Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis at NY Jets (8-7-14)

oldunclemark

Early start - 7 p.m. (EST), 6 p.m. (CST)

WNDY-TV Channel 23...(Indy area only)

low 70s at game time slight chance of rain

Reggie will sit out...I guess we'll be looking for depth at RB.

..and a chance to see Matt Hasselbeck play some

But finally...the 6-month off season ends!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by B-B, August 5, 2014 - Breaking rule telling people to PM them for streaming links
Hidden by B-B, August 5, 2014 - Breaking rule telling people to PM them for streaming links

A lot of us are out of the Indy area.  The game will be replayed on the NFL Network, I believe on Friday afternoon.

I understand that there are ways that you may be able to watch the game on some websites.  I'm not certain if they're legal or not.

We certainly do NOT want to do anything illegally.  So please don't post those websites.

PM me instead.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - quoting removed post

A lot of us are out of the Indy area.  The game will be replayed on the NFL Network, I believe on Friday afternoon.

I understand that there are ways that you may be able to watch the game on some websites.  I'm not certain if they're legal or not.

We certainly do NOT want to do anything illegally.  So please don't post those websites.

PM me instead.

LIKE!!!! 

So, what are the Jets strengths and weaknesses?  I know their secondary has really been bolstered, although I don't know if everyone is playing.  But it may be a good opportunity to see how our 1s do against theirs.

Their Oline used to be one of their strong points, I'm not sure it still is. 

I don't expect any gameplanning, so Geno may have a decent quarter.  I really don't care about the score.  I just want our guys to continue to develop and come out healthy.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - talking about streaming
Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - talking about streaming

PM me instead.

Yeah. I'll be watching the game on online. Don't really care if it's illegal or not.

Posted · Hidden by B-B, August 5, 2014 - Quoting above post asking people to pm him
Hidden by B-B, August 5, 2014 - Quoting above post asking people to pm him

A lot of us are out of the Indy area. The game will be replayed on the NFL Network, I believe on Friday afternoon.

I understand that there are ways that you may be able to watch the game on some websites. I'm not certain if they're legal or not.

We certainly do NOT want to do anything illegally. So please don't post those websites.

PM me instead.

Careful, I know that even saying that can get you in hot water. Visit the game thread come game time on reddit /r/nfl to find the best stream a person puts together.
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - streaming talk
Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - streaming talk

Careful, I know that even saying that can get you in hot water. Visit the game thread come game time on reddit /r/nfl to find the best stream a person puts together.

Will do.  I've never been on that thread before.  I may have to PM you for instructions.  Unless it's a simple as using the address you just listed.

Early start - 7 p.m. (EST), 6 p.m. (CST)

WNDY-TV Channel 23...(Indy area only)

low 70s at game time slight chance of rain

Reggie will sit out...I guess we'll be looking for depth at RB.

..and a chance to see Matt Hasselbeck play some

But finally...the 6-month off season ends!

I'm going to guess that future hall of fame clipboard holder Jim Sorgi will be calling the game on WNDY which is channel 10 here in these parts.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - looking to buy tickets
Hidden by Nadine, August 6, 2014 - looking to buy tickets

If anyone is local and would like a ticket PM me. I'm not selling them or anything, totally free. Had friends cancel so I have a couple. I'd rather try and find a few Colts fans to go with before giving them away at the stadium.

I'd meet you at the stadium.

Sorry if this violates any rules, but didn't want to start a thread on this.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - discussing buying and selling tickets
Hidden by Nadine, August 8, 2014 - discussing buying and selling tickets

If anyone is local and would like a ticket PM me. I'm not selling them or anything, totally free. Had friends cancel so I have a couple. I'd rather try and find a few Colts fans to go with before giving them away at the stadium.

I'd meet you at the stadium.

Sorry if this violates any rules, but didn't want to start a thread on this.

Damn and I just bought tickets today! I needed 4 though.

I'll be there though, splurged the extra $20 a ticket and got seats in the metlife 50 club behind the colts bench, solely based on pre-game on-field access, that and the unlimited free top shelf food, and the free soft drinks.

Damn and I just bought tickets today! I needed 4 though.

I'll be there though, splurged the extra $20 a ticket and got seats in the metlife 50 club behind the colts bench, solely based on pre-game on-field access, that and the unlimited free top shelf food, and the free soft drinks.

Sounds so good, you wont need to watch the actual game...

Hopefully they play Matt alot, Otherwise these young receivers and TE's trying to crack the roster simply are not getting a real chance to produce with Harnish throwing to them unless Harnish has gotten a lot better.......ALOT better....Which I am not hedging my bet on

Hopefully they play Matt alot, Otherwise these young receivers and TE's trying to crack the roster simply are not getting a real chance to produce with Harnish throwing to them unless Harnish has gotten a lot better.......ALOT better....Which I am not hedging my bet on

May not matter anyway if reports of how bad the 2T O-line has been playing are true. Maybe some of the starters will stick around for Matt so the WR's can get a few quality passes.

So, what are the Jets strengths and weaknesses?  I know their secondary has really been bolstered, although I don't know if everyone is playing.  But it may be a good opportunity to see how our 1s do against theirs.

I don't expect any gameplanning, so Geno may have a decent quarter.  I really don't care about the score.  I just want our guys to continue to develop and come out healthy.

There aren't loaded with offensive weapons..but I'll be interested in seeing the Colts No.1 offense against the Jets No.1 defense...

Its early but I always want to see us move the ball..

Not good. First time I can remember us playin' both Jets and Giants in the same year (even though they're pre-season)...and I've just moved to South Carolina so I won't get the games. Grr...

Too bad. Colts are also playing the Giants in a meaningful game on Nov. 3rd at Met Life Stadium.

Too bad. Colts are also playing the Giants in a meaningful game on Nov. 3rd at Met Life Stadium.

True dat.  A game i would have LOVED to go to.  There may be a chance i'm in the area on that day so

there still may be hope.  Hopefully this will work out and I'll be in the stands.  Met Life is a VERY fan

friendly stadium.  The Giant fans to visitor's fans...not so much.

I doubt we will see many #1s. If so, it wont be much. Normally the first two pre season games the coaching staff are looking at the bubble players. They have to decide who stays or goes with the first round of cuts coming up.

I doubt we will see many #1s. If so, it wont be much. Normally the first two pre season games the coaching staff are looking at the bubble players. They have to decide who stays or goes with the first round of cuts coming up.

Three or four series for the ones. With Peyton, it would usually be one or two the first game.

I think the ones will go the first Q since the Oline needs to work together.

True dat. A game i would have LOVED to go to. There may be a chance i'm in the area on that day so

there still may be hope. Hopefully this will work out and I'll be in the stands. Met Life is a VERY fan

friendly stadium. The Giant fans to visitor's fans...not so much.

Yes, you should try to make it! I have been to a couple of games at Met Life Stadium. I also attended the draft day event this year, compliments of a Giants fan/friend of mine. I had a great time.

It is good to see a few NY/NJ/CT folks on the forum. There is only one Colts fan who calls the local sports radio station in NYC and he has done so for many years. At times I wonder if he is a member of this forum. Could that have been you? He is from a town in NJ.

Anyone on the northern side of the state know if it's going to be covered up here?  

I presume if nothing else it will be on the radio.

Anyone on the northern side of the state know if it's going to be covered up here?  

No. Valpo...not on TV that I can find

NFL net will show it Friday at 12 noon (maybe 11 a.am. CST)

Board Rules

1. Absolutely no profanity or obscene, vulgar or violent posts, period.

2. Zero tolerance for personal attacks on anyone including the mods.

3. Don’t write in all CAPS! It’s “YELLING” and unnecessary.

4. No soliciting, selling tickets, merch or anything else. No spamming or illegal activity.

5. No political or religious discussions.

6. No “nonsense” posts, this includes rumors.

7. Fans from ALL NFL teams are welcome. They get along in real life and we expect the same here. No exceptions

8.) No posting or requesting illegal online streaming links. No discussion about your use of illegal streaming links.