Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New England Game [Merge]

Dustin

What would I like to see happen in the New England game (keeping in mind this is hypothetical and has 0% chance of occurring)?

McAfee starts at QB, audibling more than Peyton ever has and goes 24/28 for 416 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs to give him a perfect passer rating. Our RB duo consists of Moala and Reitz, both of whom get 150+ yards and 2 TDs. Vinatieri did a little extra work in the weight room this week and blasts a 70 yard field goal...three times. Our top receiver is Saturday who has 8 receptions for 116 yards and 2 TDs.

Belichick feels so bad after the loss, that he resigns as coach of the Pats. Meanwhile, Caldwell wishes to end his coaching career on a high note and retires from the NFL. Belichick seizes the opportunity and comes to Indy as the new head coach.

[/dream]

What would I like to see happen in the New England game (keeping in mind this is hypothetical and has 0% chance of occurring)?

McAfee starts at QB, audibling more than Peyton ever has and goes 24/28 for 416 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs to give him a perfect passer rating. Our RB duo consists of Moala and Reitz, both of whom get 150+ yards and 2 TDs. Vinatieri did a little extra work in the weight room this week and blasts a 70 yard field goal...three times. Our top receiver is Saturday who has 8 receptions for 116 yards and 2 TDs.

Belichick feels so bad after the loss, that he resigns as coach of the Pats. Meanwhile, Caldwell wishes to end his coaching career on a high note and retires from the NFL. Belichick seizes the opportunity and comes to Indy as the new head coach.

[/dream]

Okay, so maybe .01% chance of it happening.

Maybe Caldwell just decides to pack it in regardless.

[/dream]

Hey, it's possible. I mean, it is the Patriots Defense. Lol.

I remember in 1997 an 0-10 Colts team beat the 8-2 defending Superbowl champion Green Bay Packers 41-38. Jim Harbaugh was injured and little used backup QB Paul Justin played the game of his life. He drove the Colts down the field for a game winning field goal with 3 seconds left. Green Bay was heavily favored and like they say "on any given day." . The Colts finished the season 3-13 and selected Peyton Manning in the next draft.

@zachris- I can picture Peyton yelling at Brady like he did Jeff Saturday. brady "Peyton what are you doing?" peyton "Look Tom get in the locker!" brady "No, get out of here" peyton "Look, Look I'll get the **** out of here if you just get in the :edit: locker!!!!!" brady "no" peyton "GET IN THE :edit: LOCKER!" 20 mins later he's talking to the o lineman "yeah he's in the locker, he put up a fight though. I'm mic'd up too"

@zachris- I can picture Peyton yelling at Brady like he did Jeff Saturday. brady "Peyton what are you doing?" peyton "Look Tom get in the locker!" brady "No, get out of here" peyton "Look, Look I'll get the **** out of here if you just get in the :edit: locker!!!!!" brady "no" peyton "GET IN THE :edit: LOCKER!" 20 mins later he's talking to the o lineman "yeah he's in the locker, he put up a fight though. I'm mic'd up too"

Mic'd up would be awesome!

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Pats/Colts rivalry just disappeared? I mean, it was HUGE for a long time when these two teams played each other, now all the talk is about Pats/Jets. I understand there not being as much hype around the game this year because of Manning being out and Indy's winless record, but I still see this as a big rivalry game. Am I the only one?

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Pats/Colts rivalry just disappeared? I mean, it was HUGE for a long time when these two teams played each other, now all the talk is about Pats/Jets. I understand there not being as much hype around the game this year because of Manning being out and Indy's winless record, but I still see this as a big rivalry game. Am I the only one?

It's because of the the "Rise" of the Jets. I mean what's more important, A game against non-divisional team or against a team that could easily keep you out of the playoffs?

The reason is Rex "Jabba the Hut" Ryan. The NY media is so gulible to his self promotion that he gives them something to report on without having to do any work. Since ESPN is right there they do the same.

Unforunately...or fortunately depending on how one looks at it...Manning is the colts. So there's just no rivarly with the colts team. Not since they were in Baltimore in the same division.

its always been Manning against the "Patriots".

And as pointed out above..Rex has brought new meaning the Jets rivalry.

[/dream]

If you are going to dream that big, then dream for a cure to cancer, or be selfish and dream to win the lottery, or a weekend with Alyssa Milano.

I might add...the fan rivarly is probably still there since NE has torched them so bad;-)

Drew Brees is better at picking apart zone defenses. This game however, is in New England, in the snow, and we could easily see another SNow game like the Titans-Pats game several years ago. Hopefully our D gets better, better so that we don't get embarrased. Probably going to be 45-3 final.

New England will beat the brakes off us but at the end of the day it will be a hollow victory for them and their fans over an inept Peytonless Colts team. I am sure they'd take more pleasure in beating us with Peyton by a one point than by 100 without him.

As a Colts fan, I have virtually no expectation whatsoever of a win so I will probably be numb from the opening kickoff up through the foregone conclusion. Upon witnessing the debacle, I will tell myself that this would never happen if we had Peyton and then console myself with the knowledge that we are 1.) a week closer to securing the first pick in the draft and 2.) one week closer to the end of this dreadful season.