Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Percy Harvin Traded To The Jets

Blackhawk4

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Percy Harvin will be forever plagued by OCs that have no idea how to use him. Now he gets to play for Marty Mornhinweng uggghhhhh

I'm not sure that was the case in Seattle.

That's typically a pretty sharp brain trust....    though their use this season of Lynch has been pretty head scratching....

To be fair, Geno played great last night. He's just lacking offensive weapons. Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson are his three receivers. 

I agree, Geno did play his best game of the year last night, but he's not Russell Wilson, and IMO he isn't their long term solution at QB.

The 2014 Jets are 1-6 at the bottom of the division with rumblings that JI and RR are on the way out

This is a good move for the future but does nothing for the 2014 edition of the team

I disagree. It makes them better right now. That includes Geno, because it gives him a dynamic player to get the ball to in a variety of ways. (He completed 20 passes last night, so let's not act like he doesn't know how to throw the football.)

And it obviously helps them in the future. Very little risk, potentially huge reward, especially if it helps them salvage some of Geno's potential. 

I disagree. It makes them better right now. That includes Geno, because it gives him a dynamic player to get the ball to in a variety of ways. (He completed 20 passes last night, so let's not act like he doesn't know how to throw the football.)

And it obviously helps them in the future. Very little risk, potentially huge reward, especially if it helps them salvage some of Geno's potential.

I agree but they are standing at the bottom of the grave without a ladder and no hope of getting out

I will say this though Harvin is the type of player you want to add to an already dynamic offense. For as good as he is, he still has limitations, and can't be relied upon to carry and offense the way an AJ Green or Julio Jones can.

Agreed he is a great player but he is no face of a franchise

The Seahawks did but The Jets do not

I don't think I am. No player in the NFL is as big a home-run threat as he is. Especially given that he creates these opportunities himself given his YAC ability. 

1) Was. The first half of 2012 is two years ago now. 

2) I don't know that we could quantify this, really, but there are a ton of players with big play potential, and many of them have actually been on the field making big plays over the last year and a half. TY Hilton, for instance, who has more 40+ yard gains than any other player in NFL history, through his first two+ years. Giovani Bernard, Antonio Brown, Andre Ellington... lots of explosive players who are actually still making explosive plays. And they are more complete players. Hilton and Brown are better receivers, Bernard and Ellington are full time RBs. All of them are more durable.

It's a nitpick, he's definitely one of the most dangerous players, IMO. I wouldn't call him THE most dangerous. 

I agree but they are standing at the bottom of the grave without a ladder and no hope of getting out

You add a dynamic offensive player for a mid round pick. It's a no brainer. Let the future get figured out when the time comes.

Although, in the unlikely event that the Jets go on a tear for the rest of the season, if it saves Rex Ryan's job, that's probably a net negative. It's time for him to go, either way.

You add a dynamic offensive player for a mid round pick. It's a no brainer. Let the future get figured out when the time comes.

Although, in the unlikely event that the Jets go on a tear for the rest of the season, if it saves Rex Ryan's job, that's probably a net negative. It's time for him to go, either way.

I don't think RR's job can be saved

Percy needs the ball to be dangerous

Even with the ball the most dangerous player in the NFL might be a reach. He is explosive I am not questioning that. The most dangerous??

I just don't see that.

What position does he play KR? Is he the most explosive KR?  WR he certainly isn't the most dangerous WR. Is he a RB?

Seahawks cut their losses don't see it hurting them much Baldwin and Kearse are better WR's. The loss to the Cowboys Percy had 6 touches for -3 yards. Makes no sense to pay a player that is basically a gimmick that much money.

1) Was. The first half of 2012 is two years ago now.

2) I don't know that we could quantify this, really, but there are a ton of players with big play potential, and many of them have actually been on the field making big plays over the last year and a half. TY Hilton, for instance, who has more 40+ yard gains than any other player in NFL history, through his first two+ years. Giovani Bernard, Antonio Brown, Andre Ellington... lots of explosive players who are actually still making explosive plays. And they are more complete players. Hilton and Brown are better receivers, Bernard and Ellington are full time RBs. All of them are more durable.

It's a nitpick, he's definitely one of the most dangerous players, IMO. I wouldn't call him THE most dangerous.

So I think he's the best and you think he's one of the best? I really don't see the need to argue this then.

Wow. That just came out of left field. Guy has undeniable talent, but just seems to be a headache. 2 out of 2 teams and going to your third. Running out of people to point fingers at. If he doesn't see this as a slap in the face and straighten out, its a mistake on his end. I mean, Seattle is basically paying him to play for someone else. You'd think he would find that insulting.

I was told “Go find a team picture from Super Bowl and you can still see part of the black eye Tate got from Harvin"

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein)

October 17, 2014

@LanceZierlein pic.twitter.com/3X0gg684al

— Magnus Bendixen (@BendixenNFL)

October 17, 2014

That's interesting...based on the rumor that Tate had an affair with Wilson's wife, perhaps it's the wrong player being named as the cause of the black eye. 

It was. More than half of his catches were behind the LOS. They weren't even trying to sue him as a regular WR. 

I'm just saying there's likely more to the story than meets the eye.

Like perhaps Harvin had big trouble with the playbook,  which is what I'm reading.

Maybe they had to dumb things down for him?    Dunno.  

But the Seattle people are pretty sharp.    Sometimes there's a good reason why things don't work out......