Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis and the Patriots agree to deal [Merge]

This is a bit of a rant against cocky patriots fans who sent me multiple texts and tweets to me. 

Your team spent all of your cap money on one player. Sure, Revis is an elite player but he only covers one receiver. Your team could of used that $12 million to improve half of your roster. Patriots run defense is still bad and have a lot of issues offensively. 

:highfive2:

Great move by the Patriots, this time next year they can slap the franchise tag on him for around 9.8 mil I believe.

That would be the best way to handle it for awhile lol... I don't think he really earned his money last year and the year before he's also been injured in the past.  I would do that because it just seems that he is that type of player, once he gets paid he doesn't try as hard

This is a bit of a rant against cocky patriots fans who sent me multiple texts and tweets to me.

Your team spent all of your cap money on one player. Sure, Revis is an elite player but he only covers one receiver. Your team could of used that $12 million to improve half of your roster. Patriots run defense is still bad and have a lot of issues offensively.

:highfive2:

Prolly just said goodbye to Edelman

Great move by the Patriots, this time next year they can slap the franchise tag on him for around 9.8 mil I believe.

!st of all his agent would never be that stupid. There would be an agreement that he couldn't be franchised in 2015. Secondly , he would get $14,400,000 next year if he were franchised.

Outstanding move for Patriots!!! Allows them to play same kind of coverage in back 5 and bring along their LBs in pass rush. They do need Edelman.

If not Edelman, don't count out the Pats going after Steve Smith, a man scorned :). That dude is the tallest 5'9" WR I have ever seen, with the way he fights for the ball, Steve Smith I meant.