Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we cannot let adam vinatieri go...

bap1331

This guy is a legend. He is Mr. Clutch. He was the reason we won many games and won the super bowl in 2006. His 4-5 field goals against the ravens that season was the reason we won. If the game is ever on the line, nobody will EVER be as clutch as him. He has 4 super bowl rings and 5 super bowl appearances. What more can we say? We can get someone who can kick longer field goals but will he be able to take the pressure if the game is on the line? Most likely NOT. We have the 2 best special teams players of all time and it's an honor to have them.

This guy is a legend. He is Mr. Clutch. He was the reason we won many games and won the super bowl in 2006. His 4-5 field goals against the ravens that season was the reason we won. If the game is ever on the line, nobody will EVER be as clutch as him. He has 4 super bowl rings and 5 super bowl appearances. What more can we say? We can get someone who can kick longer field goals but will he be able to take the pressure if the game is on the line? Most likely NOT. We have the 2 best special teams players of all time and it's an honor to have them.

Are you saying McAfee is one of the best special teams players off all time?

He is too expensive. It is time to cut the ties and sign a much less costly kicker who has more range.

Problem is with the whole debate about PAT being moved to the 42-yd line, having a good kicker is more important than ever. Vinatieri is quite reliable at that range, especially if we're playing indoors, so having his reliable leg will be crucial.

Honestly I'd like to see what boomstick can do. Maybe get a guy to back him up or do kick offs.

This. i dont know if it will happen but I would like to see it.

Patty Mac should be our kicker and we should get a UDFA punter and have him shadow McAfee all day long.

I can see it now... *daydream* theres the snap, the hold is good, WHATS THIS!? Place holder short pass left to McAfee for a 15 yard TOUCHDOWN!!!

i know... whatever!

The only kicker I think that could replace Adam V would be Steven Hauschka. He's younger and cheaper. If he can kick outdoors (seattle, arizona, sf) he should be a good fit here. He struggled early in his career, so if he does again, Pat can kick.

Really dude??? "Beast"...C'mon already, give the beast talk a rest. There is no suck thing as a "beast" kicker and he's older than dirt. He can be easily replaced for much cheaper.

Easily replaced? Lol.

Good luck finding someone as go as AV..

He's clutch..

His age didn't seem to show last year..

I look at it this way. if we pay him more money to do what someone else will do for much cheaper and then he goes out there and gets hurt... what did we actually gain?

I get it... the guy has been good and very well could continue to be good but, he is one accident away from retirement. Let the man make his payday somewhere else and lets start thinking about wise investments in this area that appears to be in the process of change in the possible future near or far.

We will be fine with a new kicker. End of story.

I'm expecting AV to re-sign.

Just a matter of coming to the right terms.

I'd be surprised if we don't get a deal done.

In this case, it may be a matter of allowing him to hit the market and find out what his value is and deciding if he wants the Indy offer or not.

But, hopefully a deal gets done.

I could find one in a matter of minutes if it was my job. Not real hard to replace a kicker.

Nothing like paying top dollar to the guy that does his best work while the majority of people use that same time to go to the bathroom, get a beer, or leave the stadium early. I keed, I keed!!!

I really don't care if Vinny walks or not. We don't need to be paying much money to a kicker over 40 yrs. old. That is just stupid no matter how much he done in the past.

No, what's stupid is letting someone walk who is still contributing at an elite level, no matter the age.

He should be re-signed.