Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Dungy doesn't see anybody beating Denver

bap1331

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he based it on was that he didn't see any dominate defenses in the AFC and the fact that they would have to go to Denver.  It's a fair point.  The Broncos have home field and are the favorite for a reason if people thought they were going to lose they wouldn't be a favorite. 

As for the Colts they are pretty much completely off the radar at this point.  No one sees them doing anything and with Luck that's when this team has played it's best when they feel like no one in the world gives them any kind of chance at all. 

New England is not as scary as you think, unless they play in Foxboro, IMO. Even then, something is not right with the NE defense either.

Out of all AFC contenders, the Colts' defense ceiling is the highest on the road, IMO. People can disagree all they want but that is how I see it. If we are going to win on the road, we just need to stop being in awe of Peyton or Brady and just play ball, we will stand a chance till the end.

The most dangerous teams in the AFC right now to me are New England and Indy.  Denver's defense is horrible, KC doesn't scare me, Dalton is insanely inconsistent, and San Diego is also inconsistent

Cincy also has the best Defense out of the AFC playoff teams bar none, and haven't lost at home all year. They are a team to be reckoned with even with Dalton's inconsistency. They have a good backfield, very good receivers, and 2 solid TE's.

I'm not underestimating them this year..

Cincy also has the best Defense out of the AFC playoff teams bar none, and haven't lost at home all year. They are a team to be reckoned with even with Dalton's inconsistency. They have a good backfield, very good receivers, and 2 solid TE's.

In his 2 playoff games, Dalton has 0 TDs and 4 INTs.  He's an average QB...above average at best.  A good defense and running game will carry you, but if your QB throws multiple INTs like Dalton has done several times this year, they won't be going far

True. So did the Carolina Panthers in 2008 under John Fox, I think, went 8-0 at home and lost to a hot Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald in the divisional round to go 1-and-done.

In his 2 playoff games, Dalton has 0 TDs and 4 INTs.  He's an average QB...above average at best.  A good defense and running game will carry you, but if your QB throws multiple INTs like Dalton has done several times this year, they won't be going far

True. So did the Carolina Panthers in 2008 under John Fox, I think, went 8-0 at home and lost to a hot Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald in the divisional round to go 1-and-done.

I'm not saying they are going to win it all..All I'm making a point is that this is a different team this year, and they are a force to be reckoned with...

In the NFC I'm not counting out Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Especially if the Packers can get past the 49ers.

I don't have any problem saying the Packers or the Saints could beat the Seahawks.  For that matter I don't even

think the Seahawks would want to see the Carolina Panthers. There's a number of teams in the NFC that could

beat Seattle when you really look at things.

What has Denver's 'terrible' D; allowed on the road the last 2 weeks..?

looking at it seriously....With 2 weeks off and the atmospheric advantage of playing at home..and the No,.1 offense in the history of the NFL...

Denver is a big favorite to meet Seattle in the title game

Nobody in the AFC is a big favorite

In the NFC I'm not counting out Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Especially if the Packers can get past the 49ers.

I don't have any problem saying the Packers or the Saints could beat the Seahawks.  For that matter I don't even

think the Seahawks would want to see the Carolina Panthers. There's a number of teams in the NFC that could

beat Seattle when you really look at things.

Saints won't make it out of Philly

Saints won't make it out of Philly

Blood I respect your football acumen most of the time, but not that prediction.  The Saints will make it all the way out of Philly. Brees just isn't going to let them get one and done. Yes they had it happen to them some years ago in Seattle but they'll make it out of Philly.

Blood I respect your football acumen most of the time, but not that prediction.  The Saints will make it all the way out of Philly.

Saints are a better team, but not on the road and in the elements. The game starts at 8pm...going to be a chilly one most likely.

Saints are a better team, but not on the road and in the elements. The game starts at 8pm...going to be a chilly one most likely.

The Eagles barely got past the Cowboys tonight in those elements.  Their defense isn't going to be able to get pressure on Brees.  I don't see Philly being able to be consistent enough on offense to deal with the Saints. And we are talking about Brees in Prime Time.  He's going to put on a show!

What has Denver's 'terrible' D; allowed on the road the last 2 weeks..?

looking at it seriously....With 2 weeks off and the atmospheric advantage of playing at home..and the No,.1 offense in the history of the NFL...

Denver is a big favorite to meet Seattle in the title game

Yeah, those vaunted Houston and Oakland offenses will get you everytime.

Number 1 offense: I can tell you about having a historic offense.  It means nothing in the postseason.  Great offenses get neutralized in the playoffs (98 Vikings, 07 Patriots, 11 Packers) and Denver's defense isn't even marginal, which is what wins in the playoffs.

The Colts/Chiefs/Chargers are more than capable of ending the Broncos season.  This is why I say it seems like some of you guys want to see Denver win and wouldn't be upset if they beat the Colts.

It's a good thing if your team does play the Broncos, your owner, coach and team don't have any attachment to him or mixed emotions.  

Yep, apparently this season is all about two things in a strange AFC:

1) Peyton's records!!!!! Which are impressive don't get me wrong, but there was a lot of beating up on bad teams.

2) Brady overcoming adversity. ADVERSITY!!!! ADVERSITY!!!! No Gronky, Welkah, the murderer. And also Wilfork on defense. As if nobody else has injuries or offseason losses/drama?

It's like tunnel vision at times with the media and these guys and neither has won a Super Bowl since early 2007.

I am not even trying to hate all the time, but many I talk to who are not Colts fans but more casual football fans have complete tunnel vision as well and suck everything up from the media.

The most dangerous teams in the AFC right now to me are New England and Indy. Denver's defense is horrible, KC doesn't scare me, Dalton is insanely inconsistent, and San Diego is also inconsistent

Have to agree. I think the playoffs are paved for the Colts. But we can't count v out the Chiefs just because we blew them out. Anything can happen in the play offs.

Denver's defense doesn't scare me but it will be up to Luck to keep up with Peyton. Plus it's at their home and things will be different if we make it. Peyton will want revenge...

Have to agree. I think the playoffs are paved for the Colts. But we can't count v out the Chiefs just because we blew them out. Anything can happen in the play offs.

Denver's defense doesn't scare me but it will be up to Luck to keep up with Peyton. Plus it's at their home and things will be different if we make it. Peyton will want revenge...

I don't think it really matters if we count out of the Chiefs or not unless one of us is suiting up Saturday.

Guess what?

Tony said this last year, and Denver was the first team sent to the golf course.

Tony Dungy is a shameless Peyton Manning cheerleader. He's also wrong all the time. He was also a crappy head coach.

i am pretty sure whoever played in the first wildcard game last year was the first team sent to the golf course which would gave been the Bengals for the record.

Dungy used to coach Peyton of course he's going to stand by him. Harrison is an admitted Pats homer and it don't have a problem with it because he used to play for them.

Harrison talks crap about the Patriots all the time, so much so that many Patriot fans that used to think he walked .

Anyway, this is why I don't like these people going into broadcasting. They bring all their biases with them.

The media, in a perfect world, is about reporting the facts. Instead, in ours, whether it be political media or sports-media, it's about creating public opinion.

It's annoying.

Are you on my television to give me your insight into football or to stroke and protect the ego of your buddy?

Just ridiculous.

Anyway, the Broncos are frauds. The media *s are really easily moved by regular seasons and beating up on bad teams, like with the 2012 Broncos and the 2011 Packers.

The expertise of the experts is pretty limited.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 30, 2013 - quoting removed reference
Hidden by Nadine, December 30, 2013 - quoting removed reference

Harrison talks crap about the Patriots all the time, so much so that many Patriot fans that used to think he walked on water now wish he would drop dead.

Anyway, this is why I don't like these people going into broadcasting. They bring all their biases with them.

The media, in a perfect world, is about reporting the facts. Instead, in ours, whether it be political media or sports-media, it's about creating public opinion.

It's annoying.

Are you on my television to give me your insight into football or to stroke and protect the ego of your buddy?

Just ridiculous.

Anyway, the Broncos are frauds. The media *s are really easily moved by regular seasons and beating up on bad teams, like with the 2012 Broncos and the 2011 Packers.

The expertise of the experts is pretty limited.

Wow, if as you say, many Patriot fans are that annoyed by Rodney Harrison's comments that they wish he was dead; I think they need to:

keep-calm-and-take-a-chill-pill-75.png