Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Scary moment?

Bravo

Landry will be playing with his muscles instead of football.  He should be at OTAs.  He is not very good.  He needs the reps....

You do not just walk on the field and miraculously catch a ball....practice and diving for balls is a good thing.

you wont be saying that if hilton did get hurt and was lost for the season. youd be saying why was he diving for balls in otas in the first place

What's funny is this shows more intelligence than most of your other posts in this thread.

so not agreeing with you guys makes me an *. great ill take it. I rather have an opinion then just follow everyone else

Well that's why you wouldn't be a very good WR in any league.

Um.. nobody on this forum is good enough to play wide receiver. I was just trying to make a point that the vets should be careful in a mini-camp or OTAs. In a real game (like the Denver game when Reggie got hurt) you have to try and make that catch,

Being wrong makes you wrong. The fact that there are others who agree with you does not make you right.

So your saying it's wrong that others are wrong but your also wrong for thinking others opinions are wrong becuase your opinion might also be wrong....

What is wrong with this!? ;)

Also people just want to have a healthy season... Last season was not good! Of course there are going to be fans who want players to be a little conservative this year before the season starts.

you wont be saying that if hilton did get hurt and was lost for the season. youd be saying why was he diving for balls in otas in the first place

I could guarentee that I would not. My attitude would be more of "damn, tough break". In fact I dont think the thought of "was he practicing too hard?" would have even crossed my mind until today.

Primetime said it best when he said "You get paid to practice, the game is just the fun part" os something along those lines. Point being that its the fact that these guys get up at the crack of dawn, work out till they almost pass out, maintain strict diets then go to practice and push themselves to the limit trying to improve their game is what makes them great. The "I dont want to get hurt" mentality is a cowards mentality, and one that does not belong on a football field.

No offense to you of course, but at the NFL level, guys are just moving too fast for a player to stop and worry about getting injured.

I could guarentee that I would not. My attitude would be more of "damn, tough break". In fact I dont think the thought of "was he practicing too hard?" would have even crossed my mind until today.

Primetime said it best when he said "You get paid to practice, the game is just the fun part" os something along those lines. Point being that its the fact that these guys get up at the crack of dawn, work out till they almost pass out, maintain strict diets then go to practice and push themselves to the limit trying to improve their game is what makes them great. The "I dont want to get hurt" mentality is a cowards mentality, and one that does not belong on a football field.

No offense to you of course, but at the NFL level, guys are just moving too fast for a player to stop and worry about getting injured.

you're only reaction to one of our best players getting hurt in something so meaningless as otas is tough break

you're only reaction to one of our best players getting hurt in something so meaningless as otas is tough break

I can't speak for fvantagio but that has been my reaction every year that I have followed a professional football team.  It's like, well that sucks but, it's time to move on.  I mean it is, afterall, just football.  It's not like the Colts winning or losing a game impacts my life other than the joy or disappointment while watching the games.

I can't speak for fvantagio but that has been my reaction every year that I have followed a professional football team.  It's like, well that sucks but, it's time to move on.  I mean it is, afterall, just football.  It's not like the Colts winning or losing a game impacts my life other than the joy or disappointment while watching the games.

there is no greater feeling to me then to watch my team win. its a part of me. when they win I win. so when a player goes down that is important to the success of our team, I get upset

No....I believe in giving 100% and leading by example.  If he gets hurt he gets hurt.  He is making others better around him.

My word, have you ever been involved in anything competitive in your life?  It would hurt the team more if he took it easy.

My answer mirrored here!  

If you best (One of your best) takes it easy, what does that tell the others?  I am not understanding the younger generation's thought process here.

What would Larry Bird have done as a player if someone loafed?  MJ?  I can name thousands.  i do not get this 'take it easy philosophy.  It is the difference between making the playoffs and being 7-9....or worse IMO.

Based on this response I can say with some degree of confidence that the answer to coffee's question to you is no.

moala and lynch got hurt and are gone for the season. no one cares. now if luck got hurt, pretty sure everyone would go insane

moala and lynch got hurt and are gone for the season. no one cares. now if luck got hurt, pretty sure everyone would go insane

You have to put in the work to be in the NFL.  To be great, you have to put in more.

Wait until they are in pads.  If you let up then you get destroyed.  I remember Fleener on  his first day of one on one blocking....got leveled by Mathis. :)

You have to put in the work to be in the NFL.  To be great, you have to put in more.

Wait until they are in pads.  If you let up then you get destroyed.  I remember Fleener on  his first day of one on one blocking....got leveled by Mathis. :)

im not saying to take it easy during TC. thats when things get serious. OTAs are nothing

in otas? 

Yes.  it doesn't just happen.  My HS coach had a saying that has stuck with me my entire life and I have discovered the truth of it many times in my own life and in observation of others.

He would say, "Practice does not make perfect... Perfect practice makes perfect."  And then he would explain that you have to practice a play 100+ times to get it perfect and then you have to practice it perfectly 100+ to do it perfectly in a game.  OTAs, mini-camps, training camp... that is the time to put in the hardest work not to take it easy.

And no, if Luck got hurt I, and I'm sure many others, would not go insane.  It would stink for the Colts and the chance the Colts would lose a few more games would be a real possibility  but that's as far as it goes.

Also think of it this way, now if TY has to dive for a pass in the game he will; one know he can make the catch and two have a better understanding of how to land to help prevent an injury.

I think Brent hit the nail on the head, it's something about this younger generation that things just happen, they don't realize no matter what you do, to be considered one of the best takes thousands and thousands of hours of hard work, mistakes and analysis.

Let's see, say I'm a rookie on the Colts and I come in to practice and I see all the veterans going at half speed and not competing, what am I going to think about the team? How am I going to behave?

You practice as you play to get the best results.

Oh and about Luck... That's why he wears a red jersey, Untouchable!