Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

today is a very special day

CR91

Just stop with these pointless posts. Sure, I can ignore, but really? Perhaps we should have an under five section.

so giving the forum something to talk about in a long boring off-season makes me a 5 year old

Since this is a thread about Andrew Luck,  I'll say this.....

I expect him to be better this year.   Much better.      I'm not sure if we'll win more games,  but I suspect he'll put up better numbers and that will lead to a better offense.   

Andrew is the kind of kid who will not be satisfied with who or what he is.   He'll always want to get better.   As long as he's playing I expect him to try and get better....   to try and fix some weakness in his game or body.     As a fan, I'm not sure you can ask for much more than that!    :thmup:

Just stop with these pointless posts. Sure, I can ignore, but really? Perhaps we should have an under five section.

I think I understand what BHC meant. I believe what he was getting at was the danger of elevating Andrew Luck to greatness too quickly on an NFL level. Does Andrew possess all the ingredients for becoming an elite QB? Yes, absolutely he does. Just be leery of bestowing greatness on Mr. Luck before he has really won a ring in the NFL, which I happen to agree BTW. Am I overjoyed that INDY has this German genius as our franchise QB? You bet your caboose I am. 

Look, Andrew had a phenomenal college career & he is well on his way toward establishing a very impressive NFL resume. However, at the end of the day, Andrew's professional football career is still in it's infancy & I measure QBs by rings as selfish as that sounds I want sparkling diamond jewelry as a fan. Will Luck obtain that jewelry? I think so, but he doesn't have it a ring right now & much like LeBron James in the NBA before his 1st Miami Heat ring; I can't award Andrew Luck King status yet. That was BHC's main point IMO: Don't heap praise on Luck too early for what he hasn't done yet. 

If I am incorrect in how I interpreted what BHC meant, so be it. BHC has nothing to apologize for in my estimation. Okay, maybe the 5 year old comment was a tad bit harsh, but you've got to digest what BHC was really saying: Luck is not a made man or SB Champion QB yet at this juncture. That's what he was getting at. Andrew's gotta earn that clout & praise the hard way not simply proclaimed elite before he has actually achieved that benchmark literally. JMO. 

"... Give it up for our QB"--CR91 can be viewed 2 ways. #1: I am relieved Andrew Luck is our QB or #2: He meaning Andrew Luck has arrived. #1 is perfectly fine but #2 is dangerous because while AFC South titles are nice; They pale in comparison to a Lombardi trophy. 

I respect both CR91 & BHC both wickedly smart people that just got their wires of communication crossed & confused briefly. I knew what you 2 meant. It's all good.  ;)

I think I understand what BHC meant. I believe what he was getting at was the danger of elevating Andrew Luck to greatness too quickly on an NFL level. Does Andrew possess all the ingredients for becoming an elite QB? Yes, absolutely he does. Just be leery of bestowing greatness on Mr. Luck before he has really won a ring in the NFL, which I happen to agree BTW. Am I overjoyed that INDY has this German genius as our franchise QB? You bet your caboose I am. 

Look, Andrew had a phenomenal college career & he is well on his way toward establishing a very impressive NFL resume. However, at the end of the day, Andrew's professional football career is still in it's infancy & I measure QBs by rings as selfish as that sounds I want sparkling diamond jewelry as a fan. Will Luck obtain that jewelry? I think so, but he doesn't have it a ring right now & much like LeBron James in the NBA before his 1st Miami Heat ring; I can't award Andrew Luck King status yet. That was BHC's main point IMO: Don't heap praise on Luck too early for what he hasn't done yet. 

If I am incorrect in how I interpreted what BHC meant, so be it. BHC has nothing to apologize for in my estimation. Okay, maybe the 5 year old comment was a tad bit harsh, but you've got to digest what BHC was really saying: Luck is not a made man or SB Champion QB yet at this juncture. That's what he was getting at. Andrew's gotta earn that clout & praise the hard way not simply proclaimed elite before he has actually achieved that benchmark literally. JMO. 

"... Give it up for our QB"--CR91 can be viewed 2 ways. #1: I am relieved Andrew Luck is our QB or #2: He meaning Andrew Luck has arrived. #1 is perfectly fine but #2 is dangerous because while AFC South titles are nice; They pale in comparison to a Lombardi trophy. 

I respect both CR91 & BHC both wickedly smart people that just got their wires of communication crossed & confused briefly. I knew what you 2 meant. It's all good.  ;)

i think he just meant that it was a pointless post tbh. Nothing more, nothing less.

haha I think you're reading why too much into this sw1

haha I think you're reading why too much into this sw1

Perhaps, but when I like somebody I defend them vigorously. Where the situation gets sticky is when 2 friends of mine are having a heated riff or argument. You're probably right thought CR91. I probably projected my own beliefs onto to what BHC said initially. I just frown upon people, not necessarily you our BHC, that wanna throw Andrew Luck a ticker tape SB parade when he hasn't accomplished that yet. Now, that's not Andrew's fault & I love the feverish INDY enthusiasm without a doubt, but it just rubs me the wrong way when the NFL media loves to anoint elite QBs like gum in a pez dispenser meaning that they do it so frequently it loses it's legitimate stature & overall magnitude before they have even reached NFL immortality or won a ring. 

Andrew really hasn't done anything yet & his college career doesn't have any bearing on his future NFL success. Zero, zilch, nada. Get to the AFC Championship Game at least & then you move into the elite conversation. Again, I believe that Chewbacca [Andrew Luck] will reach the Lombardi plateau eventually. I just refuse to catapult him to that exclusive category right here & now that's all. Like I said before, you've gotta earn it first. 

When I said "Andrew hasn't done anything yet" I meant "keep your eyes on the prize" i.e. this:  :lombardi:  Yes, I appreciate the division titles & you do need to get into the playoffs to win a ring that's true, but to quote Gollum in Lord Of the Rings, we all want the same thing: "my precious." 

The_One_Ring___My_precious_by_rvbhal.jpg

i think he just meant that it was a pointless post tbh. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, but you have to dig deeper and ask yourself why BHC deemed CR91's post as "pointless" as in what would prompt him to say that, which is what provoked SW1 to write what I wrote passing along my own reason as to why I don't like premature greatness celebrations especially in sports. To quote Stephen A Smith from ESPN's First Take, "you gotta win the chip 1st before you can honestly be called great" & be inserted into elite company circles. He's exactly right too. 

1 Amendment: You can retire as a HOF Great without winning a ring naturally like Dan Marino & Jim Kelly, but while you are still actively playing in the league, a ring is my personal benchmark.