Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Callin 'em Out (Week 4)

Superman

Who are you callin' out in Week 4?

Who do you think needs to play better, who needs to have a good game, who will you have your eye on? 

(Keep in mind, this is meant to be a light hearted endeavor, not to spark debate and argue with each other. We can do that in the other threads.)

Last week, it was mostly the pass rush and Andrew Luck. Luck definitely answered the call. The pass rush was much better as well, but I think we'd all like to see more from them before we get too excited.

I'm calling out our ILBs. Freeman probably won't play again, and Jackson and McNary have struggled in coverage. Delanie Walker was a tough cover for us last season, and the Titans will look to get him involved this week. It's going to be on the ILBs (and probably the safeties on occasion) to keep him in check. 

Offense: The entire offense

Can they put up another 40 burger? The offense has the talent to drop at least 30 every game, time to prove it. Make the other team play catch up, never take the foot off the pedal. Well, until it's really out of reach like last week

Ty Hilton: Consistency, stop having good games then disappearing the next.

Hakeem Nicks: Welcome to the party big fella, keep that going and make sure you show Mr. Grigson why you need to be back with the horseshoe next season and seasons to come

Trent Richardson: Being outshined by Bradshaw, step it up and take control of the game. Let the game come to you, you're still trying to think instead of just running but you have looked good minus the fumbles and a few bad reads

Defense

Laron Landry: Please stop being a body builder and start being an NFL safety. Wrap up tackles, not missile launched boom or bust tackles

Bjoern Werner: Robbed last week, get that chip on your shoulder and prove you're no fluke. Dorito or Frito doesn't matter just get a chip on your shoulder and play with a nasty streak

D. Jackson: We know you're a thumper and nice in the run defense, now I need you to be nice in the pass defense as well. Walker is salivating watching the Denver film, shut him down

Freaky Jean-Francois: Arthur Jones is gone for awhile, step up and take control of that position

:colts:

:cheer:

Who are you callin' out in Week 3?

Who do you think needs to play better, who needs to have a good game, who will you have your eye on? 

(Keep in mind, this is meant to be a light hearted endeavor, not to spark debate and argue with each other. We can do that in the other threads.)

Ah-hem....  cough...   cough....

How about......   week 4?    (Hey, I was asleep when you were posting!)

I know week 3 was great fun,  but we can't relive it again!  (unless Tennessee really, really sucks!)     :thmup:

I'd call out the defense....    this is an offense that we should be able to contain....  and yet,  they reportedly have a very good OL, so let's see what our D can do against them?     Step up!

Last week, it was mostly the pass rush and Andrew Luck. Luck definitely answered the call. The pass rush was much better as well, but I think we'd all like to see more from them before we get too excited.

I'm calling out our ILBs. Freeman probably won't play again, and Jackson and McNary have struggled in coverage. Delanie Walker was a tough cover for us last season, and the Titans will look to get him involved this week. It's going to be on the ILBs (and probably the safeties on occasion) to keep him in check. 

When you write that I'm assuming by "again" you mean this week....   and not out for the remainder of the season?!?

Just wanted to make sure you weren't springing some surprise on us!

Ah-hem....  cough...   cough....

How about......   week 4?    (Hey, I was asleep when you were posting!)

I know week 3 was great fun,  but we can't relive it again!  (unless Tennessee really, really sucks!)     :thmup:

I'd call out the defense....    this is an offense that we should be able to contain....  and yet,  they reportedly have a very good OL, so let's see what our D can do against them?     Step up!

Good catch. Foiled by copy and paste, yet again.

When you write that I'm assuming by "again" you mean this week....   and not out for the remainder of the season?!?

Just wanted to make sure you weren't springing some surprise on us!

No, I meant this week. I don't know anything more than anyone else does about his long term prospects, but hamstrings injuries can be tricky.

Werner I'm calling you out. You were overdrafted and are playing out of position. Spark ze debates!

You're not calling out Werner.  You're calling out the front office and the coaching staff.

Nothing wrong with that though, everyone should be accountable for the product on the field.

I'm calling out Fleener. Dude needs to start making every single easy catch that comes his way. That dropped TD pass last week didn't make a difference in the end, but it was brutal.

I really give him a free pass on that ONE play, mostly because you could easily tell the sun was jn his eyes and man that Jacksonville sun sure is bright. If he had a visor on our woulda been a night game then yea feed him to the wolves. However he did catch just about everything else that day

I really give him a free pass on that ONE play, mostly because you could easily tell the sun was jn his eyes and man that Jacksonville sun sure is bright. If he had a visor on our woulda been a night game then yea feed him to the wolves. However he did catch just about everything else that day

To be honest I can't recall the sun being in his eyes, not that I am saying you're wrong. I just remember it hitting him in the hands and him having a dejected look afterwards.

To be honest I can't recall the sun being in his eyes, not that I am saying you're wrong. I just remember it hitting him in the hands and him having a dejected look afterwards.

Yeah, sun or not, you have to make that catch. I know it's a tough standard, but that drop is inexcusable.

May not be popular here but, I'm calling out Reggie Wayne. He needs to do a better job of getting open. He looks old and slow. Shame to see how much he went down hill in the past 12 months. It happens to the best of us though. Guess I should clarify that is for red zone plays. He needs a touchdown!!! Just checked he has the most yards of all receivers with 188 and Ty in 2nd with 186. Oh well, rather see Moncrief out there in his spot.

I agree he should have caught it but I dont think he should be thrown to the wolves after one play especially when he made good plays after that

I wasn't implying he should be "thrown to the wolves." The purpose of the thread was to call out players whose performance was somewhat lacking. I believe Fleener is the most deserving of that on the offense going off of last week's performances.

He did make some catches like you said, including a TD (although I remember he almost bungled the TD catch he did make as well). Like Superman said though, there is no excuse for an NFL player to drop a wide open pass -- sun or no sun. Hence why I called him out. I actually like Fleener, but it seems like his concentration isn't there at times.

May not be popular here but, I'm calling out Reggie Wayne. He needs to do a better job of getting open. He looks old and slow. Shame to see how much he went down hill in the past 12 months. It happens to the best of us though. Guess I should clarify that is for red zone plays. He needs a touchdown!!! Just checked he has the most yards of all receivers with 188 and Ty in 2nd with 186. Oh well, rather see Moncrief out there in his spot.

Reggie's speed just isn't there anymore. I don't think it's from a lack of trying. Not sure how much he can be called out for getting old. His hands and routes are still pretty good.

I wasn't implying he should be "thrown to the wolves." The purpose of the thread was to call out players whose performance was somewhat lacking. I believe Fleener is the most deserving of that on the offense going off of last week's performances.

He did make some catches like you said, including a TD (although I remember he almost bungled the TD catch he did make as well). Like Superman said though, there is no excuse for an NFL player to drop a wide open pass -- sun or no sun. Hence why I called him out. I actually like Fleener, but it seems like his concentration isn't there at times.

The thrown to the wolves really wasn't directed towards you, more so the various threads and member who beleive he should be traded.

Like I mentioned he should have caught it. I just hate calling out players after one bad play when they made other good plays.

1. Pep. Make sure Andrew gets his rhythm by playing up tempo.  I heard Trent Dilfer talking about the 1-2 teams need to establish their identity by doing what they do best.  Pep's play calling gets in the way sometimes

Werner.  You have to help Walden out and get some consistent pressure

ILBs. Can't let Walker go nuts

CBs. Need another good game.  They should be able to contain the TN WRs.

Who are you callin' out in Week 4?

On offense Im calling out Luck and the receivers. Just the fact that Tennessee has the 2nd rated pass D in the NFL right now and the 31st ranked run D. If Luck can get it going while Richardson and Bradshaw pound the rock then that has the making of a blowout game. 

On defense Im coming for Chapman. He hasn't been all he's cracked up to be lately and he could lose his starting job. I wouldn't doubt it if Kerr got a lot of snaps. In the preseason and the past 3 games Kerr has had a positive grade in run stopping and pass rush, while Chapman has negative in both aspects of his game (grades are from Pro Football Focus). Overall I want Chapman to really shut down Green and Sankey.

On offense Im calling out Luck and the receivers. Just the fact that Tennessee has the 2nd rated pass D in the NFL right now and the 31st ranked run D. If Luck can get it going while Richardson and Bradshaw pound the rock then that has the making of a blowout game. 

On defense Im coming for Chapman. He hasn't been all he's cracked up to be lately and he could lose his starting job. I wouldn't doubt it if Kerr got a lot of snaps. In the preseason and the past 3 games Kerr has had a positive grade in run stopping and pass rush, while Chapman has negative in both aspects of his game (grades are from Pro Football Focus). Overall I want Chapman to really shut down Green and Sankey.

I think we've only used Kerr at DT/DE, not NT, which is where Chapman plays. Hughes has been Chapman's backup. 

But I agree on Chapman, he hasn't gotten the push that he was getting last year. However, we've been playing teams that don't feature a strong ground game, so he's kind of been out of his element. I think this week will be a good test case for him.

I think we've only used Kerr at DT/DE, not NT, which is where Chapman plays. Hughes has been Chapman's backup. 

But I agree on Chapman, he hasn't gotten the push that he was getting last year. However, we've been playing teams that don't feature a strong ground game, so he's kind of been out of his element. I think this week will be a good test case for him.

Definitely. He could just be getting off to a slow start also. I never really panic about the first couple games. Players tend to get off to slow starts. 

I'm going to call out the dynamic duo of T.Y. Hilton & Hakeem Nicks because they both need to get things going. Also the refs are getting called out because they have been bad all year & need to stop with the bad calls.

A special shout out goes to Reggie Wayne for playing in game number 200. I hope he picks up 200 yards in this one because I expect the Colts to have the ball often.

Pep with all the talent you have we should be in control getting close to 40 weekly.

Trent the time is now game 4 into the offense you have had all year to learn first 100 yard game lets do it

Fleener if you can't catch the ball you are of no use

Manusky let's get creative with some blitz packages I'd like to see 5 sacks on Sunday and a couple of turnovers. We have the CB's on the outside you should be able to do some things vs back up QB lets see a Crazy swarming D 

Werner saw some flashes vs Jags build on it maybe switch spots with Walden a couple of times just to see what it looks like.

Colts play all 60 mins get to .500 with style

Definitely. He could just be getting off to a slow start also. I never really panic about the first couple games. Players tend to get off to slow starts. 

That's a good point. We didn't do a lot of hitting in training camp, by design. For someone like Chapman, he might need a couple weeks to get going. Not excusing his slow start, but I do think it's possible that he'll start to play better as time goes on.

Also, he's been double teamed a lot, so it might just be that he's eating up blockers like we want him to. I'd like to see him get some push on passing downs, but whatever he's been doing on running downs has been working, because the middle has been stopped up all season so far. And whoever is on his right and left are having good games. Redding, RJF, Jones, Kerr have all been really good.

That's a good point. We didn't do a lot of hitting in training camp, by design. For someone like Chapman, he might need a couple weeks to get going. Not excusing his slow start, but I do think it's possible that he'll start to play better as time goes on.

Also, he's been double teamed a lot, so it might just be that he's eating up blockers like we want him to. I'd like to see him get some push on passing downs, but whatever he's been doing on running downs has been working, because the middle has been stopped up all season so far. And whoever is on his right and left are having good games. Redding, RJF, Jones, Kerr have all been really good.

Very well said. The runs up the middle are almost non-existant. He is more of a space eater.

I always like to call the first couple games of the regular season glorified preseason. Some teams start off slow or get off to good starts but to have the rest of the season pan out differently. Look at the Panthers last year. They went 1-2 in the first three weeks, to end the year 12-4. And the Cardinals went 4-0 in the 2012 season only to finish 5-11.

Trent the time is now game 4 into the offense you have had all year to learn first 100 yard game lets do it

Fleener if you can't catch the ball you are of no use

If there was ever a time it is this game because the Titans are at the top as far as pass defense. So I look for a heavy dose of runs from Trent & Bradshaw to do his thing too.