Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ricky Jean Francois Speaks Up About WR Hakim Nicks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not garbage at all.

On pure ability he is a number one receiver. He has injury/durability concerns, yes... But calling him 'garbage' is nonsense.

I'm not watching that highlight tape. Highlights are called that for a reason. Even Mark Sanchez has a highlight tape on YouTube

Nicks is trash just accept it. If the Giants let him go, he's bad. They need all the help they can get after the season they just had

Nicks is always injured. You guys sit on here and bash Greg Toler for being injured so why do y'all want a glass WR? That's hypocritical in so many ways

Nicks is a good receiver that had two bad years due to injuries, (knee and foot). He and his doctors claim that those injuries are behind him. Prior to those two years and injuries, two 1000-yard seasons and a #1 receiver ability.

There's always risk and reward with every FA signing. At what price and terms is he worth the risk?

I'm not watching that highlight tape. Highlights are called that for a reason. Even Mark Sanchez has a highlight tape on YouTube

Nicks is trash just accept it. If the Giants let him go, he's bad. They need all the help they can get after the season they just had

Nicks is always injured. You guys sit on here and bash Greg Toler for being injured so why do y'all want a glass WR? That's hypocritical in so many ways

Is there a DHB lowlight tape?   :)

:facepalm:

We better not bring that garbage WR to Indianapolis

Garbage? the dude is a valid #1, unlike Decker (and yea i know you dont want him either.) im Saying "garbage" cause teh dude is real i guess there is concern over his health, but if he is healthy he would be a good pickup. and he is open to 1 year deal...why not look at him i mean he is exactly the type of deal that can be cheap and have a huge reward for us. if he doesnt work out he is gone.

they have 2 good WR and dont have huge cap. he is let go because of that and injuries...but he aint garbage. if he is healthy he is solid #1

and yea we complain about Toler, but he was given a 3 year deal, Nicks would be for a 1 year deal and if he sucks he is gone. no cap issues.

Hey RJF, you need to stick to boosting your run D and pass rush, just sayin' :)

Just figured I'd point this out.  RJF did have 2.5 sacks in 10 games played.  That's on par with what Arthur Jones had (4 sacks in 14 games), and more than any other Ravens defensive lineman; Ngata (1.5), Chris Canty (2), DeAngelo Tyson (2), Brandon Williams (1).

just sayin ;)

1. Hakeem Nicks

2013 Grade: +0.1 2013 Snaps: 845

Hakeem Nicks headlines the 2014 Free Agent wide receivers. In 2013 Nicks had his worse season as a pro, however that does not take away from what he has shown since entering the league in ’09. What separates Nicks from all the other free agents is that he has shown the ability to be one of the upper-tier WRs. In the 2011 playoffs Nicks had 28 receptions for 445 yards (205 YAC) and graded out at +7.6, which is the second highest grade we have given out for a WR in the playoffs.

Nicks has shown great ability, but the past two seasons has been hampered with multiple injuries. The biggest question mark is if the two years when he has been hurt will slow him down, or if he is able to recover and become the threat he showed in his first three seasons. Nicks is a player who has never shown the ability to take the top of a defense, instead he’s a dangerous intermediate threat who can make things happen after the catch.

If Nicks can come into the 2014 season with full health he can be a major addition to any team. He is the one WR in this class who has the ability to play at an elite level and could provide a boost to any passing attack. Any team who gives him big money will have to hope he is back to his best and that he can stay on the field.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/19/ranking-the-2014-free-agents-wide-receivers/

Just figured I'd point this out.  RJF did have 2.5 sacks in 10 games played.  That's on par with what Arthur Jones had (4 sacks in 14 games), and more than any other Ravens defensive lineman; Ngata (1.5), Chris Canty (2), DeAngelo Tyson (2), Brandon Williams (1).

just sayin ;)

man what a memory..i can only remember 1 sack lol

You're wrong...just accept it.  Nicks is not garbage and is not even close to it.  Injury prone?  Yes but many players have had back to back injury riddled seasons only to go on to have several healthy seasons.  The Giants let Nicks go because they had a cheaper replacement in Reuben Randle.  

Not sure what's gotten into your apple juice but you've been awfully * lately.

1. Hakeem Nicks

Hakeem Nicks headlines the 2014 Free Agent wide receivers. In 2013 Nicks had his worse season as a pro, however that does not take away from what he has shown since entering the league in ’09. What separates Nicks from all the other free agents is that he has shown the ability to be one of the upper-tier WRs. In the 2011 playoffs Nicks had 28 receptions for 445 yards (205 YAC) and graded out at +7.6, which is the second highest grade we have given out for a WR in the playoffs.

Nicks has shown great ability, but the past two seasons has been hampered with multiple injuries. The biggest question mark is if the two years when he has been hurt will slow him down, or if he is able to recover and become the threat he showed in his first three seasons. Nicks is a player who has never shown the ability to take the top of a defense, instead he’s a dangerous intermediate threat who can make things happen after the catch.

If Nicks can come into the 2014 season with full health he can be a major addition to any team. He is the one WR in this class who has the ability to play at an elite level and could provide a boost to any passing attack. Any team who gives him big money will have to hope he is back to his best and that he can stay on the field.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/19/ranking-the-2014-free-agents-wide-receivers/

Thanks for this info. This is exactly what I was eluding to in my previous post. FA signing will have a risk/reward valuation. I think that the potential reward with Nicks on a 1-year contract far outweighs the risk of having another situation as with Avery or DHB. If that would be the case, we still would have Rogers, Brazill, and Whalen to fall back on.

First, not sure why some are down on RJF.  If it's because he was injured fine.  But when he played and considering he fought through injuries the entire season, I think he did fine.  Not JJ Watt fine, but fine nonetheless.

Second, not sure why some are down on Nicks.  Same thing with the injuries.  Blame him for being injury prone?  Fine.  But his talent can't be questioned.  On a one year prove it to me contract, I have no issues what so ever.

:facepalm:

We better not bring that garbage WR to Indianapolis

Aren't you the same guy who called Andre Johnson a bad WR (something along those lines) last year? 

Needs to boost his grammar skills too. Catching passing..... really?

It's catching passes!

Seriously? You don't think he knows that? Have you ever made a typing mistake before?

1. Hakeem Nicks

Should be rewritten to 'and become the threat he showed in his first two seasons'. His 3rd season was nothing special, his 4th was worse. He had untimely drops and could not separate last year. At the beginning of season, he told everyone he has healed from his injuries.

So, what do we believe? That he was healed from injuries at the beginning of last year and yet produced a stinker of a season without much separation and untimely drops, or that he was still injured that helps his cause from a 20/20 hindsight perspective after such a lousy season?

I'm a bit tired of taking these 1 yr. fliers on Donnie Avery, DHB etc. and coming up short. Maybe, the third time is the charm. But IMO, it is time to invest in someone that is able and available like James Jones for 2 or 3 years. Thus, if contracts of T.Y., Fleener, Allen, Brazil all come due at the same time and if we lose a couple of them, we will have some experienced pass catchers on our roster, thus not relying on a russian roulette of wideouts signed every year on a 1 yr. basis.

just sayin ;)

The skill set is there for 5-6 sacks in my opinion

Nicks is trash just accept it. If the Giants let him go, he's bad. They need all the help they can get after the season they just has

>complains about someone's typing

>ends 3 sentences without periods.

Should be rewritten to 'and become the threat he showed in his first two seasons'. His 3rd season was nothing special, his 4th was worse. He had untimely drops and could not separate last year. At the beginning of season, he told everyone he has healed from his injuries.

So, what do we believe? That he was healed from injuries at the beginning of last year and yet produced a stinker of a season without much separation and untimely drops, or that he was still injured that helps his cause from a 20/20 hindsight perspective after such a lousy season?

I'm a bit tired of taking these 1 yr. fliers on Donnie Avery, DHB etc. and coming up short. Maybe, the third time is the charm. But IMO, it is time to invest in someone that is able and available like James Jones for 2 or 3 years. Thus, if contracts of T.Y., Fleener, Allen, Brazil all come due at the same time and if we lose a couple of them, we will have some experienced pass catchers on our roster, thus not relying on a russian roulette of wideouts signed every year on a 1 yr. basis.

Nicks had almost 1,200 yards his 3rd year. 

Just figured I'd point this out. RJF did have 2.5 sacks in 10 games played. That's on par with what Arthur Jones had (4 sacks in 14 games), and more than any other Ravens defensive lineman; Ngata (1.5), Chris Canty (2), DeAngelo Tyson (2), Brandon Williams (1).

just sayin ;)

I actually like RJF he was doin fine till he got hurt that slowed him down a bit. Hope to see him healthy all year!

Nicks had almost 1,200 yards his 3rd year. 

Hakeem Nicks had 692 yards in 2012, his 4th season: http://www.nfl.com/player/hakeemnicks/80672/profile

Sorry, I forgot he was on a 5 yr. deal as a 1st round pick. The last 2 years was what I was referring to, without realizing he had 3 years and not 2 years prior to it. I was referring to his 4th season :), my bad

Just goes to show you why T.Y.Hilton should try to get his deal after year 3 instead of waiting for his contract year. It might be good on the Colts part too, IMO, so that you are not signing both T.Y. and Luck at the same time. Anything can happen with injuries and poof goes your contract value, Hakeem Nicks is proof. Don't tell him I said that!!! :) (j/k)

>complains about someone's typing

>ends 3 sentences without periods.

I used to have some issues with silly mistakes until my eyes got worse.  Also with phones...trying to post......I would be the worst grammarian/speller on here.  I cannot see that small stuff anymore.  I do like the use of ...to continue sentences.  :)

I agree that the potential signing of Nicks is risky. But here are a few points that I would make in an argument:

1. Donnie Avery played well (somewhat) for the Colts, just was inconsistent and had a case of the drops. 60 recs, 781 yards, 3 TDS.

2. DHB- 29 Recs, 309 yards, 1 TD= disappointment

I think it's unlikely that Nicks can disappoint more than DHB, and Nicks in his worst year after injuries (last year) outperformed Avery.

3. James Jones- Last year,  59 Rec.  817 yards, 3 TDs.  He was solid for the Packers and stepped up when needed.

4. Nicks- (Last year) 56 Recs,  896 Yards,  0 TDs.

I would argue that Nicks on his worst year after the injuries still played arguably AS WELL as Jones in what could be considered his best year.

I would argue that Nicks on his worst year after the injuries still played arguably AS WELL as Jones in what could be considered his best year.

Yardage wise, 2013 was slightly better than 2012 for James Jones (817 vs 784). But TD wise, he had 14 in 2012 and just 3 in 2013. I would say 2012 was overall a better year for James Jones.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesjones/2507183/profile

If we want a #1 WR, lets draft him and develop him like we did with Reggie and Marvin. Lets not pin our hopes on a WR with injury history like Hakeem Nicks. Besides, if he does well for 1 yr, he is going to the highest bidder anyway in a year we have to extend Luck or T.Y. So, using the #1 WR argument for Nicks does not work for me at all.

What would have worked for us is if DHB came out to be a steal and we got to extend him a few years before we have to extend Luck or T.Y. I don't think the timing for Nicks is right with a team that did not get great production with the chances it took with its 1 year deals with Avery and DHB, just my two cents :). Like you said, Avery was OK, DHB was disappointing.

We just need to get back to the draft for skill positions, especially a draft loaded with WRs like in 2014. Colts have had luck with that in the past.

Believe it or not I never even considered Nicks as an Indianapolis Colt, but how does this sound?

Reggie, TY and Hakeem Nicks......Allen and Fleener.....T-Rich, Ballard, ??? out of the backfield.  It sounds freaking ominous if I am a defense and we improve the OL....just saying after thinking about it. :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

61H0UUMngvL._SY300_.jpg

they have 2 good WR and dont have huge cap. he is let go because of that and injuries...but he aint garbage. if he is healthy he is solid #1

and yea we complain about Toler, but he was given a 3 year deal, Nicks would be for a 1 year deal and if he sucks he is gone. no cap issues.

So sign him to a 1 year deal so he can miss 8 games right? Yeah that makes sense. Let's put money into a player that won't play more than 50% of the season.

I don't understand how you guys complain about injuries yet keep wanting to sign injury prone players.