Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List the free agents you'd like us to sign this offseason

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Wayne come back to play the same lever he played before then yes we can wait but more then likely he won't Father Time won't allow it. And you see how the offense has struggled without him and I don't want another year of stone hands and double team Ty Hilton

Well if Wayne come back to play the same lever he played before then yes we can wait but more then likely he won't Father Time won't allow it. And you see how the offense has struggled without him and I don't want another year of stone hands and double team Ty Hilton

We have Rogers TY Brazil and Wayne will be good enough for one year

Honestly I'm gonna get flack for this but I honestly not really sure we should re-sign Vontae Davis.  

Having a guy that plays special for 2 games of the season and is pure crap the rest of the season isn't my idea of a good corner.

I'm kinda fed up with the guy.  An average WR in the league beats him regularly and an above average WR makes him look stupid.  That is unless he's having one of his few special games in which he inexplicably shuts someone down.  Only to give up 3 long TD's next week.  

We spend a 2nd round pick on him, I get it, that's a sunk cost.  We just amplify the problem if we re-sign him to a decent sized contract and he goes back to letting receivers run past him regularly.  

I really want to see him pick up his game in the next 3 games and the playoffs before I'll be convinced he's even a necessary member of this defense. 

I know V Davis has had his problems a couple of games, but he is a very good corner .... he is still currently ranked in the top 10 CBs by PFF (above Verner, Smith, Haden and Sherman). I agree the secondary has not been playing well. The nonexistent pass rush we have had the past few games and Betheas horrible play has not done Davis any favors. 

Letting him walk would be a huge mistake in my opinion...unless his salary demands are outrageous in comparison to the other top FA corners.

We can wait till 2015 draft for a WR IMO

Because you know Reggie is going to come back healthy??? And that we are going to get enough additional years out of him to get a new WR up to speed??? And there is no chance we need more than one try, because there is no chance we whiff on the WR we draft???

Because you know Reggie is going to come back healthy??? And that we are going to get enough additional years out of him to get a new WR up to speed??? And there is no chance we need more than one try, because there is no chance we whiff on the WR we draft???

People really have no trust in Reggie at all damn its crazy he doesn't have to come back as good as he was all he has to do is play decent for 1 year

Not to mention we could get a cheap 1 year WR like we did with DHB this FA

Also you know Reggie ISN'T coming back healthy??

People really have no trust in Reggie at all damn its crazy he doesn't have to come back as good as he was all he has to do is play decent for 1 year

Not to mention we could get a cheap 1 year WR like we did with DHB this FA

Its not about trusting Reggie. About being realistic about how age effects NFL players. 

You think the WRs who are available for 1 yr deals are going to give us what Reggie or a High round WR would?

Also you know Reggie ISN'T coming back healthy??

I don't know that he isn't ... but when you look at how important a WR of his caliber is to the Colts/Luck I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Its not about trusting Reggie. About being realistic about how age effects NFL players.

You think the WRs who are available for 1 yr deals are going to give us what Reggie or a High round WR would?

I don't know that he isn't ... but when you look at how important a WR of his caliber is to the Colts/Luck I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Well Rogers will be fine IMO was a great college WR and we have TY we don't need 3 top WR to be good I don't think

Watched Rogers a lot when he was in college he's with the right organization to succeed

Is there any WR or Oline man coming into to FA next year worth looking at? Grigson likes middle of the pack players so he doesn't break the bank on a single player.

Grigson is gonna need to address QUALITY over quantity this year...just get 2 or 3 good players and sign our own FAs.

I would be happy with a C (Mack), OG, WR (Maclin).

Aqib Talib - I know he has had his fair share of bone-headed off-field issues, but the guy can flat out play! First he took down Tampa Bay's Vincent Jackson, then Atlanta's Julio Jones, and finally Cincinnati's A.J. Green. Then Jimmy Graham. All four were impressive feats. We currently don't have anyone that can stop any one of those 4 players.

Brian Orakpo - Pairing Orakpo with Mathis would be Awesome!

Wesley Woodyard - from what i've read he was a great coverage LB last year.

Hakeem Nicks - if Reggie can't go 100% next season Nicks could fill in well.

I think Holmes is going to step into the Center position, so i don't know if the Colts will go after one in FA.

I would like to Draft:  Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford in the 2nd and Morgan Moses, OT/OG, Virginia in the 3rd.

Once they some decent play from the WR core the offense really started to click and put up 28 points against a very good Bengals defense.  I would call that improvement.  They knew Pep was going to be a work in progress when they hired him because he's never been a playcaller at the NFL level.  Add to the fact that he's installing a new type of offense and all the injuries on offense that the team has sustained and it should be very easy to see why the offense has been struggling.

i think that 28 points are skewed by 2 great plays, but also ridiculous taclking by the bengals. I mean those 14 points were not because of great playcalling or scheme or long drives...those 2 were just 2 guys making ridiculous plays

Re-sign: PattyMac, AV, COREY LYNCH,CHRIS RAINEY, MAYBE V.DAVIS, if its 4 yr-24 million range. Any higher, than get lost. I would not keep bethea.

FA'S: MACK, VELDHEER, MAURICE PURIFY, BEST GUARD AVAILABLE.

DRAFT: BORLAND, KENNY BELL AND OTHER HARD WORKING DEPTH TYPE GUYS.

Cut: Samson Satele, bethea, G.C., SHEPPARD, MATTHEWS, MOALA.

Yes, i would move A.C. to the right side, then cut G.C. and sign VELDHEER FOR THE LEFT SIDE.

Re-sign: PattyMac, AV, COREY LYNCH,CHRIS RAINEY, MAYBE V.DAVIS, if its 4 yr-24 million range. Any higher, than get lost. I would not keep bethea.

Yes, i would move A.C. to the right side, then cut G.C. and sign VELDHEER FOR THE LEFT SIDE.

wish we had the cap space you think we do lol

Also why would we cut GC he's our best linemen

None of them are unreasonable, other than mack. And VELDHEER has been injured in his contract year. I would even pass on VD,if he's too expensive.

I get that you want the line better but destroying the D won't help us

We need to cut Toler and use his money to add a CB we shouldn't give away our best CB

Re-sign: PattyMac, AV, COREY LYNCH,CHRIS RAINEY, MAYBE V.DAVIS, if its 4 yr-24 million range. Any higher, than get lost. I would not keep bethea.

What is this .... a blueprint on how to waste the most money and setback the franchise??

So you are going to cut Cherilus who is one of the better Tackles in the league and take an $8 million dead money cap hit, so that you can take AC who is a good (and improving) LT and move him to the right side, all to sign Veldheer (who we don't need) to a large contract, which he will get because he has proven to be good enough that an injury will not lower his salary as much as you think. 

Than you are letting V. Davis walk (who is better than what you are trying to pay him)... because there is no way he signs for 4/$24 mil ... so now we have to find and sign 2 CBs because I don't see Toler being the #2 with his injury issues.

You have us getting rid of Bethea(which I have no problem with), but you have to replace him.

Why are we signing Maurice Purify?  Surely we can find a better WR if we want a project.

I think you need to go back to the drawing board ... blowing up the only working parts of the OL is a terrible plan. Basically you will have wasted $15+ million to fix something that isn't broken without addressing some of the other positions of need that will cost us big money to fill in FA.

Aqib Talib - I know he has had his fair share of bone-headed off-field issues, but the guy can flat out play! First he took down Tampa Bay's Vincent Jackson, then Atlanta's Julio Jones, and finally Cincinnati's A.J. Green. Then Jimmy Graham. All four were impressive feats. We currently don't have anyone that can stop any one of those 4 players.

Brian Orakpo - Pairing Orakpo with Mathis would be Awesome!

Wesley Woodyard - from what i've read he was a great coverage LB last year.

Hakeem Nicks - if Reggie can't go 100% next season Nicks could fill in well.

I think Holmes is going to step into the Center position, so i don't know if the Colts will go after one in FA.

I would like to Draft:  Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford in the 2nd and Morgan Moses, OT/OG, Virginia in the 3rd.

I like this one the best. As much as the line sucks, Thomas and Holmes could be okay next year. The defense needs to improve. Talib, Orakpo and Woodyard help a lot.