Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-Chiefs 4:30 Saturday kickoff

Colts20593

i wish our game vs. KC WAS our first playoff game on the road.  This game worries me to no end.  It reminds me of our last loss to the San Diego Chargers in the playoffs which I believe was a home game.  Gut wrenching loss and the reason I'm reminding of that is that, while we had some fear about San Diego, it was pretty much consensus that we would show up and win that game (generally as with all home playoff games).  I would like to have more confidence.  We have lost some home playoff heart-breakers in the Peyton Manning era (San Diego, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, who else am I missing?).  I would love it if Andrew Luck got off on the right foot with a home playoff win. However, Coach Pagano, Luck, Grigson, and many other cast members have not achieved a playoff win in their VERY short Colts' careers.  It is an extremely difficult task to win in the NFL and even more difficult to win a playoff game.  Andy Reid has been there before and it just doesn't seem like we have a really good shot to win this game with KC at full strength or even with Bowe out with his concussion symptoms.  Help me pick apart this game a bit more and find where we can pull this out.  They, KC, had so many turnovers and I just don't see that a 2nd time and I think Charles will get many more yards, having said that, our defense is much better than it was, say against the chargers.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 31, 2013 - rude
Hidden by Nadine, December 31, 2013 - rude

i wish our game vs. KC WAS our first playoff game on the road.  This game worries me to no end.  It reminds me of our last loss to the San Diego Chargers in the playoffs which I believe was a home game.  Gut wrenching loss and the reason I'm reminding of that is that, while we had some fear about San Diego, it was pretty much consensus that we would show up and win that game (generally as with all home playoff games).  I would like to have more confidence.  We have lost some home playoff heart-breakers in the Peyton Manning era (San Diego, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, who else am I missing?).  I would love it if Andrew Luck got off on the right foot with a home playoff win. However, Coach Pagano, Luck, Grigson, and many other cast members have not achieved a playoff win in their VERY short Colts' careers.  It is an extremely difficult task to win in the NFL and even more difficult to win a playoff game.  Andy Reid has been there before and it just doesn't seem like we have a really good shot to win this game with KC at full strength or even with Bowe out with his concussion symptoms.  Help me pick apart this game a bit more and find where we can pull this out.  They, KC, had so many turnovers and I just don't see that a 2nd time and I think Charles will get many more yards, having said that, our defense is much better than it was, say against the chargers.

Why do you even bother getting out of bed in the morning?

I'm surprised by the number of non-Colts fans/pundits on ESPN and elsewhere who are picking the Chiefs to win this game in light of the dominant performance by the Colts a few weeks ago. To be honest, I am actually glad, since we always seem to win when we aren't favored. Just thought it would be a bit more even since the Colts already beat them in their own house and very recently at that.

I think this is a game the Colts SHOULD win, but it does make me very nervous-- mostly because we had our way with them the first time. I expect this to be a lot of closer. It will come down to our Colts' ability to once again dominate the time of possession as they did in the first meeting and keep our defense fresh.

Record it, at least find a way to do that and come back and watch it because the Colts won!!!  :cheer:  :number1:

I hate the idea of recording a game. I am way too tempted to look at the final score online, and if we do end up losing, I don't know If i'd be able to get myself to watch the game.

"1000 dollars for 8 classes"...it better be something good like "Alchemy 459, Turning Lead into Gold".

I'm not gonna tell you what class I'm taking, but I will tell you that, it is actually a bit more than a 1000 dollars. Let's just say this class is vital in improving a certain test you have to take to get into college. hint hint.

I don't like the playing them twice in three weeks thing though... Could make it a dangerous game. Ol' coaches had better have some new wrinkles to use or put into the playbook. Oh and Hamilton PLEASE dump that dang tackle-eligible play in the "I" formation.!! Was at the Jags game and about 1-2 times on every drive "number 71 is reporting eligible" and nothing. Stuffed. Beat Down. C'mon Pep this ain't rah-rah college here, these guys need a chance to gain yards... IF we can run the ball in the 2nd half, we can pull away and win.

I'm not gonna tell you what class I'm taking, but I will tell you that, it is actually a bit more than a 1000 dollars. Let's just say this class is vital in improving a certain test you have to take to get into college. hint hint.

so a class you don't even need. Gotcha

I hate the idea of recording a game. I am way too tempted to look at the final score online, and if we do end up losing, I don't know If i'd be able to get myself to watch the game.

SO WHAT to the highlighted part. What conceivable relevance is that? If you can find the discipline to attend the class, you can find the discipline to avoid the score, etc. Tell your friends/family ahead of time to leave you alone, and come straight home with no radio. I love my DVR, and it's incredibly easy to watch a game and pretend it's live. I used to run out and pick up lunch and start games 1/2 hour to an hour late virtually every week just so I didn't have to watch commercials. In your reality, it IS live.

Do yourself a favor and ignore the "helpful" comments on here. As a 52 year old I assure you that "your entire future" is just a tad more important than three hours of entertainment - which you won't miss anyway because you'll record it. Also bear in mind that if the Colts lose you will be thinking "I screwed up my class for THIS".

If they win you'll end up having the same thought, but perhaps not until weeks from now in the middle of your test, when you're sitting there with your heart going a mile a minute thinking "WTH is this? I wonder if they covered it on the 4th?"

Unless the colts win 1 playoff games, I will consider this season a failure.  I have high expectation of this team.  So GO COLTS!

A failure.....really????   :scratch:

We just went 11-5 for the 2nd year in a row after completely blowing up the roster and the front office.  I will consider this season a HUGE success !!!

A failure.....really????   :scratch:

We just went 11-5 for the 2nd year in a row after completely blowing up the roster and the front office.  I will consider this season a HUGE success !!!

I said before the year started my goal was to win the division and a playoff game this year. 

Now with that said if we lose on Saturday I am not going to think this year was a failure either.  Honestly, we had a much more banged up team than last year with a lot more important people going down and yet we finished with the same record as last year and won the division this year and had some major wins before the injuries took hold.  I am not really sure how anyone could call this year a failure so I am with you, of course some fans just have completely unrealistic expectations to start with and ignore things like injuries. 

I said before the year started my goal was to win the division and a playoff game this year. 

Now with that said if we lose on Saturday I am not going to think this year was a failure either.  Honestly, we had a much more banged up team than last year with a lot more important people going down and yet we finished with the same record as last year and won the division this year and had some major wins before the injuries took hold.  I am not really sure how anyone could call this year a failure so I am with you, of course some fans just have completely unrealistic expectations to start with and ignore things like injuries. 

I totally agree. How can anyone call this season a failure. Colts get to the playoffs win the division(going 6-0), with the injuries we had especially when Reggie went down and we went on a skid where we lost bigtime but we recovered and finished up strong. I like the Colts chances agaisnt KC. We just need to shut J. Charles and get after Alex smith and play good D liike we have these last few games and we shall be fine.

Chiefs will be rested. Only 2 1st. teamers started against the Sparklers in San Diego.

Get ready for a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles.

Andy Reid will open the playbook on you guys for this game. Chiefs will make your head spin.

Oh yeah, we'll have Justin Houston ready for you too. Sorry you missed him last game.

No injuries and GO CHIEFS!! :highfive2:

Chiefs will be rested. Only 2 1st. teamers started against the Sparklers in San Diego.

Get ready for a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles.

Andy Reid will open the playbook on you guys for this game. Chiefs will make your head spin.

Oh yeah, we'll have Justin Houston ready for you too. Sorry you missed him last game.

No injuries and GO CHIEFS!! :highfive2:

Speaking from a fan who watched his team constantly rest for playoffs trust me when I say resting is hardly ever beneficial.

SO WHAT to the highlighted part. What conceivable relevance is that? If you can find the discipline to attend the class, you can find the discipline to avoid the score, etc. Tell your friends/family ahead of time to leave you alone, and come straight home with no radio. I love my DVR, and it's incredibly easy to watch a game and pretend it's live. I used to run out and pick up lunch and start games 1/2 hour to an hour late virtually every week just so I didn't have to watch commercials. In your reality, it IS live.

Do yourself a favor and ignore the "helpful" comments on here. As a 52 year old I assure you that "your entire future" is just a tad more important than three hours of entertainment - which you won't miss anyway because you'll record it. Also bear in mind that if the Colts lose you will be thinking "I screwed up my class for THIS".

If they win you'll end up having the same thought, but perhaps not until weeks from now in the middle of your test, when you're sitting there with your heart going a mile a minute thinking "WTH is this? I wonder if they covered it on the 4th?"

Actually, all we do in the class is take a practice test, and go over what we got wrong. The practice test ends at 12:45 and we get our results back at around 1:00, so I plan to take the test, get the results, and go home. There is no new material on the test that we have to take a separate class for to learn. Missing one session of the teacher telling me something that I can figure out after looking at the question again isn't gonna hurt me that much.