Pats by seven, and so does everyone else. I'm glad my team is coming up there, and we have nothing to lose. Forsett is not as good as Rice as a receiver.

Like another poster said, there really has not been a team that has consistently beaten the Pats or even with them the last decade or so. It used to be Denver but the Pats are 5-1 since 2011 vs them.

It should be more the Yankees and Giants who own the Red Sox and Patriots historically. The Jets and Mets are the Shemps of New York teams.

It was also the year after we blew up the team, and we couldn't win the Cincy game either. It was a mediocre 8-8 team. This team is much better, but has been kept back by catastrophic injuries. Flacco hurt his knee in that game before NE, and wasn't himself. That being said, Vegas has the Pats by seven, and so does everyone else. I'm glad my team is coming up there, and we have nothing to lose. Forsett is not as good as Rice as a receiver.

This Pats team is a lot better than the one that beat you last year in Baltimore. I expect a good game. Tight for sure in the first half but I think the Pats win by 7-10. Spread seems about right.

This Pats team is a lot better than the one that beat you last year in Baltimore. I expect a good game. Tight for sure in the first half but I think the Pats win by 7-10. Spread seems about right.

I could talk about how we beat you twice in 12, but that is as irrelevant as last year's game. Different year, different teams.

This Pats team is a lot better than the one that beat you last year in Baltimore. I expect a good game. Tight for sure in the first half but I think the Pats win by 7-10. Spread seems about right.

The Patriots have done better historically, when they are perceived as the underdog. I like the Ravens chances right now, because most everybody is crowning the Patriots to come out of the AFC. I know that has nothing to do with actual football, but it may just be something that effects the psychy of both teams. The Ravens have done pretty well being the underdog.

Torrey Smith may not have a big game, but Steve Smith Sr. looks to be an X factor for Baltimore. My guess is Belichek will have a game plan for Steve and let Revis shut down Torrey. I think Triple S will have a big game.

The Patriots have done better historically, when they are perceived as the underdog. I like the Ravens chances right now, because most everybody is crowning the Patriots to come out of the AFC. I know that has nothing to do with actual football, but it may just be something that effects the psychy of both teams. The Ravens have done pretty well being the underdog.

Torrey Smith may not have a big game, but Steve Smith Sr. looks to be an X factor for Baltimore. My guess is Belichek will have a game plan for Steve and let Revis shut down Torrey. I think Triple S will have a big game.

I think just the opposite. Most believe the Ravens can come and win because they have before. Pats will be well rested and ready to go. Match-ups favor the Pats across the board. They have the secondary to shut down Flacco's lollipops and they have the offense to take advantage of the Ravens weak secondary. The only real advantage is the Ravens Dline vs Pats Oline so have to think the ball will be coming out of Brady's hands fast.

This Pats team is a lot better than the one that beat you last year in Baltimore. I expect a good game. Tight for sure in the first half but I think the Pats win by 7-10. Spread seems about right.

What you're forgetting is that the Ravens have the better QB. He's 2-1 vs Brady in the games that matter and has far outplayed him. 

I think just the opposite. Most believe the Ravens can come and win because they have before. Pats will be well rested and ready to go. Match-ups favor the Pats across the board. They have the secondary to shut down Flacco's lollipops and they have the offense to take advantage of the Ravens weak secondary. The only real advantage is the Ravens Dline vs Pats Oline so have to think the ball will be coming out of Brady's hands fast.

What you posted is what most of the people from the football networks are saying. The Patriots are better, top to bottom. I believe this will effect the players, allowing the Ravens to come out on top.

Also, Flacco is better in big games, when facing Brady, than Brady is when facing Flacco. I think it was Brady that said "it's the 2014 Patriots vs. the 2014 Ravens." What Brady falls to realize is it's 2015.

What you posted is what most of the people from the football networks are saying. The Patriots are better, top to bottom. I believe this will effect the players, allowing the Ravens to come out on top.

Also, Flacco is better in big games, when facing Brady, than Brady is when facing Flacco.

Football is always about match-ups. Pats rarely lose when they have the better match ups across the board and are at home to boot. We will see. Flacco always plays the Pats tough.

That was a playoff game though for you guys. Pats eliminated you with that loss. This Pats teams is much better than that one with a much improved secondary and a healthy Gronk and legit outside receiver in Lafells. I really don't see how Joe scores enough in this game. Revis and Browner will take away the Smiths and then you have a combo of nickel DBs and Collins covering the TE and underneath stuff.

This is if you can keep Gronk from pushing off like I see him do many times this year, But then again its the Pats and they always get the calls