Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler not Particpating in Workouts

Bluefire4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Toler, In the article it says they aren't allowing him to perform... Says alot he is even there... I like how he plays with him it's feast or famine, He may put himself in best situations but he goes all out for the ball sometimes it works sometime not at all

Reminds me of Asante Samuels back in his prime

Jump the ball. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

As info on Toler....

Toler eager 

Cornerback
 Greg Toler expects to be ready for training camp after undergoing surgery in February for a sports hernia. He was limited to nine regular-season games and one playoff appearance a year ago. “I’m fully healthy,’’ he said. “We’re just trying to get the scar tissue to break up from the surgery.’’

While Toler is eager to go through position drills full speed, he noted the trainers “want to slowroll me and get me ready
 for training camp.’’ 

As info on Toler....

Toler eager 

Cornerback Greg Toler expects to be ready for training camp after undergoing surgery in February for a sports hernia. He was limited to nine regular-season games and one playoff appearance a year ago. “I’m fully healthy,’’ he said. “We’re just trying to get the scar tissue to break up from the surgery.’’

While Toler is eager to go through position drills full speed, he noted the trainers “want to slowroll me and get me ready for training camp.’’ 

much nicer to get a real update on him rather than the knee jerk I don't like Toler so I am going to this chance to bash him that some have here.

so this isn't a big surprise to anyone that he isn't participating in OTAs

Since when have facts gotten in the way of a good "he sucks get rid of him" session?

It was "supposed" to be a 4 week rehab, and even with a setback, he was expected to be ready for OTAs. It's not surprising that the team and doctors are being extra cautious; that's their way. But it's certainly not inspiring confidence that he's still not working out with the team. These aren't full practices, just conditioning and weights. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5357/greg-toler

These aren't full practices, just conditioning and weights. 

I'm not that worried myself. It's only May. If Greg Toler is not on the field practicing with no limitations in August, then SW1 gets nervous, but not now. Way too early to push the panic button yet. Relax everybody. It will be fine.

The contract he received and the lack of production he has given us makes him a waste.

A

He still has a few years on his contract to make up for this past year.  Whether he does that or not remains to be seen but calling him a waste at this point is no better than people who are already calling Werner a bust.

I'm not that worried myself. It's only May. If Greg Toler is not on the field practicing with no limitations in August, then SW1 gets nervous, but not now. Way too early to push the panic button yet. Relax everybody. It will be fine.

I'm not worried about it, but it would have been great to hear him say that he's cleared to practice and everything looks great. Instead, it sounds exactly like it sounded for the last two months of the season.

Since when have facts gotten in the way of a good "he sucks get rid of him" session?

I was never a fan of the signing before he even started riding the bench with the Colts, sorry. 

We got rid of Powers who was injury prone and paid Toler who is also injury prone, more money. 

Gordy plays just as well if not better than Toler for A LOT less coin. 

I was never a fan of the signing before he even started riding the bench with the Colts, sorry. 

We got rid of Powers who was injury prone and paid Toler who is also injury prone, more money. 

Gordy plays just as well if not better than Toler for A LOT less coin. 

I usually agree with my buddy Lolly, but Gordy is not even close to Toler's skill set when healthy.  Yes health is a concern, but we were talking how bad Vaughn and Gordy were long ago.

Gordy is a backup and not gonna be a starter in the NFL barring serious injury.  As I said above, Gordy is often found out of position on special teams as well.  While he HAS improved, he is not a skillful corner.  My opinion I know...:)

I usually agree with my buddy Lolly, but Gordy is not even close to Toler's skill set when healthy.  Yes health is a concern, but we were talking how bad Vaughn and Gordy were long ago.

Gordy is a backup and not gonna be a starter in the NFL barring serious injury.  As I said above, Gordy is often found out of position on special teams as well.  While he HAS improved, he is not a skillful corner.  My opinion I know... :)

That's it, I'm breaking up lol.

I literally thought that Gordy was Toler but changed his number when he first came in for Toler. Gordy isn't going to light the world on fire I agree, but neither is Toler....especially from the bench. 

Hopefully we don't have to talk about either one and Sheldon Price or whoever we draft makes some big strides and competes in training camp. 

I literally thought that Gordy was Toler but changed his number when he first came in for Toler. Gordy isn't going to light the world on fire I agree, but neither is Toler....especially from the bench. 

Hopefully we don't have to talk about either one and Sheldon Price or whoever we draft makes some big strides and competes in training camp. 

Really hoping Price has grown as Grigson has mentioned....he was flat out lost in last year's preseason.

Gordy is a backup and not gonna be a starter in the NFL barring serious injury.  As I said above, Gordy is often found out of position on special teams as well.  While he HAS improved, he is not a skillful corner.  My opinion I know... :)

I pretty much thought the same thing of Gordy early in the season.  However, after the Bengals game when they benched Vaughn and Gordy got more playing time I thought he showed some improvement.  He was definitely an improvement over Vaughn but I know that's not saying much. lol  

I pretty much thought the same thing of Gordy early in the season.  However, after the Bengals game when they benched Vaughn and Gordy got more playing time I thought he showed some improvement.  He was definitely an improvement over Vaughn but I know that's not saying much. lol  

I did say he HAS improved.  :)  I totally agree with you Jason!!

Agree with you Brother ,not to be ganging up on our buddy Lolly lol ,but IMO when Toler is completely healthy he is a very skilled CB.Our D was strong back there with him healthy Davis Bethea and Howell.If anyone wants to disagree that's fine ,but before they do they need to look at game tapes and realize who we beat in that stretch.If they are open minded enough to do this ,I don't think we will have very many disagree.  :thmsup:

Agree with you Brother ,not to be ganging up on our buddy Lolly lol ,but IMO when Toler is completely healthy he is a very skilled CB.Our D was strong back there with him healthy Davis Bethea and Howell.If anyone wants to disagree that's fine ,but before they do they need to look at game tapes and realize who we beat in that stretch.If they are open minded enough to do this ,I don't think we will have very many disagree.  :thmsup:

If I recall, Toler's interception was one of the better reads I have seen, and caught it like a receiver. (not named DHB :))

If we don't get the safety we want at #59. I want Desir bad. He would be an instant upgrade to the secondary.

When Toler is healthy he is a solid #3 corner.

Come on Brent & Lollygager. Don't make me pull the car over like my dad did growing up when I used to fight with my sister in the backseat. LOL! You 2 were the very first friends on made on Colts Direct & the official website along with Jay Kirk & I hate to see my brothers from another mother disagree about anything. 

"That's it, I'm breaking up lol."  haha  Yeah, but who gets custody of the dogs then? Is it shared custody or full custody? Just Kidding! You guys rock! I'm just goofing around.  :P

I will begin to worry in August

My sentiments exactly. That's what I like about you PT. You don't mince words; you get right to the point.  :thmup: I know; I know a strange complement coming from SW1 a long winded, detailed oriented person who can never deliver anything short & sweet. Case in point: My film reviews on another topic. 

Anyway PT, I do appreciate your brevity. Obviously, a skill set I never acquired or obtained in life. Ha! Ha! SW1 can laugh at that because SW1 knows it's true. I am longwinded by nature. The latest I can go on Toler before I push the panic button is the 2nd week in August with no drills on the field in full pads. 

I'll dump on Toler because he can't stay healthy.  But I don't see how we can bash him when he was healthy.  In fact, up till his injury, wasn't the talk that we had one of the best secondaries in the league? 

Yup our secondary even had a name "The No Fly Zone" Toler when in and healthy he makes our D/secondary so much better and he is underrated by Colts fans. His only downside is not being able to stay on the field due to health. I hope come week one he is 100% because we will need all the DBs that we can roster to stop Manning and the Broncos.    

Gordy did however make a nice play and was in the perfect position to force the KC WR out of bounds in the wildcard win to end the game for KC and gave the ball back to Luck and our offence to set up in the victory formation.  

Gordy did however make a nice play and was in the perfect position to force the KC WR out of bounds in the wildcard win to end the game for KC and gave the ball back to Luck and our offence to set up in the victory formation.

Gordy had nothing to do with that play

Watch it again, & you'll see 2 key things

1. Alex Smith had terrible accuracy that play

2. Dwayne Bowe had terrible awareness of where he was

As a WR, you NEVER run to the sidelines unless it's a back shoulder. Running along the sidelines gives the DB less field to cover which plays to the defense's advantage. Had Bowe been more aware, that's a completed pass or a better throw by Smith it's a completed pass

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/57397/greg-toler-not-taking-part-in-workouts

If Sheldon Price isn't the answer, draft a cornerback. I really hope he's healthy and ready to go by training camp.

We may never see this guy play again.

If he plays 4 games that would be a miracle never understood why Grigson signed him along with Landry I no we one 11 games 2 years in a row, Luck had a lot to do with it not Grigson's free agent disaster's on D

I feel more confidant in Howell at S than Toler at CB. Toler is not that good even when he's healthy.

I hope we draft secondary with our first two picks.

Toler stunk it up last year

I'm one for hoping we draft a CB that can play opposite of Davis so we can just cut this guy. He's a waste..

Are we talking about the same Toler? The guy who Is better reffered to as HOLDer?? I remember more than a few games where he got at least 1-2 PI's calls of some sort. The main thing is that he was better than Vaughn, which isn't hard to do. If there is one guy in the secondary not named Vontae Davis who makes a difference, it's Darius Butler. Toler was an upgrade over Vaughn for sure, but I can't say much more than that. You guys are really overrating him.

Maybe i should change my mock and pick a corner in the third. I'm not confident in this guy at all.

why did we sign such a crappy player

Just wanted to keep track of these kind of responses.

I personally have no concern about this. Toler performed well last season. Injuries are a part of this game. All fans should know this.

So anyway, a football player is not running around on an official Colts football field in April: STOP THE PRESSES!!!!