Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Herm Edwards: Top Trade Destinations For Peyton

KyFan18

I dont know why this is even being debated. It will NEVER happen. Peytons not going anywhere. Period. If anything, he will retire. Mark my words, you will never see Peyton Manning in a different jersey. He will always be a colt.

This. Those guys were debating alot of nothing.

I dont know why this is even being debated. It will NEVER happen. Peytons not going anywhere. Period. If anything, he will retire. Mark my words, you will never see Peyton Manning in a different jersey. He will always be a colt.

I remember thinking the same thing about Michael Jordan. "The Bulls would never trade him, not after how much he's done for the team and the city." How'd that pan out?

They didn't trade him...

He retired and came back as a Wizard because he was their GM at the time...

He retired because of an egotistical GM who thought the team's success was all about him (a familiar story in my opinion) who forced one of the best coaches in NBA history out to install an unqualified puppet.

Jordan made no secret about the fact that no Phil Jackson meant no Michael Jordan even though he could have played for several more seasons.

lmao .... these guys are *! IF Manning is damaged goods no one is going to give anything for him! IF Manning is gonna be back 100% the Colts will not trade him - theyd draft Luck and trade him!

Guys like McNabb are wanted even though they haven't done anything in three years and is well past his prime. Heck there for three or four teams who wanted Orton when he was wavied. Teams are going to be willing to take a chance on Peyton Manning even if it's not a sure thing he'll be 100%. The question is would they offer enough to make it worth the huge PR hit the Colts are going to take by trading Peyton Manning. That's one of the reasons I don't think this happenes. This isn't Green Bay where you can trade the face of the franchise there are a lot of Colts fans who are more Peyton Manning fans than Colts fans and trading Peyton Manning might be too much for a lot of those people to take.

The main reason i don't think this happens though is simple math. Peyton's bonus is due before they can trade him so they would have to take a huge cap hit in order to trade him. Frankly if the Colts aren't going to go forward with Manning they would probably have to release him. Again I am not sure if that is something the Colts can realisticly do unless they are just 100% sure he is done. Make no mistake that is why they want him to practice so bad so they can be informed as much as they can before they make this choice because frankly this choice if they make the wrong one could kill them more than missing on Ugoh, Hughes, Gonzo, Pollack, and Brown combined. I fhtey cut him and he's healthy and goes some place else they will NEVER live it down if they keep him and pay him money and he is an older QB with a bum arm then that is a huge hit to the sallary cap that is pretty much going to nothing.

He retired because of an egotistical GM who thought the team's success was all about him (a familiar story in my opinion) who forced one of the best coaches in NBA history out to install an unqualified puppet.

Jordan made no secret about the fact that no Phil Jackson meant no Michael Jordan even though he could have played for several more seasons.

So what is your point? You think Peyton is going to pull a Jordan and retire because of Polian's ego? I highly doubt it.

I was responding to the guy who said the Bulls would never trade Jordan and said how did that work out and I pointed out they didn't trade Jordan.

exactly right////

We'd trade the No.1 pick before we traded Peyton Manning...

Why would we trade him if he's healthy and why would anyone else trade FOR him if he's not??

Your last question can also be argued for WHY would we keep him? Its a risk/reward league, someone would take a chance at Manning just like you are wanting to take a chance at keeping him.

And also trading the #1 pick would be a worse option for us if you look at potential vs risk.

They didn't trade him...

He retired and came back as a Wizard because he was their GM at the time...

Can you imagine if Polian decided to put himself in as QB? lol. Actually he couldn't do any worse. But we all know he would put his son Chris in and yes it would get worse.

Your last question can also be argued for WHY would we keep him? Its a risk/reward league, someone would take a chance at Manning just like you are wanting to take a chance at keeping him.

And also trading the #1 pick would be a worse option for us if you look at potential vs risk.

I know you have some kind of obsessive infatuation with Luck...but lets say Manning is healthy and able to play at his usual high level for the next 4yrs...we KNOW how great he is...would you seriously trade a guy thats considered one of THE all time greats, who is still able to perform at a high level for the next 4yrs for a guy we dont know if he'll even be a good NFL QB for 10 years?