Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New England Game [Merge]

Dustin

I have a feeling the game will be over with before the half is done with.

I kinda feel for Painter though. Him playing against NE is going to be like sending a sheep to a pack of hungry wolves.

Merged the two NE topics together

I wouldn't say that. New England's defense hasn't really been lighting it up this year. In fact, they are the worst defense in the league in terms of total yards and passing yards.

All I am going to say that is if Peyton is healthy and can play next year katy bar the door because payback's are a lady so to speak. rotfl Peyton > Payback Time

( you can guess what I put in lady but was changed. haha )

Edited by Susie Q

Painter will have a decent game but i say we lose 45-20. Almost all of our points in garbage time.

Huh?

We could only score 3 against the Jags at home. You think we can do 20 against the Pats on the road?

In your opinion, what major change in the offense will occur that will let that happen 2 weeks from today?

We could only score 3 against the Jags at home. You think we can do 20 against the Pats on the road?

The Jags game was a low-scoring game (I believe the Jags only scored 17) and therefore was still in question deep into the 4th quarter. If the Pats get a 40+ point lead, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts score a couple TDs in garbage time while the Pats are playing prevent defense to prevent quick scores. Sometimes you actually score more points when you're playing poorly for this reason.

The Jags game was a low-scoring game (I believe the Jags only scored 17) and therefore was still in question deep into the 4th quarter. If the Pats get a 40+ point lead, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts score a couple TDs in garbage time while the Pats are playing prevent defense to prevent quick scores. Sometimes you actually score more points when you're playing poorly for this reason.

Clyde Christensen having Painter or Orlovsky running Peyton Manning's offense is prevent offense.

Against a different team, yeah - I can see your point. But I don't see the Pats easing up on us at the end of the game.

And - gotta remember: we've scored only 27 combined points in the last 4 games. And IIRC, those were not all offensive points. :)

The best way to try and beat the Pats is to run it a ton, keep Brady off the field, and try and keep it from being embarrassing. That said, we've been unable to do that all year with the exception of a few games. I just want to see Wes Welker laid out (not hurt, but a nice pop from Angerer) b/c I can't stand that little bleep...That happens and I'm good no matter what the score. just a big fat hit on Welker.

Sorry if I offended you. I have been a Colts fan since they moved to Indy. Since Peyton arrived things have gotten better. The Patriots have been a thorn in our side for a long long time.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. The Colts are 5-2 in recent years. They are no longer a thorn. When healthy, Manning typically owns the Patriots. The Patriots don't have to try to beat up our defense, because our defense is always worse than them. But Manning is typically better in the 4th quarter when it matters (last year being the only "oops").

Huh?

In your opinion, what major change in the offense will occur that will let that happen 2 weeks from today?

well, seeing as how the jags have the 8th ranked d and the Pats have the 32nd.....

In a perfect world I would want Peyton Manning to be healthy for 2-3 more years and win one more super bowl. However I dont think Peyton coming back for one game against the Pats will help us, unless it was a more of a morale win but he will still be fragile rather just sit him out till 2012 and wait for his return. Its not "if" but "when" lol

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. The Colts are 5-2 in recent years. They are no longer a thorn. When healthy, Manning typically owns the Patriots. The Patriots don't have to try to beat up our defense, because our defense is always worse than them. But Manning is typically better in the 4th quarter when it matters (last year being the only "oops").

The Colts have had the edge in recent years, but I'd hardly say it's been anything close to clear-cut dominance.

2010 - Pats win.

2009 - Colts with the "4th-and-2" game.

2008 - Colts win, but no Brady.

2007 - Pats win.

So in the last three games with a healthy Brady, the Pats have taken two of three.

Of course Indy took both the regular season game and playoff game in 2006, and the regular season game in 2005.

The kind of sad thing is that there won't be a Pats-Colts match-up next year, barring any miraculous turn of events.

The kind of sad thing is that there won't be a Pats-Colts match-up next year, barring any miraculous turn of events.

Actually, I read on this forum earlier on in the season that the AFC South will play the AFC East next year. So even though the Colts will not win the division, the Colts and Pats will still play...though that could be wrong

Actually, I read on this forum earlier on in the season that the AFC South will play the AFC East next year. So even though the Colts will not win the division, the Colts and Pats will still play...though that could be wrong

I think the AFC South plays the AFC West next year.

Two years ago Indy benched their starters against the Jets late in the season to unleash the unbridled fury that is Curtis Painter. They played the Bills the following week to end the season, so the AFC South definitely played the AFC East two years ago. They play the AFC North this season, so they would be slated to play the AFC West next season. They will probably get the Browns and the Dolphins as the AFC North and AFC East opponents, respectively.

I appreciate the optimistic Colts fan who knows the meaning of "any given Sunday". I also appreciate "straight talk". I'll go with straight talk on this one. My Colts are the most disorganized, undisciplined, unprepared and uninspired group I've ever seen walk onto a pro football field. The "game plans" they've been asked to execute (in all three phases) are the most parochial in the league. Bottom Line; they are flat out overmatched in personnel, game planning, coaching, offense, defense & special teams. For the Colts to win this game, the Patriots would have to commit the biggest choke in NFL history.

My (broken heart) expectation;

Patriots - return both a KO and a Punt for a TD =14

Patriots - intercept 4, 2 retuned for a TD's =14

Patriots - 7 sacks, 2 strip sacks, 1 for a TD = 7

Patriots - pass for 400+ yards, 4 TD's = 28

Patriots - rush for 175+ yards, 1 TD & a FG = 10

Colts - 2 drives cross the 50, 1 drive nets a FG = 3

Patriots 73 - Colts 3

We play the afc east next year. It rotates every 3 years. Last year we played the afc west. This year the afc north. N next yeat the afc east. Fir this pats game, colts are.gonna get thumped. The pats ran the score up agaonst kc with 1 mon to go. They will putt 70+ against us if thier history has taught us anything. Freeny n mathis should just hit brady on every play. Forget about flags. If we put him on ir for the rest of the season that's our best accomplishment of the year.

I think the AFC South plays the AFC West next year.

It rotates every 3 years. We played the AFC West in 2010 when the Chargers whipped us 36-14, we play them next in 2013. We played the AFC East in 2009, play them next in 2012. So, we play the AFC East next year.

It rotates every 3 years. We played the AFC West in 2010 when the Chargers whipped us 36-14, we play them next in 2013. We played the AFC East in 2009, play them next in 2012. So, we play the AFC East next year.

You're right. My own explanation doesn't make any sense. I completely skipped last year when thinking through the rotation in my head. I jumped from two years ago to this year. I guess it goes to show just how thoroughly I have blocked last season from my memory....mostly because of the way it ended.

How bizarre would it be if Indy still ends up playing the Chargers next year even after finishing last in the AFC South?

Who thinks this is going to be worse then the New Orleans game. I have a feeling that Brady will torch the Colts for a score of 73-0. Honestly i dont wanna watch this. Ive been a fan since 2005 and Ive seen every game since then. Who feels the same way

I hope it is 84-0. The only way we are ever going to see some much needed and long overdue changes is for things to be so horrible that they simply cannot be excused away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey resident Patriot fans! I'm driving up from New Jersey to go to the game this weekend and was just wondering if any of you had any recommendations for getting to the stadium. Parking tips, public transporation options, etc. It kind of looks like Gillette is in the middle of nowhere.....kind of like the Meadowlands. Not in the city area like Baltimore and Washington. Hopefully, I can work something out so that parking doesn't end up being more expensive than the game ticket. I saw on the Patriots' website that parking in the vicinity of the stadium runs about $40. I also saw that there is a rail line that is about $15 round trip. Is there any privately run parking in the vicinity? Any tips for a first timer?

Hey resident Patriot fans! I'm driving up from New Jersey to go to the game this weekend and was just wondering if any of you had any recommendations for getting to the stadium. Parking tips, public transporation options, etc. It kind of looks like Gillette is in the middle of nowhere.....kind of like the Meadowlands. Not in the city area like Baltimore and Washington. Hopefully, I can work something out so that parking doesn't end up being more expensive than the game ticket. I saw on the Patriots' website that parking in the vicinity of the stadium runs about $40. I also saw that there is a rail line that is about $15 round trip. Is there any privately run parking in the vicinity? Any tips for a first timer?

Yeah its in the middle of nowhere alright...purtitanville. Foxboro a very old puritan setting.

If you don't want to walk far park at Patriot Place North (not the stadium parking). It'll say no stadium parking but its an unknown given you can park there as long as you don't tailgate. $40.

You can walk right into Patriot place.

There's lots of private parking/tailgate along route 1. The further the cheaper. I think the train runs from Boston.

Enjoy.