Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Herm Edwards: Top Trade Destinations For Peyton

KyFan18

Right after Herm said the Colts owe it to Manning to put him in a good situation to play in, he lists these as the top destinations:

1. Miami

2. Washington

3. Denver

wth?!

I, for one, don't want Manning traded at all, but these three teams are already bad, and they would probably have to give up a first rounder to get Manning...and...I just don't get the logic.

I can understand why. Miami has a talented WR and an elite left tackle. If Bush can continue playing like he has recently and Thomas can come on, they could have a rock solid offense with Peyton. I think Bess is exactly the kind of target Peyton loves over the middle, as well.

Dan Snyder still owns the Redskins.

Mameluc hits on Denver well enough.

How about this for a story line?

Peyton Manning led New York Jets vs Eli Manning led New York Giants in the first hometown Super Bowl ever, in this case for both teams, in New York, the media capital of the country and 10 miles from the league offices?

I think it sounds a LOT better being the Manning led Colts vs the Manning led Giants in the New York Super Bowl.

I dont know why this is even being debated. It will NEVER happen. Peytons not going anywhere. Period. If anything, he will retire. Mark my words, you will never see Peyton Manning in a different jersey. He will always be a colt.

There are few players that play their entire career with the same team, so while I think the odds are low he plays elseware, you can never say never.....

Peyton Manning led New York Jets vs Eli Manning led New York Giants in the first hometown Super Bowl ever, in this case for both teams, in New York, the media capital of the country and 10 miles from the league offices?

Given how both teams are playing this won't ever happen.

I dont know why this is even being debated. It will NEVER happen. Peytons not going anywhere. Period. If anything, he will retire. Mark my words, you will never see Peyton Manning in a different jersey. He will always be a colt.

Why continue to hold the man hostage to a team he has to carry to the playoffs only to have it fold yet again?

This season shows just how much the man has had to compensate for.

Imagine what he could do with a team that could win games without him.

Hasn't he given this team enough already?

Why continue to hold the man hostage to a team he has to carry to the playoffs only to have it fold yet again?

This season shows just how much the man has had to compensate for.

Imagine what he could do with a team that could win games without him.

Hasn't he given this team enough already?

Why do you believe if Peyton would go anywhere else he would win a SB? Winning a SB is as much luck as it is based on talent.

And where is the Super Bowl being hosted in 2 years? You guessed it...in New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do now you're in New York. Jay-Z and Alicia Keys doing the halftime show...the world might come to an end after that!

Love the idea of Manning to the Jets. Rex Ryan respects him a lot. The team is a servicable QB away from making the SB and everybody knows the Sanchez clown will only be their liability. Let alone the story that the two brothers share the same stadium and may make the SB there together. Classic.

The thought of Peyton playing somewhere other than Indy makes me sick.

You will feel sicker if he comes back, misses playoff with the record of 8-8 or 9-7 in his last 2-3 years, and retire leaving a team that is gonna register <3 wins each year in the next decade. There will be lots of paper bags sold at the LOS gate for fans to either throw up into or wear on the head.

1. New York Jets

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. Baltimore Ravens

4. San Francisco

Its going to be about him winning SuperBowls.. why would he go to Miami, Washington, or Denver? All those four teams have great defenses, and the offensive pieces in place, just lack continuity at the quarterback position.

I predict Mannings destination is Indy next year. If he is health enough to trade and want to play, then he should play here and Luck can watch for a couple of years. If you recall, before free agency and all the rookie money, QBs usually sat on the bench for a year or two and learned their craft. I think that lack of that is why so many highly rated college QBs have failed. Whether it's David Carr, Tim Couch, or Alex Smith, I think watching for awhile would have helped their confidence and learning the pro game. Luck is above the NFL. He can cry all he wants about wanting to play now (if he would even do that), but he doesn't have a whole lot of say in it.

...Winning a SB is as much luck as it is based on talent.

That sentence is so wrong it makes my hair hurt.

For one, there's very little luck involved. Either a team has it, or it doesn't. Either they play better than the other team, or they don't. Which brings me to my second point: talent has very little to do with it. Every NFL team has talent. It's whether or not it's being properly coached and utilized.

For one, there's very little luck involved. Either a team has it, or it doesn't. Either they play better than the other team, or they don't. Which brings me to my second point: talent has very little to do with it. Every NFL team has talent. It's whether or not it's being properly coached and utilized.

Well luck does count. The Colts SB run cost a lot of luck, otherwise how could we suddenly able to stop the run and run the football well? But that run could have consumed Colts luck for 50 years... That's why they need to have "Luck"...

And excellent post. +1 from me.

The trading deadline is expired, right? So this would have to happen in the off-season? If we get a 1st rounder from a poor-record team, like Miami, we could snag both Andrew Luck with our pick and Justin Blackmon with their pick. With Reggie Wayne making it tough on our contracts and the rookie wage scale, this could be a great opportunity.

I'd expect more than just one 1st rounder from Manning though. If Carson Palmer got more, so should Manning.

Well i hope if Manning can play that somehow he can exist with Luck(if we draft him). That being said if Manning is traded and Irsay lets him have input to where he goes, my guess is he will not pick the Redskins.

I think when the Colts played the Giants he was stressed out going up against Eli, i think it it bothered him having to beat his brother. I can't see him going against him twice a year.....JMO

The trading deadline is expired, right? So this would have to happen in the off-season? If we get a 1st rounder from a poor-record team, like Miami, we could snag both Andrew Luck with our pick and Justin Blackmon with their pick. With Reggie Wayne making it tough on our contracts and the rookie wage scale, this could be a great opportunity.

I'd expect more than just one 1st rounder from Manning though. If Carson Palmer got more, so should Manning.

I would LOVE getting both Luck and Blackmon. We could let Reggie walk and still not miss much with replacing him with Blackmon. Blackmon will actually be an upgrade so adding him to Garcon and Collie will make our WR dangerous again.

If we pulled a trade off and got these guys, we could then focus the rest of the draft on defense and maybe a OL or 2.

Right after Herm said the Colts owe it to Manning to put him in a good situation to play in, he lists these as the top destinations:

1. Miami

2. Washington

3. Denver

wth?!

I, for one, don't want Manning traded at all, but these three teams are already bad, and they would probably have to give up a first rounder to get Manning...and...I just don't get the logic.

Definitely don't think or want this to happen, but I think Miami could be pretty dangerous with Peyton. Good defense, young Oline, Bush and Marshall as receivers. We'll both have last place schedules so Manning could live up to his old promise to kick our a$$ for passing on him. :lol: