Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So...ummm Seattle clinched home field advantage?

bap1331

The saints have the 2nd best record so even if they go to the AFC championship. They will go back to Seattle. Not only that, I don't see any NFC teams going to Seattle to beat them there. Here are the possible teams:

-Cardinals

-49ers

-Lions

-Panthers(closest chance)

-Cowboys (LOL! Romo will be paranoid from last time)

-Philly

-Chicago(maybe!)

-Green Bay

-Giants(best chance...they can beat anyone)

Well pretty much it's closed up, Sea hawks vs the best AFC team...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't feel the fear of seattle at all. Wilson is a game manager (but a good one), so he cannot beat you by himself. The game plan is simple...stop lynch, don't turn the ball over or give their secondary a chance to make plays...beat seattle. Pretty simple. I would welcome playing them in the superbowl actually.

I just don't feel the fear of seattle at all. Wilson is a game manager (but a good one), so he cannot beat you by himself. The game plan is simple...stop lynch, don't turn the ball over or give their secondary a chance to make plays...beat seattle. Pretty simple. I would welcome playing them in the superbowl actually.

Yeah 310 yards 3 TD and no INTs is classic game manager.

You would not beat Seattle again, I promise you.

I promise you that we would. They're vulnerable outside of starbucks land. Heck, we already punched them out once. Why not again?

Because they are consistently very good and you are not. As the weeks go on those early "statement" wins are wearing off.

Yes they clinched home field.

And they already are in the Super Bowl. They are playing it vs. the Patriots or Broncos btw. It has been pre determined and settled already.

Season is over.

We can start talking about free agency early.

Yes they clinched home field.

And they already are in the Super Bowl. They are playing it vs. the Patriots or Broncos btw. It has been pre determined and settled already.

Season is over.

We can start talking about free agency early.

I agree COMPLETELY! Seattle is so unbeatable (even though...we already did), that they made chuck norris surrender.

I agree COMPLETELY! Seattle is so unbeatable (even though...we already did), that they made chuck norris surrender.

Let me put it this way......IF we were fortunate enough to make it all the way to the big one this year......I would welcome playing ANYONE from the NFC....bring it.

Let me put it this way......IF we were fortunate enough to make it all the way to the big one this year......I would welcome playing ANYONE from the NFC....bring it.

The superbowl is going to be cold/snowing/freezing rain in new york this year. Our type of play (running) combined with solid defense=we could possibly pull it out. The elements always derail high flying offenses. If we could draw the saints...even better.

Seattle still has to beat the 49ers which I find highly unlikely they will sweep them.

They are just like the Saints. Struggle on the road, blow teams out at home, and have a cupcake schedule, something we had in 2011 and you see how far it got us.

Didn't they just take the :bag: Saints to the woodshed last night?   :???:   Didn't realize they were considered cupcake  :funny:

That's right, take shots at my team because you know I'm right and you can't argue the point...your arrogance is so predictable.

We're not arrogant, but i'll be darned, if i'm going to run away with my tail between my legs to a team (seattle), which we've already beaten like a red headed step child. Yes, we're missing wayne...so what? Still the same defense that kicked grungelands teeth out.Don't worry about us,ok? You should concentrate not finishing below a team (JAX) that's desperately trying to lose, just so they can move to london.

Another thing I can be thankful for in life - that the Bills don't need to visit Seattle until 2016 - that place is just an absolute nightmare for opponents to play in. I think we'll have more luck trying to nab our first win in Gillette Stadium (seriously, we have not won in that place since it opened 11 years ago) sometime soon than winning out west, lol

I promise you that we would. They're vulnerable outside of starbucks land. Heck, we already punched them out once. Why not again?

It won't be on our dome and we won't have Reggie this time. Not saying we can't, but those two circumstances make it a lot less likely. Besides, the Colts are a dome team and will have to go on the road to cold weather stadiums to even get to the SB. It will be a tough road to a championship for us this year. Anything is possible as long as we get to the dance. I'm just not betting the bank on a ring this year.

It won't be on our dome and we won't have Reggie this time. Not saying we can't, but those two circumstances make it a lot less likely. Besides, the Colts are a dome team and will have to go on the road to cold weather stadiums to even get to the SB. It will be a tough road to a championship for us this year. Anything is possible as long as we get to the dance. I'm just not betting the bank on a ring this year.

And that's why the Colts are trying to be a balanced offense. Dome teams who chuck it all over the field 40 times a game don't do well in the elements come playoff time.

Another thing I can be thankful for in life - that the Bills don't need to visit Seattle until 2016 - that place is just an absolute nightmare for opponents to play in. I think we'll have more luck trying to nab our first win in Gillette Stadium (seriously, we have not won in that place since it opened 11 years ago) sometime soon than winning out west, lol

Y'all haven't even sniffed the playoffs & you're worried about when you'll play in Seattle? Lol

I don't see the Saints marching in there and getting revenge against the Seahawks.

I do see the Giants maybe doing it.

don't be too sure. More often than not teams who lost the 1st time win the 2nd- mega adjustment

Witness Rams beat NE in NE reg season  and lost in the SB.

We're not arrogant, but i'll be darned, if i'm going to run away with my tail between my legs to a team (seattle), which we've already beaten like a red headed step child. Yes, we're missing wayne...so what? Still the same defense that kicked grungelands teeth out.Don't worry about us,ok? You should concentrate not finishing below a team (JAX) that's desperately trying to lose, just so they can move to london.

Bwhaa? You beat them like a red headed step-child? Such arrogance. Child please.

The 49ers may end up being a very dangerous 6th seed IMO when all is said and done. Assuming they get the 6th seed though since the Saints/Panthers have tiebreakers over them right now.

49ers could beat Detroit easily IMO (assuming Detroit holds onto #3 but they have the tiebreaker over Dallas too but I won't get into the Eagles/Cowboys thing and I am not sure the Pack can salvage this season even if Rodgers makes a miracle return in good health). Besides the 49ers kinda own GB anyway so if I was Aaron I may just say lets get healthy for next year and play some actual defense.....

I would probably take SF too vs. Dallas/Philly.

49ers at Seahawks for the divisional could realistically happen.....and right now I am not sure I would count out SF who seems to be very forgotten right now.

I would rather be the second seed in the NFC actually the way it could set up.

In the AFC I am not too high on any of the WC contenders at the moment making serious noise; KC, Baltimore (no Ray Ray retirement story this year sorry birds....).

Bwhaa? You beat them like a red headed step-child? Such arrogance. Child please.

I've noticed you and a certain other texan fan doesn't visit our page very often lately. I wonder why? But i give you more credit for at least facing the music, unlike the other king of all trolls, which shall not be named, because just like 'candyman', if you say his name three times he'll appear.

I've noticed you and a certain other texan fan doesn't visit our page very often lately. I wonder why? But i give you more credit for at least facing the music, unlike the other king of all trolls, which shall not be named, because just like 'candyman', if you say his name three times he'll appear.

Since I'm the only other Texan fan here, I'll just assume you're talking about me. It's QwizBoy, not candyman by the way. Though I see the slightest mention of me in a thread warrants a like from Jvan, my biggest follower.  I was here after basically every loss this season and have been busy in school and work these past couple of weeks if you must know, since you are so concerned about me that you have to visit my profile and call me names in a Seahawk thread. I see that you're new here....get a few more posts before trying to call out a member who's been here for more than a year. You have no idea what my tendencies are, and you have a lot to learn noob.

As for this thread itself, yeah, the only team that could beat the Seahawks is perhaps the Patriots but it may not happen. I don't see another NFC team making it all the way and beating the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs.

I know teams get calls at home (not always, but the refs tend to benefit the home team)... But I honestly think Seattle and their whole "12th man" thing really influences the referees. There were criminal muggings by the Seahawks secondary that weren't called last night. I think the refs buy into it a bit. Just like in any other sport when a raucous crowd (think Duke in basketball) gets it going. Refs are human and they get caught up in it. It's called home field advantage for a reason. Similar in the NBA playoffs, home court is vital bc the road team never gets the benefit of the doubt. It's less extreme in the NFL, but it does happen. And in Seattle more than other venues. I'm not implicating the referees in any type of "rigging the game" scenarios, not at all. I just think that noise and crowd influences them to a degree not seen in other stadiums.