Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Andrew Jackson, ILB, WKU [Merge]

Indeee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good pick with great value. We still could use some secondary but Jackson is one of the best run stopping ILB's in the draft, very similar to Brandon Spikes but quicker. I wouldn't be surprised if he started on 1st downs, he's already the most physical ILB we have.

So Jackson beats out McNary?

My early guess is that Muamba will not make the team. I believe Jackson could contend as a starter. He is tougher than any inside linebacker we currently have.

We will have to find a way to reign him in though. It's his antics that hurt him.

So, you think Jackson will be better than Harvey, Lutrus, Muambo or Sheppard.

Interesting. I haven't studied him, so I'm not arguing.

I know you're not asking me, but I say yes.I don't think it's even close. We just need to keep his mouth shut and let his play on the field do the talking.

My early guess is that Muamba will not make the team. I believe Jackson could contend as a starter. He is tougher than any inside linebacker we currently have.

We will have to find a way to reign him in though. It's his antics that hurt him.

Good to know. I know nothing about him. Got to start doing my homework!

Does Grigson think he is drafting for the Raiders?

We have taken some gambles with character players for sure. This sure isn't the old Colts. Sometimes these picks pan out. I think Jackson has a real shot to be a big time player.

so far draft has been a bust as far as I can see--------can live with mewhort-----moncrief is good but how many wrs do we need?we went de in 5th, when we could have gotten SMITH or STINSON IN 3RD Oor addressed safety spot in 3rd.dunno.

Just because we had a lot of WRs coming into the draft . . . doesn't mean they're all good.

Do you not remember the monumental drop off in WR production after Wayne went down?  Some guys stepped up to play decently but no teams tremble at the though of Brazill, Whalen, and Rogers.

Hilton, Wayne, Nicks, and Moncrief.  Another story.  These guys have either the speed or size to change the outcome of game on a consistent basis.

Brazill came on late in the season but Whalen is primarily a back-up and special teams guy whereas Rogers is still a project that needs to learn the finer points of route running at the NFL level.

Just because we had a lot of WRs coming into the draft . . . doesn't mean they're all good.

Do you not remember the monumental drop off in WR production after Wayne went down? Some guys stepped up to play decently but no teams tremble at the though of Brazill, Whalen, and Rogers.

Hilton, Wayne, Nicks, and Moncrief. Another story.

I was thinking the same thing. Evidently that struck a nerve with Grigson and Pagano too.

Do you not remember the monumental drop off in WR production after Wayne went down?  Some guys stepped up to play decently but no teams tremble at the though of Brazill, Whalen, and Rogers.

Hilton, Wayne, Nicks, and Moncrief.  Another story.  These guys have either the speed or size to change the outcome of game on a consistent basis.

Brazill came on late in the season but Whalen is primarily a back-up and special teams guy whereas Rogers is still a project that needs to learn the finer points of route running at the NFL level.

Agreed. Also, if we get a WR now, he has a year to develop and learn under veterans. If we had drafted one next year, Reggie and Nicks both could be gone, and the rookie would be forced to start.

I was thinking the same thing. Evidently that struck a nerve with Grigson and Pagano too.

I think you're right.  You can never surround Luck with "too many" weapons.

And I like that we addressed the OL first.  The front 7 picks here at the end are just icing on the cake.  A very solid/reasonable draft thus far.

so far draft has been a bust as far as I can see--------can live with mewhort-----moncrief is good but how many wrs do we need?we went de in 5th, when we could have gotten SMITH or STINSON IN 3RD Oor addressed safety spot in 3rd.dunno.

Agree here. Generally the best time to judge a draft is the few minutes before it actaully ends. Why wait until these guys have actually played a preseason game, let alone a regular season contest, let alone have a season or two under their belts. Yep, the draft of 2014 is a complete waste.

Fire Grigson now.

Great pick! Gives them depth and a 4 down LB. Here's my quick summary on him:

Jackson is a good sized, athletic player who can chase down players well. He gets sealed off a lot when blocked, but he shows consistency and has potential in the NFL.

Jackson won't start right away, but could provide value as a special teamer and looks like a future 4 down linebacker.

Agree here. Generally the best time to judge a draft is the few minutes before it actaully ends. Why wait until these guys have actually played a preseason game, let alone a regular season contest, let alone have a season or two under their belts. Yep, the draft of 2014 is a complete waste.

Fire Grigson now.

Lol. Nice!

The only complaint I have is that Jackson is a much better pick than Newsome. Not sure why our board reflected differently. But I am just a mere fan and spectator.

Jackson is a big talker and there is a risk there but he can play. I am not sold on Newsome just yet. Grigson knows tons more than I do though.