Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safety Situation Poll [Merge]

Bravo

Safety Situation  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Colts to do to improve our Safety position?

• Trade a draft pick?
    • Trade a starting player?
    • Sign a free Agent?
    • Roll with what we have for now?

I am interested to see what everyone would want to do about our safety situation. Im not sure how to get the poll to work so ill just ask.

What would you do to IMPROVE (or atleast not decrease productivity) our safety situation. 

1.) Would you trade a draft pick?

2.) Would you trade a starting player?

3.) Would you sign a free agent?

4.) Would you stick with what we have now?

Personally, i know some people do not like Grigson's trade history but I really think we could trade a draft pick for a decent safety who could start for the Colts. I wouldnt mind giving up as high as a 2nd rounder for one if we was proven. If we werent sure i wouldnt mind taking a chance with a 3rd or 4th rounder.

1 Depends on the pick and player I suppose say the 6th we got from Seattle for an decent cover safety all for it . A 1st or 2nd no thanks .

2 I don't know would not mind if it's a position we have depth and it's not a big step off from starter to the back up .

3 Not any that stick out but Clemons but he could be washed up can't seem to stick anywhere maybe there is some under the radar Grigs likes .

4 Don't really trust Brown or McDonald but maybe one will shine if they get a chance .

1.) Would you trade a draft pick?  Yes,even a high draft pick for the right player

2.) Would you trade a starting player? see above

3.) Would you sign a free agent? this would be the preferred route, so as not to send any draft picks away, but also keep in mind we're only going to get what we pay for.  Not a lot of game-changing safeties available.  

4.) Would you stick with what we have now? If the above options don't work out then yes, and keep an eye on other teams' practice squads

Some of these suspensions are complete crap. Also figures the NFL would suspend him at the biggest stretch of our season where his loss may hurt the most.

You cant point the finger at the NFL. The NFL did not force anyone to put banned substances into themselves. The abusers do it to themselves so it is all on them. If you don't have the will power not to put crap into your body then you are not mentally tough so you are not needed.

You cant point the finger at the NFL. The NFL did not force anyone to put banned substances into themselves. The abusers do it to themselves so it is all on them. If you don't have the will power not to put crap into your body then you are not mentally tough so you are not needed.

:facepalm:

So what is the problem with my comment? You seem to have a problem with it. Please tell me old wise one!

You call a guy out for not being mentally tough when you have zero idea what the substance was. You call a guy out for being mentally weak, a guy you have never talked to, a guy you have never even met. Pretty ridiculous really

Why would we draft a draft pick if he's coming back in four weeks?

Can you do that in the NFL?  

With the 32nd pick of the 2015 draft the Indianapolis Colts select....

the #1 pick of the 2016 draft.

I think I like that. :)

I think the Colts should trade Da"Rick to San Fran for Anoine Bethea... he's a pretty good safety.

You call a guy out for not being mentally tough when you have zero idea what the substance was. You call a guy out for being mentally weak, a guy you have never talked to, a guy you have never even met. Pretty ridiculous really

He blew drunk. If you don't have the will power not to drink and drive then you are mentally weak. If you would bother to read the whole story you would have noticed what he was arrested for. But no you just wanted to act like you had a problem with me. Well if my post bother you that much there is a ignore button.

He blew drunk. If you don't have the will power not to drink and drive then you are mentally weak. If you would bother to read the whole story you would have noticed what he was arrested for. But no you just wanted to act like you had a problem with me. Well if my post bother you that much there is a ignore button.

You may want to get the two stories of the day straight. Landry wasn't arrested for dui, Rogers was. This thread is about our safety situation, not wr situation

Is Craig Loston still available ?? I wouldn't mind adding him to the PS. As far as the 53, if it were to be a safety, I guess I would say Clemons just for a stop gap until Landry gets back. Also, I asked this before and got no reply, Do you think that Champ has anything left in the tank to make the switch to Safety and be effective ??

Is Craig Loston still available ?? I wouldn't mind adding him to the PS. As far as the 53, if it were to be a safety, I guess I would say Clemons just for a stop gap until Landry gets back. Also, I asked this before and got no reply, Do you think that Champ has anything left in the tank to make the switch to Safety and be effective ??

Jags just signed Loston.

Sergio Brown should never start a game after letting Gabbert throw a game winning touchdown, he's better off as a special teams player. I want to see Purifoy play FS, he's the most interchangeable DB on the roster. He can cover, tackle and he's a hard hitter.

He has a hangover

You may want to get the two stories of the day straight. Landry wasn't arrested for dui, Rogers was. This thread is about our safety situation, not wr situation

It makes no difference. If Landry was caught using a banned substance then he is just as mentally weak also. The NFL sends list of banned drugs and things that are not acceptable. I assume that Landry can read? He put a substance in his body and now he is of no use to the team. He let the team, owner, coaches and fans down.

It makes no difference. If Landry was caught using a banned substance then he is just as mentally weak also. The NFL sends list of banned drugs and things that are not acceptable. I assume that Landry can read? He put a substance in his body and now he is of no use to the team. He let the team, owner, coaches and fans down.

I guess we just neglect the fact you didn't know who we were taking about....ok

Trying to get a competitive advantage is not being mentally weak. He made a bad decision, but neither you or i know if he is mentally weak

I guess we just neglect the fact you didn't know who we were taking about....ok

Trying to get a competitive advantage is not being mentally weak. He made a bad decision, but neither you or i know if he is mentally weak

Nobody is neglecting anything. I was confused about the two players. Like I said it don't mean anything. Both players are not on the field helping their team. Both made mental mistakes. You can make excuses or think anything you care too but the bottom line is they let their team and the Colt fans down. Does that really need explaining?

My instinct is to roll with who we have for a couple of reasons. McDonald was signed off the practice squad and would seem more prepared to add to the rotation then a FA. Adams, Brown, Anderson, McDonald & possibly Purifoy should provide enough capacity to get the Colts through 4 weeks.

At the same time, signing of a FA to the PS is still likely, as it provides an opportunity to take a closer look at a player of interest.

Nobody is neglecting anything. I was confused about the two players. Like I said it don't mean anything. Both players are not on the field helping their team. Both made mental mistakes. You can make excuses or think anything you care too but the bottom line is they let their team and the Colt fans down. Does that really need explaining?

Yes i agree with that. But that doesn't necessarily mean he is mentally weak was my point