Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List the free agents you'd like us to sign this offseason

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I like Mack but he'll probably be franchise tagged. Decker isn't leaving the Broncos and we won't sign Byrd after signing Landry for so much. The two positions on defense that will be free agents is ILB and FS. I think will go after Donald Butler and draft Bethea's replacement. We won't sign any big name d-linemen because RJF is getting paid starters money and Redding still has one year left, Hughes will also be getting more playing time. 

Offensively i don't think will sign a big name wr, Rogers, T.Y, and Brazil will be a good trio with a full training camp. Fleener will be better and will also be getting Allen back and Wayne for a year. Brian De la Puente will be a good signing at C but i doubt we sign a guard.

I feel after watching Da'Rick Rogers play....your point is an extremely good one!!  Use these next 3 games and next year's training camp to see exactly what we have.   :thmup:

We all know he has all of the talent in the world.  He needs to take this opportunity and NEVER look back!!  Lets not judge him too quickly when he drops passes...he will.  This kid has the same type of size as Alshon Jeffery of the Bears and can run with him too.  The sky is the limit....add the strength of Brazill and the lightning of TY....maybe we have something here :):blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel after watching Da'Rick Rogers play....your point is an extremely good one!!  Use these next 3 games and next year's training camp to see exactly what we have.   :thmup:

We all know he has all of the talent in the world.  He needs to take this opportunity and NEVER look back!!  Lets not judge him too quickly when he drops passes...he will.  This kid has the same type of size as Alshon Jeffery of the Bears and can run with him too.  The sky is the limit....add the strength of Brazill and the lightning of TY....maybe we have something here :):blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

As long as he doesn't drop as many passes as DHB I will be fine with him. Its not like Wayne didn't drop any passes sometimes.

As long as he doesn't drop as many passes as DHB I will be fine with him. Its not like Wayne didn't drop any passes sometimes.

I agree...cannot be 20% like the Drop-Meister.  I gave DHB all I had to give him a chance and not to slam him.  'Darn' I wish I had his size and speed...and hand size...not the butter that goes with them :)  Or is it....

Parkay.jpg

I like Mack but he'll probably be franchise tagged. Decker isn't leaving the Broncos and we won't sign Byrd after signing Landry for so much. The two positions on defense that will be free agents is ILB and FS. I think will go after Donald Butler and draft Bethea's replacement. We won't sign any big name d-linemen because RJF is getting paid starters money and Redding still has one year left, Hughes will also be getting more playing time.

Offensively i don't think will sign a big name wr, Rogers, T.Y, and Brazil will be a good trio with a full training camp. Fleener will be better and will also be getting Allen back and Wayne for a year. Brian De la Puente will be a good signing at C but i doubt we sign a guard.

So the Colts don't go after a defensive end because they have a 33 year old with one more year left on his contract? That doesn't make make much sense to me.

And I have a hard time seeing SD letting go of their best LB who is only 25.

If we are saying we think we can get 3 decent-very good free agents, I would get Mack for the O line, and hopefully get a guard for Thornton's spot in the 2nd round of the draft. My other 2 free agents would be; a pass rushing DE/OLB, sorry Walden isn't much more than a body, and maybe Werner will be ready by the time Mathis retires. My other would be a saftety (assuming Bethea doesn't re-sign for moderate $) or ILB (for Angerer). i wouldn't be opposed to 2 O linemen in free agency however.

As good as Decker is, I'd rather keep Hilton on the outside and not sign a starting WR now. We should sign one when a Reggie retires. I know it looks weak right now but Rogers and Brazill are developing. With all 4 of them I don't really see the need to sign a free agent. Plus we have two great TEs that can catch and run.

I like Rogers and Brazill as future starters, maybe this week.

Actually, if wayne can come back healthy, I see no need for another receiver. We'd have wayne, hilton, and rogers. That alone will be enough. Brazill would make a good #4, and we could draft a #5 in the 7th round or what not.

Reggie is 35 and next season will be the last year of,his contract. The guy won't play forever

Reggie is 35 and next season will be the last year of,his contract. The guy won't play forever

True, but we should draft a WR in the first round of NEXT years draft. In this draft, we have to get better in the trenches. I'd go with either an ILB or a DE in the second round of this years draft.

If the Colts cannot retain Davis, I would really want to go after Alterraun Verner who is playing like one of the best CBs in the league.

I'd like to see the Colts add a guard and Jon Asamoah would be one that I would like to target.

Besides that, I'd like to see them add a few players in the draft and try to retain the players they have. 

It's better to try and keep this core then to continuously change. 

If the Colts cannot retain Davis, I would really want to go after Alterraun Verner who is playing like one of the best CBs in the league.

I'd like to see the Colts add a guard and Jon Asamoah would be one that I would like to target.

Besides that, I'd like to see them add a few players in the draft and try to retain the players they have.

It's better to try and keep this core then to continuously change.

What kind of contract you think Verner could get? Why not pair him with Vontae?

What kind of contract you think Verner could get? Why not pair him with Vontae?

He should get at least 5.5M a year, probably more. Some team's going to give him a lot.

I don't think the Colts can afford to sign Vontae and Verner to big deals. 

Plus, when healthy, the Colts have a starting solid trio at cornerback.

I wouldn't mind adding some depth at CB, because I'd like to see less of Cassius Vaughn going forward.

He should get at least 5.5M a year, probably more. Some team's going to give him a lot.

I don't think the Colts can afford to sign Vontae and Verner to big deals.

Plus, when healthy, the Colts have a starting solid trio at cornerback.

I wouldn't mind adding some depth at CB, because I'd like to see less of Cassius Vaughn going forward.

Well I think we need to cut toler so that's why I asked I don't like him being an injury risk

Well I think we need to cut toler so that's why I asked I don't like him being an injury risk

Cutting Toler would save about 4.2M, which is a good amount. 

I'm not saying cut Toler, but Verner-Davis is a top 3 CB pairing in this league.

Center: Evan Dietrich Smith or Brian De La Puente

Guard: Joe Asamoah

OLB: Brian Orakpo

D Line: Randy Starks or Arthur Jones

Love the list and I would have no problem with De La Puente; if he was significantly cheaper I would actually take him over Mack. But is he really going to be that much cheaper than Mack? I know the Saints can't afford to fight for him, but I think they are pretty close skill wise so I would think the market would push De La Puente's salary up close to the Mack range.

Love the list and I would have no problem with De La Puente; if he was significantly cheaper I would actually take him over Mack. But is he really going to be that much cheaper than Mack? I know the Saints can't afford to fight for him, but I think they are pretty close skill wise so I would think the market would push De La Puente's salary up close to the Mack range.

Good point. I didn't include Mack because I was thinking La Puente might be cheaper and there is no way Mack leaves Cleveland with the cap space they have.

Good point. I didn't include Mack because I was thinking La Puente might be cheaper and there is no way Mack leaves Cleveland with the cap space they have.

I can be wrong, but they don't have much cap space.

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Browns&Year=2014

Looks like they already have 103 mil spent. Sure, they can save money and cut somebody, but they have to spent some money on other free agents (T.J. Ward and Chris Owens, very underrated CB, IMO) and draft picks.

I can be wrong, but they don't have much cap space.http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Browns&Year=2014Looks like they already have 103 mil spent. Sure, they can save money and cut somebody, but they have to spent some money on other free agents (T.J. Ward and Chris Owens, very underrated CB, IMO) and draft picks.

They will have 49m

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/01/raiders-will-be-able-to-go-on-major-spending-spree/