Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GAME MVP

iM COLTSSTRONG

Much can be made for Luck to be called MVP of this game but i think its gotta TY. 13 catches 224 yrds 2 scores.....not to mention game winning catch. Luck and the DEF have to be a close 2 and 3rd.

I was very happy with browns performance. 2 scores. great 5 yard avg. speed looked good as well as vision and cuts. If he can give this performance every week ill be more than pleased. Glad hes finally living up to his 1st round tag. 

Everyone played great not named Richardson.

He may not have been the MVP, but I have to give some luv to Da'Rick.  After that monster catch, did you see how the KC DBs kept crashing down on him, allowing T.Y. to run free through the secondary?

Hats off to the entire team.  Andrew Luck is AMAZING.  Robert Mathis is...goodness, what is he not?

Edited by mo0nlighting

Much can be made for Luck to be called MVP of this game but i think its gotta TY. 13 catches 224 yrds 2 scores.....not to mention game winning catch. Luck and the DEF have to be a close 2 and 3rd.

I was very happy with browns performance. 2 scores. great 5 yard avg. speed looked good as well as vision and cuts. If he can give this performance every week ill be more than pleased. Glad hes finally living up to his 1st round tag. 

Everyone played great not named Richardson.

I saw MVP and thought, if the OP doesn't say TY Hilton, I'm gonna be on it like white on rice.  But I agree with you.  TY all day.  Chiefs just could not contain him.  He just torched their secondary all day.

Definitely TY. He came out strong early, and came out strong late. He was a high motor player throughout, and made tons of catches. One play, he even took a direct hit, spun around, and kept upright for ~10yds.

The only bad play I saw was the INT that kind of went out of Hilton's hands and into the Chiefs defender in the weak flats, but that was also a behind the back catch, so I'll cut TY a break there.

Least valuable player definitely goes to Richardson.

Why in the world would you try to switch your ball carrying hand in traffic?

I wonder about Richardson. He played for Alabama and for the 2011 season, he had nearly 2000 rushing yds! And he had 24 TDs...

He also had a knee problem and had arthroscopic surgery in 2012 to remove cartilage fragments and didn't play the whole preseason. He didn't do all that bad while in Cleveland and I think he's got the potential to be a good, solid RB.

Could it be that hurting his knee screwed him up mentally and he's maybe subconsciously not playing as well as he can because he's afraid of injuring it again?  Maybe Pagano can get with him and figure out what is wrong.  Someone in Indy's management saw something good in Trent that made them want him to play for the Colts.  I hate to write the guy off if there's something that can be done to get him to play the way he should be playing...I just think his head isn't thinking right because he's worried about hurting his knee and that causes him to make dumb mistakes.

But, what a game!  I've never seen anything so exciting like the "Comeback Kid Andrew Luck!"  Or maybe it's the Comeback Crew?!  He didn't do it alone but whatever energy he imparts to his teammates seems to be the magic that brought about this miracle win.

Thanks Andrew for a heckava game and however far you and the Colts get in the Playoffs, this game will be the most brilliant game for me for all time....(Unless you can do it in the SB...against Green Bay...lolol)

TY and Luck without a doubt.

Honorable mention:

- Satele for the header assist on the fumble TD

- Rogers for going up to get it.

- Some nice, critical catches by Fleener

- Mathis for the strip sack.

- Crystal for getting plenty of national TV air time (where's Megan?)

- I'm sure I'm missing plenty of others

I don't know what he did, but whatever Chuck did at halftime it worked. I said he had to do something, and he did. He motivated these guys.

In terms of players, TY has to be the MVP, but props to Mathis for really turning around the momentum.

T.Y almost broke twitter today, he was easily the best player in the game. T.Y already has the same number of 100 yard games in the playoffs as Marvin Harrison had in his entire career.

Did you see that clip where he's tied with Torry Holt and one behind Randy Moss for 100 yard receiving games in the first 2 years?

(although stampedeblue says he has 11, which ties him with Randy Moss)