Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks Not Going To Cut It

krunk

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson has had bad luck with FA WRs.  DHB was a bit of a reach but Nicks had some pedigree. I am shocked by his inability to get much separation from CBs.  My guess is that he get's one more chance against the Giants next week before Moncrief gets his reps. #87 get;s one more week off before the bye and comes back healthy for the NE game.

What do I expect him to do? His job genius. Make better decisions. 2 picks and a safety. How many points does that add up 2? Exactly puts us right in the game.

9 points of 51 and he also put up 34 points with very little help in chase mode all night. I think he more than did his job. Genius. Plus, the 2nd int was meaningless, game was over, and the safety was just terribly unfortunate timing to get the feet tangled up.

Not many QBs, if any, could have performed better with so much pressure in his face all night. I just don't understand how someone can direct blame at Luck and say he "tried too hard" when he was forced to throw the entire game to keep up with a juggernaut that our defense had no answer to and for the most part we did keep up 8 points down entering the 4th quarter.

Well i'd to see if Reggie isn't ready for the next week.

Hilton   Allen Castonzo Reitz/Mewhort Harrison Thornton Reitz/Mewhort  Fleener  Moncrief/Wayne

Richardson/Bradshaw  Luck

Gosder is playing awful and Nicks with 60 of 66 snaps just had 1 freaking reception(Luck and Nicks aren't on the same page or Nicks is playing like last year effortless).

Moncrief showed greatness, i think Whalen deserves more time he is an excellent route runner.

Nicks is gonna start next game, remember DHB? Pagano needed like 5 games to bench him and he let Hilton on the sideline for a while.

But seriously Nicks has to be benched next game, he doesn't run good routes and he doesn't get open.

I don't really understand the hate for Whalen i think there are 2 TD on kickoff and on punts he is good enough but Raven's game was awful, there is only one Devin Hester.

is that on pep or chuck

Not sure - put it on Pagano, he's in charge.  Moncrief passes the eye test for sure. I wonder what they are not seeing from him that limits his snaps.  He looks composed out there, I have seen him make some down field blocks and have only seen one obvious drop.  Pagano/Pep shelved Holmes for Harrison so they're capable of making a move to a young player.

What do I expect him to do? His job genius. Make better decisions. 2 picks and a safety. How many points does that add up 2? Exactly puts us right in the game.

Oh good lord.... He was tripped by the center and fell into the endzone and threw a desperation pick late when the game was already decided. Cast him out.

It never ceases to amaze me how some on this board never pinned anything on Manning, yet they nitpick Luck to death.

DHB 11 games started 29 rec 309 yards 1 td

Nicks 8 games started 18 rec 168 yards 2 tds

Moncrief 16 rec 216 yards 1 td

Just so no one is misled by those stats , the DHB numbers are for last year's 16 game schedule not just the 11 he started. 

Nicks has hands, but I can sense zero chemistry from him and Andrew. I notice how much he can't create any separation and has had several miscues with him.. 

Yeah, I'll take the latter over him at this point. 

Moncrief looked GREAT this game too, I like what I see from him.

Our defense is what caused the turnovers to bring us back in the game. You can't throw a pick

Sorry, but our defense is what brought us back into the game with the turnovers. Offense was off early. You can stare down a receiver and not expect a pick 6. You can't hold onto the ball when you know your offensive line can't slow down the blitz. And you have to be smart situationally especially near the opponents goal line. 

Like I said i think Andrew tries to do too much. Its the gift and the curse. You just have to learn balance and live to play another down. 

The defense had their moments, for sure.  But by and large, Ben was untouched.  I doubt the dude needed an ice bath after that game (or whatever they do after getting pummeled all game long); whereas Andrew is probably still in there.

Luck certainly had some issues, but holy cow man, we were down 10-20 points for most of the game... your game plan at that point is to try to score EVERY drive.  And seemingly, the Steelers WERE scoring every drive.

However you want to look at it, the majority of our trouble yesterday was the lack of a pass rush.  No matter how many we sent, Pitt had an answer.  At that point, we ought do drop 8 in to coverage and look for picks.

Nicks can't create any separation. And he's slow out of his breaks. But that pick 6 was on Luck. Luck could've thrown 4 picks today if the defense had hands. 

Luck just tries to do too much. Its the gift and the curse. He needs to learn how to tone it down man. He's a talent and brought us back. But he also lost us the game with the key turn overs.

yes, that was very noticable the last couple weeks.  I don't get how he can be this slow, but he is.  You're also right, Luck is at fault for not hitting him a few times.

He was running his route, how was he suppose to know Andrew fell down and needed someone close to the ball? The guy wasn't good today but at least don't blame him for non-sense.

He wasn't. That was a nonsense post by "#87WayneFanHe'sTheMan".

So you are telling me if Wayne was the 1 he was throwing the ball near he wouldn't have came back to help Luck out? I have seen Wayne come back a lot of times to help Luck out when he was in trouble.

So you are telling me if Wayne was the 1 he was throwing the ball near he wouldn't have came back to help Luck out? I have seen Wayne come back a lot of times to help Luck out when he was in trouble.

In this instance yes. The play was blown up when Luck fell and any WR had no way of knowing he fell.

Yes, I'm telling you Wayne would not have come back because he too would have been too busy running his route to know Luck was on his butt, same as Nicks. A WR does not look back at the QB mid route.

I felt like early in the game they were trying to force the ball to him to get him going and it cost us a little bit. Hope they learned from that.  For whatever reason, the chemistry between Luck and Nicks just isn't there.  And considering that Luck doesn't seem to have this problem with anyone else, i tend to think the issue is more with Nicks then Luck.    He and Moncrief seem to be on the same page and that kid is just a rookie.

dhb was benched last five games in favor of rogers and only played special teams

Forgot that he just played special teams for a whie. I just looked it up and it appears he didn't play any WR in the last 3 games.. not 5. Appears that the big game Rogers had vs Cinn (game 13) was the end for DHB. 

it looked like everytime Luck threw the ball in Nicks direction something bad happened he had the one nice over the shoulder catch but that it 

yea was either incomplete or intercepted infact most of luck's bad throws have come from throwing nick's way must be what eli was experiencing last year

Sorry,but a QB doesn't lose you a game when you give up 51 points and allow Big Ben to be the 1st person in NFL history with two 500+ yard games.

We lost this game because our coverage was weak and our QB pressure was equally weak.  There's no two ways about it, we lost because our defense didn't even begin to slow down Ben.

Totally agree.  Not sure that pick 6 wasn't on Nicks, not sure either way.  That last pick, I don't even count, based on the situation.  Team was down big early, Luck did a tremendous job bringing the Colts back despite not having much time in the pocket.  Defense and the O-Line were the biggest issues.

Seems the Nicks issue is a tough one to call.I've seen guys under perform 2-3 years in a row and you guys still scream"give him more time"but with Nicks you guys expect instantaneous Randy Moss.Luck always seems to throw crappy his way.My only complaint is that he needs to get with a sprint coach and build some speed back up.

Seems the Nicks issue is a tough one to call.I've seen guys under perform 2-3 years in a row and you guys still scream"give him more time"but with Nicks you guys expect instantaneous Randy Moss.Luck always seems to throw crappy his way.My only complaint is that he needs to get with a sprint coach and build some speed back up.

Sprint coach?

Why are people so blind?  I counted 4 passes to Nicks that neither Megatron or Dez Bryant could've even made the catch.  Just because he is targeted doesn't mean he should catch it.  The O line couldn't provide protection and Luck was inaccurate due to the pressure.  Go ahead and be ignorant, but please don't share the stupidity!!  Nicks could be a little better but what about the sideline catch about 30+ yards downfield? Nobody wanna give him credit for it?

He's about as good as a number 4 (5 maybe?) as you'll get though. Not sure if that's saying much. But they can no longer suppress Moncrief I feel. I know they wanted to wait to unleash him, but the time is now.

But I have nothing but respect for Nicks. He doesn't complain, has a great attitude, and unlike DHB he doesn't drop balls like he's paid to do it. This just isn't the place for him though. He really should of took whatever offer Carolina put on the table for him. But I respect that he said he wanted to win a championship here.

Hate to break it to a lot of folks here,  but Nicks doesn't have much trade value.

While he may not be our #3 WR anymore,  it's still a long season and he's still got value as a #4.    We will likely still need him in games to come.

No need to dump him now.    We'll get next to nothing for him and we still need him.

Yes, he's useless on the trade block, because he's not making the most of his rare opportunities in live game action. Give Moncrief more reps now. At least, he can move the chains & score a TD. 

Oh good lord.... He was tripped by the center and fell into the endzone and threw a desperation pick late when the game was already decided. Cast him out.

It never ceases to amaze me how some on this board never pinned anything on Manning, yet they nitpick Luck to death.

Thank you BOTT. It does feel like in some circles that Manning can do no wrong & Luck is held to an unreasonable 10 year veteran QB status. He has taken INDY to the post season twice. I agree Luck is a bust. LOL! Well said BOTT. 

Nicks isn't the problem, it's timing. I posted this in another thread. He has to stay in front of his defender, then comeback to the ball for his catches. On that INT Luck needed one more second to hit him. The OLine let us down yesterday. Trust me losing that game hurt the worse. I really don't like the stealers lol

I don't really understand the hate for Whalen i think there are 2 TD on kickoff and on punts he is good enough but Raven's game was awful, there is only one Devin Hester.

Actually, I'd rather put Moncrief on put return duties because he has better speed than Whalen, but if keeping Griff on Special Teams is the only way to keep him on the roster, I will learn to live with it. Yes, Devin Hester's do not grow on trees. Good point Jose. 

I just wanna try different people at punt return for better field position. If Julian Edelman or Danny Amendola can do double WR/PR duties in NE, why not Donte Moncrief in INDY? I'm just saying...I want better production there. 

Nicks isn't the problem, it's timing. I posted this in another thread. He has to stay in front of his defender, then comeback to the ball for his catches. On that INT Luck needed one more second to hit him. The OLine let us down yesterday. Trust me losing that game hurt the worse. I really don't like the stealers lol

Yeah, his timing is definitely off with Luck. They're using a different clock right now, and I think that's what happened on the pick.

But Nicks isn't getting any separation. It's not all timing...

I just can't stand Pittsburgh's throw back bumble bee jerseys. The worst eye sore ever even for night games man.  haha Simply the worst vintage NFL uniform ever made in my estimation. Yikes! Like a really bad zoot suit.

zoot-suit-yellow.jpg

Ben+Roethlisberger+Washington+Redskins+v

The ugliest uniform of all time. 

I was looking for excuses of why the defense was so bad.. I came up with one conclusion..

Those jerseys are SO bad that they blinded our defensive players. They had no idea where the ball even was. Coincidence? I think not.

Pretty convincing theory, right? haha

I was looking for excuses of why the defense was so bad.. I came up with one conclusion..

Those jerseys are SO bad that they blinded our defensive players. They had no idea where the ball even was. Coincidence? I think not.

Pretty convincing theory, right? haha

I'm inclined to believe it. Those uniforms are sooooo bad...