Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense!

Mr.Debonair

When our defense plays together we look like a GOP 5 defense at times..

We have play makers at every level and I believe if we could keep the core of our defense together and add the right talent over the next 2-3 years that we could have a top 5 defense in the NFL.

I know Mathis and Bethea can't play forever and replacing them down the road won't be easy, but I believe Ryan Grigson will make the right choices to fill the void the best he can.

Jerrell Freeman is a BEAST!

McNary,Butler and Werner seem to becoming better with experience. Butler is a play maker and I like mcNary's explosiveness..

Vontae Davis is a top 5 corner when he's on..

I like Landry for his toughness and great run stopping ability..

I think we are headed in thr right direction though..

I can't wait to see what next year brings.

It was a good showing by the defense without question but as good a KC's defense is there offense outside of Charles is poor, Solid O Line, very good rb, Junk the rest of the offense

But we held Charles in check. That's the thing. He only got one TD and was pretty much useless for the rest of the game. I think we're the first team to successfully hold Charles in check.

But we held Charles in check. That's the thing. He only got one TD and was pretty much useless for the rest of the game. I think we're the first team to successfully hold Charles in check.

130 total yards and a td isnt exactly keeping him in check, but atleast it wasnt as bad as the raiders

13 carries for 106 yards is not exactly held in check. we forced a couple int's by Smith  and converted 1 of them into a TD off the turnover, Believe me it was an impressive showing today by both sides of the ball in my opinion but KC just is not legit unless there defense . Smith has turned himself into a game manager, a serviceable QB but they will need to upgrade, With all that said, we won and we played pretty well doing it

13 carries for 106 yards is not exactly held in check. we forced a couple int's by Smith  and converted 1 of them into a TD off the turnover, Believe me it was an impressive showing today by both sides of the ball in my opinion but KC just is not legit unless there defense . Smith has turned himself into a game manager, a serviceable QB but they will need to upgrade, With all that said, we won and we played pretty well doing it

No, we might not have held him in check, but we held him to 1 TD on a 31 yard run. After that, he didn't contribute much.

O line was looking great when they were pass blocking apart from fighting blitzes up the middle. The defense impressed me today, created turnovers, excellent coverage, rushed the passer.

Josh Gordy looked impressive against Bowe, excellent coverage. The defense were great tackling today overall.

The secondary played great inluding the LB's Freeman, Conner,and Mcnary, hardly no one was getting open. I still would like to see better pass rush because Smith had time in the pocket most of the game, he just held on it for too long. Getting Arthur Jones in FA would be a great pick up for us we need a guy that can consistently push the pocket. It doesn't have to be a sack but just to get the Qb off his sweet spot so the OLB's can have a chance to get to him.

We clearly have the ability to play solid defense. Its just matter of consistency. We can come out and play great like we have the last 2 weeks and then we come out another game and get torched and look like were lost. That's what we have got to stop.

Exactly. Let's see if we can get on a roll. Sad part is the toughest games are ahead of us, jags included because they always play us tough.