Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out KR Trindon Holliday

Dustin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have the day off today. Caused I'm surprised he'd step in the same building with the Punter who bulldozed him

:lol::funny:

But in all seriousness, if he learned how to hold onto the ball I'll take him. Need a spark at KR. Wish they'd let Purifoy do it though. Maybe they're cautious about Toler holding up and don't wanna shorten the DB depth Idk :dunno:

I'd like to sign him. He's a great returner. I know the fumble issues are well documented, but I'd like to take the chance. He has the potential to be an explosive playmaker on special teams.

Based on us using the waiver claim on him several years back, I'd predict we sign him...wouldn't surprise me if they booted Holmes to practice squad to make room. He's eligible.

I'd like to sign him. He's a great returner. I know the fumble issues are well documented, but I'd like to take the chance. He has the potential to be an explosive playmaker on special teams.

Based on us using the waiver claim on him several years back, I'd predict we sign him...wouldn't surprise me if they booted Holmes to practice squad to make room. He's eligible.

Holmes could the man cut

Can't boot a player to the practice squad. You have to waive him, then he has to clear waivers, then he has to agree to sign back to your practice squad. So I think that's highly unlikely, especially with the interior line issues that other teams have.

I am not a big fan. Its a boom or bust move with Trindon Holliday, I always felt. He would make dumb mistakes at critical moments in close games by fumbling or turning it over or bringing it out to the 10 yard line to get tackled etc.

He cannot contribute as an RB or WR from what I have seen and heard, so we will be using a roster spot for only the boom factor related to his returns hoping it will show up more than the bust factor on his returns.

Do you think that 22 catches for 133 yards with no TDs and 11 rushes for 92 yards and 1 TD are good numbers in 5 games? Somehow I think you over value him.

you do realize seattle isnt a passing team right? you got lynch turbin and wilson all running the ball

you do realize seattle isnt a passing team right? you got lynch turbin and wilson all running the ball

He didn't do much on the RB/WR front with the Broncos either. Like I said, return skills boom or bust player, you have to cross your fingers and hope that it is more boom than bust everytime.

He didn't do much on the RB/WR front with the Broncos either. Like I said, return skills boom or bust player, you have to cross your fingers and hope that it is more boom than bust everytime.

all I said was give him a few jet sweeps. didnt say make him the foundation of our offense

all I said was give him a few jet sweeps. didnt say make him the foundation of our offense

I'd rather do that with T.Y. so that our play calling is not limited, that is my point (unless you want to waste a few plays just so that you can get Holliday on the field).

T.Y. Hilton is just as fast as him and we can run way more plays with T.Y. on the field. With Trindon Holliday, you cannot run him between the tackles, you cannot play him like a Sproles since he does not function well as a WR with his back to the QB, and there will be too much predictability because of that limited nature.