Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprised Nobody Posted This Yesterday

OldManP

Baltimore drove out the Colts with there iminent domain legislation & the voters of baltimore are to blame they were cheap & would'nt upgrade the facilities until after they stole they Cleveland Browns team  from Cleveland , Ozzie Newsome & the Browns won a Superbowl stolen from Cleveland & its fans .

Baltimore tried to screw the Colts & did Cleveland while claiming poor me my Colts left . Baltimore likes to be thought of as a victim while they victimized the Browns & acted far worse than Robert Irsay in all there underhanded dealings .

House of Cards has been threatened with iminent domain as well some people never learn .

Get over the Colts enjoy your ravens & Ray Rice & his sparring partner I mean wife .

The idea that Bob Irsay was the bad guy is completely ridiculous, and honestly I can't see how an even remotely educated person could argue against me. How is it not in his right to take the team in move when the government was literally trying to steal his (adjusted for today) billion dollar property? If anything people should have revolted against their government for giving themselves the power to steal what is essentially a business or corporation for no other reason than they wanted it. Who would honestly be okay with California taking over Apple so they can have their profits? 

Baltimore drove out the Colts with there iminent domain legislation & the voters of baltimore are to blame they were cheap & would'nt upgrade the facilities until after they stole they Cleveland Browns team  from Cleveland , Ozzie Newsome & the Browns won a Superbowl stolen from Cleveland & its fans .

Baltimore tried to screw the Colts & did Cleveland while claiming poor me my Colts left . Baltimore likes to be thought of as a victim while they victimized the Browns & acted far worse than Robert Irsay in all there underhanded dealings .

House of Cards has been threatened with iminent domain as well some people never learn .

Get over the Colts enjoy your ravens & Ray Rice & his sparring partner I mean wife .

This. . . it always got me that Baltimore made their team play in a stadium that was universally viewed as being the worst in the NFL, didn't want to upgrade or build a new stadium.  Then their state senate votes on a measure to seize the team from the owner and they cry about it like the owner was some evil guy for trying to get his team out of the state before the state authorities came down to tell him that it no longer belonged to him.  

They act like the team was stolen from them.  Their state tried to steal it from the owner first, and that's why he got out of there in the middle of the night.

Oh but Irsay was the bad guy for trying to protect what was his.  

It IS a sad story....mostly because of an incompetent owner and crooked politicians. Any time govt gets involved it usually doesn't end well. That said I think it is easy to place the blame on poor Robert even though there is plenty to go around. How many sports teams have done this...there are too many to even count....Raiders, Rams, Cardinals, Titans, Colts.....Lakers, Nets, Jazz, Thunder....Dodgers, Yankees (Highlanders) were once the Baltimore Orioles, Braves, Athletics the lists go on and on....lets not demonize one organization...it sucks...it does..but its happened for YEARS and will continue as long as there is more money elsewhere. Here is a complete list of relocations....so I don't think we need to hear a sob story about it. There isn't a city that hasn't gone through this...so cry me a river. Most will be interested in where their teams came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relocation_of_professional_sports_teams

So....   if you're scoring at home....   (and good for you if you are! :thmup: ) ....

Indianapolis is happy!

Baltimore is happy!

And Cleveland is..............  is..............    well.......       Cleveland is...........         Cleveland!!     :thmup:

Pro teams moving to a different city was nothing new when the Colts left Baltimore. Of the 4 major pro sports teams in America there have been 66 teams relocate. NFL-14 / MLB-12 / NBA-25 and the NHL-15.

Baltimore residents just cry more than the rest

I think you guys missed the point of the article. I took it as Hensley saying things happen for a reason, and the move itself was a good thing in the long run for Indianapolis and Baltimore. Had Irsay left the logos and records as Modell did with Cleveland when he left, there would be absolutely no issues today. I think everyone is over the move, its the heritage that is still at issue. Other than that, you are happy with Jimmy, and we have Stevie B. 

I think you guys missed the point of the article. I took it as Hensley saying things happen for a reason, and the move itself was a good thing in the long run for Indianapolis and Baltimore. Had Irsay left the logos and records as Modell did with Cleveland when he left, there would be absolutely no issues today. I think everyone is over the move, its the heritage that is still at issue. Other than that, you are happy with Jimmy, and we have Stevie B. 

Ill admit, I did not read the article after reading the title.

Ill admit, I did not read the article after reading the title.

You have to understand, most of the old animosity has died down in Baltimore about the Colts moving. It probably reached its height in 2006, and really died down after the Super Bowl win in 2012. If you read the article, that is kind of the prevailing feeling in Baltimore today. The Indy Colts are perceived as just another good AFC franchise. The only time eyebrows are raised about the old stuff in Baltimore is when you see the old bucking horse logos from the Baltimore Colt era trotted out on current Colt uniforms or warm ups, or have the ESPN special about the Baltimore Colts and New York Giants 1958 Championship game, commented on by Indianapolis Colts. Those kinds of things get the eyeballs rolling in Baltimore, and those old feelings and slights come to the surface a bit. Trust me, had the Colts moved to LA, and they had the logos out there, and told you they won the 2006 Super Bowl, I doubt you would be happy about it.