Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Scary moment?

Bravo

I don't think this has been posted yet and I don't know how to do all the link stuff on my phone but i saw on twitter and on http://lindyssports.com that T.Y. Hilton had a scary moment at OTA's where he done for a ball landed awkardly on his leg. He layed on the ground for several minutes holding his knee and groaning. He was helped off of te field. He returned later in practice though and said he was okay.

He is one player I would not want to lose due to injury!! Can all of the Colts just be in bubbles while they are not in pads please!!!?? Te Colts always have such bad luck with injuries! Time to move on injury bug, I beg you!

I don't want to see any Colts players hurt either, but come on, quit acting like, and expecting the players, to act like wimps.

Football is a rough sport and it takes a toll on a body.  That is something that we as fans have to deal with and the players  even more-so.

This is one of the reason why I like TY as a player, he goes all out.  He seems to have the Marvin Harrison philosophy... he gets paid to practice, the games are just a fun bonus.

I don't want to see any Colts players hurt either, but come on, quit acting like, and expecting the players, to act like wimps.

Football is a rough sport and it takes a toll on a body. That is something that we as fans have to deal with and the players even more-so.

This is one of the reason why I like TY as a player, he goes all out. He seems to have the Marvin Harrison philosophy... he gets paid to practice, the games are just a fun bonus.

Not expecting them to act like wimps! It would just be really great to have one of our best wide recievers be able to play in some games this season!! I always think practice makes players better but when we have a season like last when everyone was hurt it certainly doesn't help the team! Maybe at reciever we are deep but other posistions not so much!

So I would be happy if they were wimps for Now! In the first post I did day "until pads come on" when pads come play hard! Some things happen

Not expecting them to act like wimps! It would just be really great to have one of our best wide recievers be able to play in some games this season!! I always think practice makes players better but when we have a season like last when everyone was hurt it certainly doesn't help the team! Maybe at reciever we are deep but other posistions not so much!

So I would be happy if they were wimps for Now! In the first post I did day "until pads come on" when pads come play hard! Some things happen

I agree it's good to have the star players playing.  The reason they are stars is because they don't act like wimps in practice.

I agree it's good to have the star players playing. The reason they are stars is because they don't act like wimps in practice.

Yeah it is true! It's just the risk that they have to take! It's just always a shame to have your best players not be able to play! Hopefully they play hard and take care of themselves

Yeah it is true! It's just the risk that they have to take! It's just always a shame to have your best players not be able to play! Hopefully they play hard and take care of themselves

That is why they get paid the big bucks as the saying goes.

From one center to another, I was starting to get a bit worried about you bravo but now I see you remembered how you practiced.  I bet you didn't think about taking it easy so you were available for the games.

That is why they get paid the big bucks as the saying goes.

From one center to another, I was starting to get a bit worried about you bravo but now I see you remembered how you practiced. I bet you didn't think about taking it easy so you were available for the games.

No reason to get worried! ;) It's different when your the spectator and I was losing my senses! Ha but all we can HOPE for is that we stay pretty healthy before and during this season

Absolute nonsense.

its nonsense to get hurt for no reason when it doesnt matter and you're already have a spot on the team? im not saying he shouldnt practice hard, but theres also has to be a level of understanding that this is just practice and getting hurt doesnt help anyone

One of the things TY said is "We are all out there competing."

To me, each and every player gets better when they see a TY Hilton or a Reggie Wayne going at it full speed in practice.  Guys like Donte Moncrief only benefit by seeing this work ethic.  All players that see it in fact.   :thmup:

I flipped out at the Cardinals game last season whenever TY layed out for a pass and landed all sprawled out, He seriously didn't move for several seconds, being there at the game it looked bad...

Guess he just got the wind knocked out of him, but for a split second I thought he was toast...

My buddy I was with still teases me cause of how bad I freaked out...

Here's to hoping we can finally have a relatively injury free season, Colts are due!!!

its nonsense to get hurt for no reason when it doesnt matter and you're already have a spot on the team? im not saying he shouldnt practice hard, but theres also has to be a level of understanding that this is just practice and getting hurt doesnt help anyone

It is nonsense because it is football.  There are inherent risks in the game, even if they are dong non-contact drills. 

Hilton has to go after everything that is thrown at him - that is what his job requires him to do.  They have to practice everything - catching good and bad throws.  Diving if necessary.

They cannot be put into a bubble.  The good that comes from practicing every circumstance and catch far outweighs the downside.

And think about this - we are talking about an almost injury.  Who really cares?  Hilton is fine.

It is nonsense because it is football.  There are inherent risks in the game, even if they are dong non-contact drills. 

Hilton has to go after everything that is thrown at him - that is what his job requires him to do.  They have to practice everything - catching good and bad throws.  Diving if necessary.

They cannot be put into a bubble.  The good that comes from practicing every circumstance and catch far outweighs the downside.

And think about this - we are talking about an almost injury.  Who really cares?  Hilton is fine.

if you can avoid an injury why wouldnt you? you think hilton, the fans, or the organization will be happy if hilton gets hurt for something that has no merritt? when reggie got hurt, it was to help us win a big game. hilton getting hurt in ota doesnt do anything, but cripple the team

if you can avoid an injury why wouldnt you? you think hilton, the fans, or the organization will be happy if hilton gets hurt for something that has no merritt? when reggie got hurt, it was to help us win a big game. hilton getting hurt in ota doesnt do anything, but cripple the team

So practice has not merit?

The organization would hate it if that were to happen but understand that is the nature of the game.  The reasonable fans would also grasp the concept.  You, on the other hand...

Tell me, when Sean Lee got hurt the other day, did Dallas stop practice so as to not risk injuries to others?  No, they went on with their work because contrary to what you appear to think, there is merit to what they are doing, risks and all.

So practice has not merit?

The organization would hate it if that were to happen but understand that is the nature of the game.  The reasonable fans would also grasp the concept.  You, on the other hand...

Tell me, when Sean Lee got hurt the other day, did Dallas stop practice so as to not risk injuries to others?  No, they went on with their work because contrary to what you appear to think, there is merit to what they are doing, risks and all.

yea and because of your concept, the cowboys lost the best player on their defense

yea and because of your concept, the cowboys lost the best player on their defense

Dear God...

Did you see the play that he got hurt on?  It was innocuous as it could have been and yet he still got hurt.  You cannot protect them completely and they need to work on the things that will happen in a game.  They HAVE to do it.  So what would you have them do - film study only? 

Dear God...

Did you see the play that he got hurt on?  It was innocuous as it could have been and yet he still got hurt.  You cannot protect them completely and they need to work on the things that will happen in a game.  They HAVE to do it.  So what would you have them do - film study only? 

I did see the play. look like the guy mauled him. all im saying is theres no need to make diving plays at this point of the  season

I don't think this has been posted yet and I don't know how to do all the link stuff on my phone but i saw on twitter and on http://lindyssports.com that T.Y. Hilton had a scary moment at OTA's where he done for a ball landed awkardly on his leg. He layed on the ground for several minutes holding his knee and groaning. He was helped off of te field. He returned later in practice though and said he was okay.

He is one player I would not want to lose due to injury!! Can all of the Colts just be in bubbles while they are not in pads please!!!?? Te Colts always have such bad luck with injuries! Time to move on injury bug, I beg you!

while I don't want to lose TY an injury to luck would be worse. We are much deeper at WR than a year ago while losing TY would stink I think we could over come it. Thankfully we won't have to though.

T its ota. You don't need to dive for passes.

your right he doesn't need too but you practice like you play. These guys tend to go all out when they are on the field because one coaches are watching for effort and it's that effort that got TY to the NFL and makes him a good player and two players tend to believe when you don't go 100% is when you get hurt and three I think you have so much going on on the field in terms of secession making a lot of how you react is muscle memory and that doesn't care if it's practice or not.

So I agree he doesn't have too but I also think he's going too so rather he has too or not is kinda a moot point.

I did see the play. look like the guy mauled him. all im saying is theres no need to make diving plays at this point of the  season

There is when you are a professional athlete and you desire to become one of the best at your position.  A player does not become one of the best because they take it easy during OTAs or anything for that matter that will help make them better.

It's probably more instinctual than anything however. They have a split second to react and I don't think it would register quick enough. That being said I don't think many receivers would ditch a low thrown ball due to the fact that one may tweak something out, it's not really in their nature.

There is when you are a professional athlete and you desire to become one of the best at your position.  A player does not become one of the best because they take it easy during OTAs or anything for that matter that will help make them better.

im not saying to take it easy. im saying make smart decisions. this isnt a game. this isnt worth getting hurt over

im not saying to take it easy. im saying make smart decisions. this isnt a game. this isnt worth getting hurt over

Yet, your idea of smart decisions is taking it easy... not diving for a ball, for example.  If you'd dive for the ball in the game, then you dive for the ball in OTAs and practice.  It really is as simple as that.  No matter how much some of you whine and cry about it.

Yet, your idea of smart decisions is taking it easy... not diving for a ball, for example.  If you'd dive for the ball in the game, then you dive for the ball in OTAs and practice.  It really is as simple as that.  No matter how much some of you whine and cry about it.

ok let him get hurt then we'll see whos whining and crying. let landry knock the stuffing out of our players. hey its ok its what he does in games so he has to do it in practice

ok let him get hurt then we'll see whos whining and crying. let landry knock the stuffing out of our players. hey its ok its what he does in games so he has to do it in practice

Landry will be playing with his muscles instead of football.  He should be at OTAs.  He is not very good.  He needs the reps....

You do not just walk on the field and miraculously catch a ball....practice and diving for balls is a good thing.