Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints cleaning house

snkdy

If we were not able to get Bradshaw under contract I would say we should look at Sproles but, Our line has not been so good at setting up the HB screen pass. We have decent luck with the WR screen pass so maybe it would still work.  :dunno:

I really didn't expect Sproles to be cut. I guess they're clearing room for Graham.

Pierre Thomas is screwed.

If PT Cruiser can stay healthy... he will do well elsewhere. I could see him doing well in Tennessee or Cleveland.

They're cutting Sproles too? Wow, keeping superstars really does take a toll on a team. Luckily for the Saints they don't necessarily need really good backs and receivers since they have Brees.

Moore is being replace by Kenny Stills, who had a pretty good rookie season, and Brees was getting a lot more comfortable with week by week. Still can be a great receiver, especially with Brees, and he's on a rookie contract. Plus, they still have Colston, and Meachem, so this wasn't a surprise. I can also see Sproles being released, as they have found a gem of a RB named Khiry Robinson. He's not a receiving threat as is Sproles, but at 6' 220 that hits the hole hard, teamed with Ingram and Thomas, makes for a still solid backfield.

There are going to be a lot of surprise cuts this year...

Moore is being replace by Kenny Stills, who had a pretty good rookie season, and Brees was getting a lot more comfortable with week by week. Still can be a great receiver, especially with Brees, and he's on a rookie contract. Plus, they still have Colston, and Meachem, so this wasn't a surprise. I can also see Sproles being released, as they have found a gem of a RB named Khiry Robinson. He's not a receiving threat as is Sproles, but at 6' 220 that hits the hole hard, teamed with Ingram and Thomas, makes for a still solid backfield.

There are going to be a lot of surprise cuts this year...

Meachem is a FA. They would be fine with Colston and Stills, but I think they will still draft another wide out.

Why is a Graham worth doing this when they can franchise him go all-in for next year ..and then make changes if that fails ?

With Drew at 35 years old, they don't have time to rebuild....and there's no argument they're less without these 2 players for next year

Lance Moore isn't that good. Sproles is a declining receiving back and it was obvious Payton was gearing towards a more physical running scheme. Say hello to the Khiry Robinson/Ingram era down in New Orleans.

Declining or not, Sproles is still the best receiving back in the game.

Lance Moore isn't that good. Sproles is a declining receiving back and it was obvious Payton was gearing towards a more physical running scheme. Say hello to the Khiry Robinson/Ingram era down in New Orleans.

That';s a gamble,.,.Sproles wasnt done at all..last year....Drew needs him in his 'golden years'

....but everybody's got to make cash money decisions..

I saw jimmy graham tweeting WoW and he is surprised etc... If jimmy didn't want so much money sproles would still be there and he acts all surprised what a jerk

Graham was making pennies on the dollar... Now he wants to get paid... Do you blame him... Pay me or release me. Don't tag me, Come on bro. You should know that it's a business. Again pay me or let me go find the contract I deserve.

Yeah I totally agree but to tweet he was surprised and didn't like what happen was DUMB! He knew they had to clean house to retain him. I'm glad he is getting paid he is an athelethic freAk. But he knows very well that it was bound to happen.

Graham was making pennies on the dollar... Now he wants to get paid... Do you blame him... Pay me or release me. Don't tag me, Come on bro. You should know that it's a business. Again pay me or let me go find the contract I deserve.

I don't blame him but at the same time when you are asking for top dollar you can't act surprised when other players get cut from the team to make room for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, that's just great.

No more Lance Moore, but Colston isn't getting any younger.

Sproles is not a factor. He's not the main ball carrier, that title goes to Pierre Thomas.

Losing Lance Moore is going to really hurt, cause Kenny Stills is still young, plus Brees already keys on Graham way, way too much.

In a way,you can't blame Graham for wanting more money cause he does get treated like a WR with how Brees keys on him way too much but at the same time, he needs be thankful to be on this team.

Joe Morgan is coming back and that's not exactly great. I don't see where he did much last year.

I am glad I held out on buying a Moore jersey, I'm not too pleased he's gone.