Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

can luck carry us

OLD FAN MAN

How many threads are you going to start asking basically the same question?

Well....   let's see now...    Hmmmm....     :thinking:

17 weeks in a season....   7 days in a week.....     doing the math....     :scratch:     looks like 119.

Then there is the playoffs....      and....   well....    you get the idea.....   :rollseyes:

There's just no limit......       smh.....        :facepalm: 

we have some weak spots on our team, o-line,safety, pass rush, maybe some more. is luck good enough to carry us so we can compete with the top teams?

He has up to this point. 

He is way ahead of the team rebuild process, and that is why we have won so many games in Andrew's young career. 

Just enjoy it. We should have only won 8 games in 2012 and 2013 combined. Andrew has made that much of a difference. 

We are on the right track.

O-line has potential.  We're waiting for Holmes to come back and Mewhort was playing in his first game.  Even after Holmes comes back we have to remember the guy doesn't have a ton of playing time.

My biggest worry is Thornton.  He got plenty of playing time and I havn't seen a huge improvement that I was hoping for.

But I would still say we need to have some patience with the O-line.

Pass rush and safety are bigger concerns, ones we should make sure to correct in the off-season.  Even if Mathis comes back 100% next year, he won't be around for ever.  

Just to compete against the top teams, Yes of course he can, He has been doing so.....Can he do it to the SB and win it carrying the team? No, We have to eventually be able to run the ball and make plays in the Secondary...My opinion...I don't think the defense will be good enough as long as Manusky is defensive coordinator, He puts some of our players on defense in no win situations or in situations does not maximize there talents....Of course some of that is out of necessity but a lot of it is just bad decision making , The offense has to do a much better job on 2nd and 3rd down as well.

Andrew was the Greatest in 25 years who can make all the throws and was Phenomenal in the Red Zone. In college. He threw BBZ.

Hmmm! Has he yet thrown a pass before his receiver made his break? Is he even decent at leading his receiver if they are less than wide open?

He CAN Run!

We scored off long play because a guy went for the Int., a tipped pass in the end zone, and a super Andrew run. With a successful on side kick.

Andrew must get Considerably better as a decision maker-checking down, and on his accuracy-ball placement. Little improvement so far, give him a couple more years.

I don't think he can ever lift the starting defensive line.  

Arthur Jones:  337

Corey Redding:  318

Josh Chapman:  341

That equates to exactly 996 lbs. 

That's a ton (almost literally) to carry all by himself, and now you want him to carry the entire 53 man roster?  I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible.

He has up to this point. 

He is way ahead of the team rebuild process, and that is why we have won so many games in Andrew's young career. 

Just enjoy it. We should have only won 8 games in 2012 and 2013 combined. Andrew has made that much of a difference. 

We are on the right track.

I agree and if and I know this is a big IF but if Holmes turns out to be a quality starting C even a bigger IF he can stay healthy we have the anchor to the O Line that will give it the opportunity to gel as the year goes on. We could come out of this season looking pretty good on O Line.

We have the weapons at skill positions. The offense could really come together by season's end....we still have Pep but it is what it is. 

We are building on D have a couple of holes to fill but that isn't looking all that bad either. We have a good team.

Then next year we have what 9 draft picks an extra 6th and 7th right? And cap space. Things are looking very good in Indy. It just takes time and in most place a lot more time.

I think the bottom line is we are spoiled fans. We go from 13 years of Manning to one bad year into the Luck era. We had one losing season in the how long???