Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon Landry (Mega Merge)

mattceinicram

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the CBA allows trades for donuts. And if it did, I don't think we could get a glazed. Maybe a plain...

Conditional 8th round pick is basically a compensatory, and those aren't tradeable. And if they were, I can't imagine what kind of conditions there would be on that pick. What, we get the pick if he flexes a certain number of times the rest of the season? 

In the NBA and MLB, you can trade a player for cash. I'd do that, but I don't think you can in the NFL. And I don't know how much cash we could get for Landry. 

In all seriousness, he has no trade value. If -- IF -- anyone wants him, they'd wait for us to release him after the deadline, and claim him off waivers. I still think that's our best option, that way maybe we can wiggle out of his remaining salary in 2014, and we get the roster spot.

Bottom line is you over pay for most of these free agents . Some work out fine and some are very stinky deals. This one smells like  poop.

It seems very weird right now I realize they have until next Tuesday to work things out but it seems odd he doesn't show up today Pagano seems very close to his vest about this!! I'm not sure if they are looking to move him or what from a depth standpoint it doesn't make sense to cut him

It seems very weird right now I realize they have until next Tuesday to work things out but it seems odd he doesn't show up today Pagano seems very close to his vest about this!! I'm not sure if they are looking to move him or what from a depth standpoint it doesn't make sense to cut him

Unless it was required for him to be at the facility today then it's not surprising. Landry doesn't do anything unless it's mandatory.  He's probably enjoyed his mini vacation and wants to milk it out till the end.

Bottom line is you over pay for most of these free agents . Some work out fine and some are very stinky deals. This one smells like  poop.

The market supported his contract, and it's not that burdensome. He just hasn't played well, and now seems to be a pain in the butt. I'm more irritated with the person than with the contract.

The market supported his contract, and it's not that burdensome. He just hasn't played well, and now seems to be a pain in the butt. I'm more irritated with the person than with the contract.

I also think they just take the cap hit and move on in 2015.

I guess the obvious answer would be Jalil Brown. I hope we don't risk any of the young guys making it through waivers Dewey.

I hope we hold on to Quarles. He should have stayed another year but has a quickness off the ball. I think with some work he could be a good rotational guy who has the ability to get to the QB.  

Maybe ankles it will be interesting to see what we do. Is he still practice squad eligible? 

As of the last I've heard/read, Pagano said he had not seen Landry since being eligible to return.

Does anyone know if he is back and practicing?  Sounds like he might not have been at the practice facilities because the team had the day off when Pagano had that interview, but I am not sure if anything else is going on with that situation.

As of the last I've heard/read, Pagano said he had not seen Landry since being eligible to return.

Does anyone know if he is back and practicing? Sounds like he might not have been at the practice facilities because the team had the day off when Pagano had that interview, but I am not sure if anything else is going on with that situation.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/32405-laron-landry-mega-merge/

landry knows the playbook. I think he could add value coming back for the giants game. anything is better than what we saw, he is a liability on passing downs but that matador defense we just witnessed couldn't be considered worse with Landry.

Safety play was not the problem vs Pitt.

well, his replacement wasn't stellar. i think we can honestly say, the entire defense was the problem. before vonte got hurt, he even looked confused at times.

Safety was the least of our worries. That game certainly doesn't change my opinion on SBrown vs Landry. Stick with Brown.

LaRon just uses football to get the cash he needs to finance his only true passion...weight-lifting/body building.

I get that he hasn't been good, but comments like this are ridiculous.

How the heck you you think players get stronger for football? By playing hopscotch?

Sure, the least of many defensively.

You really think so?  A team that gets gashed between the hashes and deep as often as the Colts did the problems are, in order:

• Pass rush
  • Safety
  • Inside LBers

The playing calling was bad as well but the safety is the line last of defense and they were not so this past Sunday.