Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Percy Harvin Traded To The Jets

Blackhawk4

That sort of came out of left field. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 18 hours too late. Their season just ended last night lol...

I wonder what Seattle is smoking with that? There has to be more to the story.

Pete Carrol was just talking about expanding his role and throwing deep to Harvin.

Something definitely happened.

Quick trawl of Seattle forums suggest the coaching staff were frustrated by him not knowing the playbook (which they tinkered for him specifically). He's been taken out for 3rd downs this season because they can't trust him to execute,

Still....wow.

Weird. He didn't seem to have a problem learning the playbook last season (especially given his performance in the playoffs). Wonder what happened.

Wow. I knew Seattle messed up by giving up a first for Percy. They should have kept the pick and drafted Keenan Allen in the 2nd. Imagine Russell Wilson throwing to a stud 6'2 or 6'3 number one WR. I think this must have something to do with Percy's attitude.

Looks like Seattle eats 14.5 million in dead cap space with this move.  Absolutely stunned by this.

Cap penalty of $6.2m this year, $7.2m next year. That's already spent money. Cap savings of $7.1m this year, $5.7m next year. Dead money is pretty much a wash. Significant cash savings, and significant future cap savings, for a player that's not making a difference for them so far. The Jets take him with no guarantees due, no bonus money or potential cap penalties, and only give up a mid round pick in the future.

I definitely think the Jets come out ahead, but the cap situation for moving Harvin isn't a big deal. It's certainly not prohibitive. 

Wow. I knew Seattle messed up by giving up a first for Percy. They should have kept the pick and drafted Keenan Allen in the 2nd. Imagine Russell Wilson throwing to a stud 6'2 or 6'3 number one WR. I think this must have something to do with Percy's attitude.

Could have drafted Cordarelle Patterson in the first, like Minnesota did. Really bad trade. I said last year that it was worse than the Richardson trade, and I still believe that.