Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Looking At Kory Sheets

dw49

I think them looking at this speedster this may mean that DB will not be resigned.

we would have TR VB for the #1/2 role and someone like DB (sheets) may be what will happen next year

I'm not understanding why some of You keep bringing Vick Ballard into the scenario. None of us have any idea how he'll be coming off that ACL.

I would rather have Chad Simpson from CFL Blue Bombers.Good vision. Shifty change of pace Back, explosive, Can easily get to the edge, good hands out of the backfield. Has experience running behind a FB....He looks to want to do his own thing back there though and not follow the FB consistently.....Formerly of the Colts

Not saying that but we don't know how he'll perform. Not everyone can be Adrian Peterson. We have no idea what Vick Ballard will look like next season despite having alot of time to recover since the injury happened early in the season

you know what I miss about Ballard? How he always feel forward and got an extra yard or two that way. If T-rich could just do that his YPC would jump to 4 yards a carry and we could live with that.

I would rather have Chad Simpson from CFL Blue Bombers.Good vision. Shifty change of pace Back, explosive, Can easily get to the edge, good hands out of the backfield. Has experience running behind a FB....He looks to want to do his own thing back there though and not follow the FB consistently.....Formerly of the Colts

We had Chad Simpson in 2008/2009.  He was unspectacular but did not make many mistakes.

Kory sheets would have actually had an even better career at Purdue if Painter was NOT there,  People forget that Painter passed for 11,000 plus yards at Purdue.  His slam was losing the big game....NOTE:  Not a Painter fan in the least....just stating facts :)

So you scout the CFL as well? Do you get the All 24 video?

Kory Sheets is twice the RB as Simpson.

Wow, there is no comparison. In fact I doubt Simpson will even be the starting RB in Winnipeg next year as the guy they brought in after he got hurt was better. (Wolf I think). Sheets is an amazing RB, the only thing holding him back in Indy will be his age. He is similar to LeSean McCoy in terms of size and running style, although I think McCoy would have more speed. But the same shiftiness, great moves and great vision. Sheets is an outstanding runner. The areas where his skill set may be questioned for NFL regular duty would be his blocking ability (average) and receiving skills (average). For Sheet's sake, I wish him the best with the Colts, but as a Rider fan, I sure hope he comes back! In his last 2 playoff games he rushed for 177 and 197 yards, smashing the Grey Cup record which had stood for 50+ years. This should be interesting ......

Wow, there is no comparison. In fact I doubt Simpson will even be the starting RB in Winnipeg next year as the guy they brought in after he got hurt was better. (Wolf I think). Sheets is an amazing RB, the only thing holding him back in Indy will be his age. He is similar to LeSean McCoy in terms of size and running style, although I think McCoy would have more speed. But the same shiftiness, great moves and great vision. Sheets is an outstanding runner. The areas where his skill set may be questioned for NFL regular duty would be his blocking ability (average) and receiving skills (average). For Sheet's sake, I wish him the best with the Colts, but as a Rider fan, I sure hope he comes back! In his last 2 playoff games he rushed for 177 and 197 yards, smashing the Grey Cup record which had stood for 50+ years. This should be interesting ......

No Wolf on the Bombers roster.....But Simpson is on there 9 game injured list...Maybe you meant Mario Fannin, I like him but I like Simpson better, I actually like what I remember of simpson while he was here, We just didn't get to see much of him but he showed a lot of potential, Korey is alright, I like his power and his speed is good enough (Not great but good)I just don't see that sudden change of direction back to make a guy miss consistently

Sorry, not Wolf, brainf@rt! Will Ford, out of South Carolina St, finished the year very strong.

I am not knocking Simpson, just think he is not near as good as Sheets. Sheets beat out Louis Rankin (Washington) and Brandon West (Western Michigan) to get the spot last year in Saskatchewan. In 2013, they brought in DeDe Dorsey for a look, but his "best before" date had past.

Sorry, not Wolf, brainf@rt! Will Ford, out of South Carolina St, finished the year very strong.

I am not knocking Simpson, just think he is not near as good as Sheets. Sheets beat out Louis Rankin (Washington) and Brandon West (Western Michigan) to get the spot last year in Saskatchewan. In 2013, they brought in DeDe Dorsey for a look, but his "best before" date had past.

I actually like Fords ability and upside as a change of pace more then Sheets

I actually like Fords ability and upside as a change of pace more then Sheets

But less power, wouldn't you agree?

Ford is a great Kick Returner, very fast, but I just don't see him as an every down back like Sheets. (Talking CFL every down!)

Are you from The Peg?

He's a stud bringing him in should be a lot cheaper than keeping Brown and he has as much or more upside IMO . He will be a treat to take it to the house on SP's and a great change of pace back .

This makes sense actually.  Get someone similar, sign him for cheaper to create even MORE cap space to sign bigger OLine names.  Well atleast the cap space will be true, hope the rest is too.