Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

mintor

What if the Colts hired Jim Harbaugh?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

• yes
    • no
    • Maybe

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh was in college before. Bill was not. Plus it is Jim's alma mater that is putting 8 mil on the table. I would not blame him for taking the job ...

well of course every nfl personnel has been in college before. Their dream is to go to the NFL. I dont understand the concept of colleges reaching out to NFL coaches. Unless your Saban or someone really horrible.

well of course every nfl personnel has been in college before. Their dream is to go to the NFL. I dont understand the concept of colleges reaching out to NFL coaches. Unless your Saban or someone really horrible.

Bill was not. He did not play college football either.

Jim played college football and coached college football prior to his NFL coaching career and why wouldn't Michigan reach out? Plenty of NFL coaches have left the pro game to coach in the college game.

Well this thread is going to be alive as long as the Colts keep losing to big teams.Just face it. We can only win against mediocre teams. If the road to the Superbowl  goes to Denver or New England, then it time to pack it up. I would really welcome Jim Harbaugh to be the new Coach. Time for some changes. 

I agree we need to bring in a coach that can bring this team to a another level. 

I dont want Harbaugh, he is a child on the sideline and embarrassing to watch. 

However, I would love if we looked at Cardinals' DC Todd Bowles; he's been a hot name this year, and the D in Arizona is really good. They are blizing a ton like we have to. Then maybe move Chud to OC. 

However, I would love if we looked at Cardinals' DC Todd Bowles; he's been a hot name this year, and the D in Arizona is really good. They are blizing a ton like we have to. Then maybe move Chud to OC. 

Who cares? Harbaugh, with Stanford and 49ers, might wear out his welcome in about 4 years but he gives you results and turns things around pretty fast. We have a higher floor than most teams he has been asked to turn around.

I'd rather have Harbaugh act like a child on the sideline (in a game like today) rather than the complete disregard that Pagano had this week just whispering things into his head set.

You wanna bring in some grit? This is the guy

I think a possible good combo for coaching would be Jim Harbaugh as head coach and Pagano as our DC.

Who would be a good OC? Keep pep?

pagano isn't going to step down to DC to make room for Harbsugh.

If the Colts did hire Harbaugh though there is a chance he would keep Pep as his OC if Pep doesn't get a HC job some place else, as Pep was on Harbaiguh's Stanford staff.

Did you watch the Cowboy's game today...nothing is more ugly that that...

Saw the first half and got disgusted and quit watching when they pulled Luck.  

I wouldn't put it all on coaching.  This team is pretty deeply flawed, we are just able to ignore it because we play a lot of terrible teams.  

pagano isn't going to step down to DC to make room for Harbsugh.

If the Colts did hire Harbaugh though there is a chance he would keep Pep as his OC if Pep doesn't get a HC job some place else, as Pep was on Harbaiguh's Stanford staff.

I think it's completely possible to persuade a good guy to use his expertise on D for us to get us to the SB more often than just once. Become a dynasty and do it as a team!

I think it's completely possible to persuade a good guy to use his expertise on D for us to get us to the SB more often than just once. Become a dynasty and do it as a team!

tell me the last time you saw a guy who had been the head coach of a NFL team for three years agree to step down and become that teams DC so they could bring in a new head coach to replace him? It doesn't happen.

Oregon didn't offer Billy $10M...I'm not going to argue, you'll have to wait and see that I'm right.

OK, we waited and I was right...Jimmy didn't downgrade himself, big time college football is big business.  Although I was serious about Jimbaugh, I really didn't think you were serious about Billy, I don't think he translates well to college and he's writing his own check in NE.