Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss mega-merge/closed since he retired ;)

John Waylon

He's gotten 12 of 14 signings right, and to defend the bob guy EVERYONE got the Nnamdi thing wrong (NFLN, EPSN, Adam Schefter, John Clayton, etc.)

Also, in fairness, he said a longggg time ago Braylon was as good as gone despite media reports he'd return. As of today, he is gone. Adam Schefter directly tweeted about this guy... I'll give him some cred.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Randy heads to the Colts it will be their best move in years, and not bc they need Moss for production in the passing game. Randy is fast, tall, and catches better with one hand than most do with two. He commands a safety, simply put. So what would be the REAL reason his addition would be a great idea in Indy? Collie's production would triple.

Good luck explaining to him that he's to be utilized as a field stretching distraction, though.

Of all positions I expected us to go after, WR was the last. Maybe he can help Garcon develop. Garcon reminds me of a young Moss, just with not as good hands...and minus the mooning at Lambeau, lol.

I agree we dont need an reciever. But Garcson is nothing like a young Randy Moss. Moss is huge, 6'-5" i believe. He ran a 4.2 at the combine. Garcon ran a 4.45. There is no comparison of the two. But now I am not sure if Randy had alot left. And a agree with alot of peeps on here that if he isnt getting the playing time or the catches he wants that he is going to be the Baby Moss that everyone hates. He will cry in the press conferences, he will throw fits on the sidelline, and he will be a huge headache for Peyton.

If, and i say If, he knows he will not get as much playing time as in the past, and he might be more of a decoy, then its all good if he is cheap.

I have seen this posted a few times on here, any colts fan who follows this team closely knows we don't go after guys like that, never have, never will. I would love to see it, just like there are hundreds of free agents I'd like to see in a colts uniy, but we don't have the cap space, and we take care of our own, maybe we sign a d-tackle like ty warren or tommie harris, but even that is probably a little far fetched. I know it's sad, but its the way we do business, and I'll take 12 win seasons when it matters over rumors and free agent signings any day of the week.

I think he could do well with us. Better with us than he did last season at least. That being said, Peyton signed the deal he signed so we could sign FAs to make our team better. Analysts were saying we could be after him, so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

I agree. Moss won't be a Colt and I, for one, am glad. I find it funny so many people think we "need" to sign him. He's about the last thing this team "needs" to get. Veteran O-line, veteran D-line, SS, thats what this team "needs".

What about Plaxico? If he signs a low-cost contract like Vick did with the Eagles, and he still has something left in the tank, I'd love a tall rangey WR to compliment our route-runners. Vick signed a 1Y/1.6M out of prison, we could get Plax for under 1M. Just a thought.

I think he could do well with us. Better with us than he did last season at least. That being said, Peyton signed the deal he signed so we could sign FAs to make our team better. Analysts were saying we could be after him, so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

Genuinely asking, are there any safeties worth pursuing at this point?

to add to my point, the colts were the only team in the nfl last year where all 22 starters, (offense and defense) have never even played a down with another team, the only team they have ever played for is us

What are we calling 'starters'? The guys who started most games? The guys who won their jobs out of camp? Francisco started more games than Bullitt, and Muir played a few downs for the Packers.

What are we calling 'starters'? The guys who started most games? The guys who won their jobs out of camp? Francisco started more games than Bullitt, and Muir played a few downs for the Packers.

we are counting opening day starters, the opening day 11 on offense and opening day 11 on defense

NOT!!!! Give it a rest already. WE DON'T NEED MOSS!!!!!

I agree...

Where do all of you guys get it that we NEED a WR?

Lets break this down. Lets say we have Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Etc. Do you think we can win any games at all when the run defense is so poor they just run on us for 5-10 yards per attempt? Even with a dream team of WR we still lose because the dream team will never be on the field long enough to win it.

I could see if you offensive guys wanted a RB that could actually average 4+ yard per attempt or if you wanted a better O-Line but we are a Superbowl caliber team with our WR, QB, TE offensive situation.

A CB that could at least make a QB hesitate to throw his way would do wonders for Mathis and Freeney they would probably have double the numbers they have now. Same situation with some run stopping DT's, Force more throws and Freeney/Mathis stand to take advantage.