Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss mega-merge/closed since he retired ;)

John Waylon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard nothing else on it yet this morning, but that's not surprising. If it is in the works it won't be done until Peyton's deal is done. That's the first domino that has to fall into place before the rest can follow.

Actually I'd be surprised if we see a Moss signing before next week. I would suspect we would pay Randy vet min and nothing more, lets not go crazy here this guy was cut by the titans for gosh sakes. I think Randy wants to play with Peyton and is willing to take much less to 'show' the haters that he isnt finished... Now can he still actually play is the real question. I have my doubts but at vet minimum if it doesnt work out they cut him and nothing really lost.

Wow...really?!That's just what we need!A selfish lazy turd.Sign me up!Where do we sign?!WHERE?!WHERE?!lol

HARDY HAR HAR...lol

The sooner you're banned the better, TBH. You've already lost all of your credibility with your ramblings, and now you're just becoming a nuisance.

Hidden

The sooner you're banned the better, TBH. You've already lost all of your credibility with your ramblings, and now you're just becoming a nuisance.

The politically correct american way...*ban* all who don't agree with your posts.You should be proud of yourself.Its people like you that make me sick.

Anywho....I'm guessing Moss would only sign with a contender. He doesn't have a SB win, does he? I'd imagine he wants one and knows time is almost up. I can't imagine he'd be too expensive anymore. It'd be cool to see if it would work out with us. Hopefully he'd keep his act together like he did with the Pats for the most part.

I'm not sure if Moss is the right move, but I'm open to it. It's hard for me to believe that the Colts will bring in another receiver...probably for a 1 year deal...when we have what? 2 or 3 WRs already having their contracts expire next year? I say let the contract people play all they want. They will have more to play for because they are playing for their money and their worth this year.

Maybe Moss isn't right, but I think we do need another receiver. We're one Collie concussion away to putting Blair White on the field. I just don't think White is all that good. Sure, he's tall(by our teams standards) and can catch, but that doesn't make an elite receiver. Garcon is just too inconsistent with his hands, and Wayne is another year older. Though I guess I forget Clark is basically a receiver, so...I don't know. depth wouldn't hurt, I suppose.

I just don't think White is all that good. Sure, he's tall(by our teams standards) and can catch, but that doesn't make an elite receiver.

SHH! Don't say that... It may prompt EJN to pop into this thread and tell us he's going to rack up double digit receiving TD's, over 1,000 yards and be the first WR to ever win MVP.

He'll also tell you that you need to be shot for saying what you did...

I am sorry, but is everyone crazy in here. Why would we want Randy Moss. His high flying act is over. It has been for a season or too. Dont get me wrong, back in the day he was a beast. Not now. He wouldnt bring anything to the table for the colts except some talk on the networks debating this move. Spend the money where we need it. On some defensive lineman. We are stacked at WR. Wayne,Gonzo,Pierre,White, and we have Collie at the slot and Clark as a slot/TE. When would Moss even step on the field. We wouldnt even resign Marvalous Marvin when he still had alittle left.

I am sorry, but is everyone crazy in here. Why would we want Randy Moss. His high flying act is over. It has been for a season or too. Dont get me wrong, back in the day he was a beast. Not now. He wouldnt bring anything to the table for the colts except some talk on the networks debating this move. Spend the money where we need it. On some defensive lineman. We are stacked at WR. Wayne,Gonzo,Pierre,White, and we have Collie at the slot and Clark as a slot/TE. When would Moss even step on the field. We wouldnt even resign Marvalous Marvin when he still had alittle left.

Alright i will go out on a limb here..

Put Wayne, Clark, Collie, add Moss = opening up the field. If Moss has the speed and reach he use to have, that could open up the field for some big time yards for the original 3. Who would Revis cover? Wayne or Moss.. good problem to have. Give Manning time to throw.. and were gonna have some big passing games. Heck, it may even open up the running game. BTW.. don't tell coffedrinker Manning doesn't have much time to throw. Really strikes a nerve.Even though we all know its true. lol

SHH! Don't say that... It may prompt EJN to pop into this thread and tell us he's going to rack up double digit receiving TD's, over 1,000 yards and be the first WR to ever win MVP.

He'll also tell you that you need to be shot for saying what you did...

Don't doubt him Joan! Don't do it!

Put Wayne, Clark, Collie, add Moss = opening up the field. If Moss has the speed and reach he use to have, that could open up the field for some big time yards for the original 3. Who would Revis cover? Wayne or Moss.. good problem to have. Give Manning time to throw.. and were gonna have some big passing games. Heck, it may even open up the running game. BTW.. don't tell coffedrinker Manning doesn't have much time to throw. Really strikes a nerve.Even though we all know its true. lol

That is a good problem to have, until they sign Nnamdi... lol

well lets hope if this deal gets does happen that we really get the old Randy. I mean if his agent is saying he is the old Randy, then it must be true. But I agree with the point Manning needs time to throw it deep. He had been knocked around alot lately. Having to settle for underneath routes to much. By the way I am positive Pierre is way faster the Moss is these days. He probably is the only real deep threat we would have. I just wish he could catch a ball sometimes lol.

I would love for this to happen - I think Reggie can squeeze out 3 more years of All Pro productivity as a #2 posession receiver where his craftiness, veteran savvy and precise route running can allow him to dominate #2 receivers.

I'm not sure Reggie is able to get deep consistently anymore against even single coverage but he would feast on #2 CBs with a deep threat like Moss who Ds HAD to respect.

I just want to get Moss so we can steal some thunder from the Patriots. I swear, the Patriots tease us all the time with all their multitude of draft maneuvering and free-agent signings. I'm sick of hearing of them. I can't wait to see the day when the Patriots become the worst team in the NFL again. You guys remember back in the Tecmo Football days? Bo Jackson running over the Patriots was tasty.

I understand the sentiment. I don't dislike the Patriots, but they're our biggest rival, so I don't like to see them get better. However, they haven't won anything in seven years.

By the way I am positive Pierre is way faster the Moss is these days.

I dunno about that. Pierre is fast, but he's not even close to being a burner. He wasn't even close to being the fastest WR in his class.

Pierre ran a forty @ 4.48 Moss did his at 4.25. Given age, I bet it would be a lot closer than you think.

Moss may not even beat out Blair White.

And if that happens then we cut him with no loss of draft picks or lasting consequences - if he plays even 80% of what he was in 2007 then we have a game-breaker that could open up the entire offense

And if that happens then we cut him with no loss of draft picks or lasting consequences - if he plays even 80% of what he was in 2007 then we have a game-breaker that could open up the entire offense

I totally agree. Just saying lets not get too excited.

Would love to see what Manning could do with a tall WR though if Moss has himself together.

I totally agree. Just saying lets not get too excited.

Would love to see what Manning could do with a tall WR though if Moss has himself together.

I agree with that. If nothing else the goal line offense would just be to throw a high pass to Moss and let him go get it. Easy money.

Irsays twitter:

Which team will sign 2 future "certain" hall of famers during this F.A. period?

Randy Moss and Peyton Manning.... COLTS. thats my guess. just speculation of course, its seems to be a sign tho

Now that is something to go on finally!

Irsays twitter:

Randy Moss and Peyton Manning.... COLTS. thats my guess. just speculation of course, its seems to be a sign tho

Or he could mean Peyton and Vinatieri

Irsays twitter:

haha he is Talking about Peyton and AV :)