Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Show Coby Fleener some Love

James Harden

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coby is having a very good year. I've always liked fleener (Stanford fan), and I am glad that he is becoming even more of the receiving threat that we knew he could be.

Still, some will not forgive his mistakes from his rookie year and have him labeled, regardless of how well he plays.

Coby has been playing much better than Allen. I really do hope we resign both. Coby and Luck together is a force when they're on.

I don't know if he's played much better but he sure plays much more often.  In any case, Fleener is having a good year and has shown improvement.  I think he'll end up being an excellent receiving TE.

Coby has been playing much better than Allen. I really do hope we resign both. Coby and Luck together is a force when they're on.

He has not played better than Allen. He's just played a lot more, thanks to injuries. Allen is a far more capable blocker, and has more reliable hands. Coby just gets more opportunities. Coby is also faster. But if the game is on the line, you don't want to rely on Fleener's hands to seal it. I'd trust Allen though.

That drop was a major facepalm, but he made up for it.

He's really coming on this season! I've been impressed. I wish he could run block like Allen does, but he just has a different skill set. Hopefully, Allen will get healthy by the end of the season so that he can help out in the playoffs.

He has not played better than Allen. He's just played a lot more, thanks to injuries. Allen is a far more capable blocker, and has more reliable hands. Coby just gets more opportunities. Coby is also faster. But if the game is on the line, you don't want to rely on Fleener's hands to seal it. I'd trust Allen though.

At some point durability becomes a part of the equation though right?  Not saying Allen is injury prone just yet but so far Fleener has been healthier (I realize role/style-of-play may play a part in this).

Last year everyone was bashing on him for his noobness. Can't catch can't block. Blah Blah Blah. He is no Allen, Graham, or Gronk. He is Coby Fleener. The cub is finally turning into the lion.

Thanks for posting the videos. I hadn't seen the second one before. He looks like the only one who ate his Wheaties.

you are out of your mind...   Allen does SO MUCH of the dirty work that Coby is not even ASKED to do because he can NOT do it.

I  guarantee you if the staff had to choose it would be Allen without question.     Coby is a luxury, Allen is a necessity to winning football.

Coby's really turned it up these last few weeks.  Hopefully he can keep it going and clean up some of the mistakes, like that dropped TD.  Also, please don't let that Sport Science video fool you.  Sport Science is incredibly unscientific.  They just throw out random numbers to make people say wow

you are out of your mind...   Allen does SO MUCH of the dirty work that Coby is not even ASKED to do because he can NOT do it.

I  guarantee you if the staff had to choose it would be Allen without question.     Coby is a luxury, Allen is a necessity to winning football.

Allen can't stay healthy..

This so called "debate" was started with someone giving Fleener respect and downplaying Allen.

But it didn't take much for it to turn into a Fleener vs Allen. Why is so many making a deal out of who is better? They both are Colt players and both do their jobs well. They are team mates not in competition with each other.

Coby's really turned it up these last few weeks.  Hopefully he can keep it going and clean up some of the mistakes, like that dropped TD.  Also, please don't let that Sport Science video fool you.  Sport Science is incredibly unscientific.  They just throw out random numbers to make people say wow

Oh NO! Fleener dropped a ball!!! Last time I watched football most all receivers drop a few. But they are not Fleener!!

I was glad to see him rebound after it but that drop was brutal.  Still we are starting to see why Fleener was drafted where he was.  He's giving the Colts another playmaker who can stretch the field at tightend.  The Colts have so many he's running free and making teams pay, well when he catches it. 

Allen is the better blocker.. But he's not much of a receiving threat.

Allen is actually a pretty darn good receiving threat.  He stays in to block because of our O-line issues, but when he is allowed to run routes, he is a beast.

Dropped wide open TD. There it has been said now we can move on to the good.\

The 73 yard TD was beautiful. Beat his guy to get wide open, nice catch followed by 2 broken tackles and then off to the races. That's what I like to see!

Totally agree, Fleener makes it hard to double up on any of our wideouts.  Outside of that drop, he was outstanding today.  Really can't wait to get Allen back, what an opposing defensive coordinator's nightmare this team is.

Totally agree, Fleener makes it hard to double up on any of our wideouts. Outside of that drop, he was outstanding today. Really can't wait to get Allen back, what an opposing defensive coordinator's nightmare this team is.

actually it was pretty easy since fleener was not even covered a few times