Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Dwayne Allen be a top 3 Tight End?

BlueCollarColts

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to be a top 3 TE in order to be what the Colts want and need....

If he's a top 8 TE that's great.   Even top 10 or 12 would be very good.

And the combination of Allen and Fleener should be a very effective combo....

If they can stay healthy,  then better days ahead!      :thmup:

Well we know Gronkowski and Graham are probably 1 and 2 right now in terms of tight end rankings, but can Dwayne Allen take over the #3 spot? Antonio Gates and Jason Witten are up there but both of them are getting up there in age, as Gates will be 34 next season and Witten will be 32. Gonzalez in Atlanta will likely retire, so my question is, do you believe Dwayne Allen can eventually take over the #3 spot?

Anything is possible but, I cant think of several players that are more likely to take the coveted #3 TE in the league.

Could be any of Graham, Gronk, Thomas, Davis, Cameron, Walker, Clay, Olsen, or Cook.

He isn't great on paper, so I don't think he'll ever be a top 3 TE. 

But he could become the most well rounded TE in the league, because he graded out as one of the best blockers last year and added 520 yards last year. The kid has great potential.

Look at the whole in this offense too. I like Coby a lot, but no Allen hurts a lot and it shows just how good a player he is.

That also required season ending surgery.

point....? Many players in the NFL have underwent season ending surgery, and nearly all of them have returned 100%, or even better than 100%. Until you can tell me the specifics of the injury, which you can't. You have no business here telling me the effects of it on him. If you didn't know, there are probably over 50 injuries to your hip that could put you out for the season, some are worse than others

point....? Many players in the NFL have underwent season ending surgery, and nearly all of them have returned 100%, or even better than 100%. Until you can tell me the specifics of the injury, which you can't. You have no business here telling me the effects of it on him. If you didn't know, there are probably over 50 injuries to your hip that could put you out for the season, some are worse than others

:facepalm:  :lecture:  :wall:  :sheepaid:

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts

I'd go so far as to say the best in the NFL.

Are you claiming this Allen kid is the best blocking tight end in the NFL?  Really?

No way. I can't believe the hype of this guy. He's a NUMBER TWO TE, but that's it. The good news is the colts have 3 very solid contributing TE'S (fleener, allen and doyle). But none of them are ELITE. Let's take a reality pill.

dwayne allen was one of our best players last year, are you serious lol. he was very reliable, and didnt even give the impresson that he was a rookie. who was drafted after fleener.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2013 - trolling

Any football ranking is subjective.

Those rankings aren't established by a guy looking through homer glasses. No one can claim that Allen is the best tight end in the NFL at anything. It is foolish to try.

Great discussion.. MaoBerry, always enjoy reading your comments..

As for DA, i don't care if it's top 3, top 5, top 10, based on what? Yards? Td's? Blocking (how do you rate that?) subjective..

All i know is, if he comes back healthy, we will have one of the best, all-round tight ends in the nfl..

So, can't wait to see him play next season!

Great discussion.. MaoBerry, always enjoy reading your comments..

As for DA, i don't care if it's top 3, top 5, top 10, based on what? Yards? Td's? Blocking (how do you rate that?) subjective..

All i know is, if he comes back healthy, we will have one of the best, all-round tight ends in the nfl..

So, can't wait to see him play next season!

Ah, you made me blush. But seriously thank you so much for picking our INDY colts to follow and cheer for! It means so much to us that you find value in our team and organization. I hope we never let you down and if we do, then its normally the refs fault.

Ah, you made me blush. But seriously thank you so much for picking our INDY colts to follow and cheer for! It means so much to us that you find value in our team and organization. I hope we never let you down and if we do, then its normally the refs fault.

Didn't you use to post here as KirkCousins and Adaywithoutrain or something to that effect?