Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So...ummm Seattle clinched home field advantage?

bap1331

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos and all those imaginary wins with the Jets and Pats.

What are you talking about?

The Broncos dumped him.

He didn't win a single game for the Jets. They dumped him as well.

He never played a down for the Patriots.

He's a real winner all right.

Speaking of "All right" are you?

Seattle still has to beat the 49ers which I find highly unlikely they will sweep them.

They are just like the Saints. Struggle on the road, blow teams out at home, and have a cupcake schedule, something we had in 2011 and you see how far it got us.

Saints have the best road record over last 5 years, Mike and Mike loked it up and it's true.  Plus these two article would tend to support that-

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-deshazier/John-DeShazier-Saints-one-of-the-best-road-teams-in-the-NFL/f2d89a2e-9385-45bc-9760-32ef746900a9

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/925825-road-warriors-the-10-best-road-teams-in-the-nfl-since-2009/page/11

Look at looses for all the big and powerfult teams.  Likely they too were on the road. Perception can be funny thing at times.Colts were a huge road tem success until Painter Fiasco.  Still bet we are close to or in the 10 last 5 years.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions >>>>>>I hope you enjoyed this, because its never going to happen again. Do you want the texans to win the stinkbowl on thursday? If you do, then it might cost you the top pick.

I do. We don't intentionally suck to land star players. And think what you will, but we're a top QB away from reclaiming what is rightfully ours. Let the games begin....next year :thmup:

Because top qbs are so easy to come by

The way this team is headed, and with all the potential in the Draft, I think we'll be able to develop one. And assuming big coaching changes are made after this season, things should be looking quite a bit different next year. The only question is if it will be for better or for worse.

I do. We don't intentionally suck to land star players. And think what you will, but we're a top QB away from reclaiming what is rightfully ours. Let the games begin....next year :thmup:

It seems like they're tanking from a distance. You have no QB, will possibly need a new head coach, might lose johnson and tate in the offseason as well. No way you'll be competitive next year.

It seems like they're tanking from a distance. You have no QB, will possibly need a new head coach, might lose johnson and tate in the offseason as well. No way you'll be competitive next year.

Andre is frustrated (as he should be) but he's always said he wants to retire here, and if he wants it he is the one player we would never let walk. Tate is the tricky case. His value has gone up due to Foster's nagging hamstring/injuries, but he also wants to be a starter for sure. He knows he will always have a chance here due to Foster's history but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost him. Case plays well but he isn't our longterm, at least I don't think so, yet. If we draft well (we usually do) I could see us pulling a Colt-like turnaround. Don't forget, you guys made the playoffs after a stinky year too. Murphy's Law went into full effect for us this year though.

Andre is frustrated (as he should be) but he's always said he wants to retire here, and if he wants it he is the one player we would never let walk. Tate is the tricky case. His value has gone up due to Foster's nagging hamstring/injuries, but he also wants to be a starter for sure. He knows he will always have a chance here due to Foster's history but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost him. Case plays well but he isn't our longterm, at least I don't think so, yet. If we draft well (we usually do) I could see us pulling a Colt-like turnaround. Don't forget, you guys made the playoffs after a stinky year too. Murphy's Law went into full effect for us this year though.

Will the texan's let wade walk next year (there's talk of you guys switching to 4-3).

Will the texan's let wade walk next year (there's talk of you guys switching to 4-3).

Eh, Idk. His arrival and turnaround of the defense is what sent us into relevance in the first place. Honestly I like his scheme and his blitz-happy ways but at the same time we have too much talent to not consistently put up enough pressure/get off the field on the money down, not to mention competing well enough with elite QBs. The players (namely Watt) love him too, as does the fanbase of course (the whole Bum Phillips connection). If we do let him walk I would hope we get another big name guy. Or someone who knows what to do with all these chess pieces at his disposure. I'll welcome good change, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Whose talking of that switch? Certainly no one with a clue. They are likely making a coaching change in the off season so no one has a clue as to the defense they will run.

Peyton Manning is in Denver. If that can happen then Johnson can certainly be moved to another team.

Whose talking of that switch? Certainly no one with a clue. They are likely making a coaching change in the off season so no one has a clue as to the defense they will run.

I've chatted with other texan fan's and they've mentioned the rumor. Don't know, if true or not.

I've chatted with other texan fan's and they've mentioned the rumor. Don't know, if true or not.

Dear God...

Like I said - no one with a clue.

Be better than that and use your head. They are likely making a coaching change so anyone saying they are making a switch to a 4-3 has zero idea of what they are talking about.

Dear God...

Like I said - no one with a clue.

Be better than that and use your head. They are likely making a coaching change so anyone saying they are making a switch to a 4-3 has zero idea of what they are talking about.

Oh lordy. :facepalm:

Was just a rumor that i've heard from texan fan's that actually live in houston. I have the unfortunate pleasure of having a brother and step uncle as texan fan's. Like i previously stated, its not factual, just a grapevine type of deal.

Oh lordy. :facepalm:

Was just a rumor that i've heard from texan fan's that actually live in houston. I have the unfortunate pleasure of having a brother and step uncle as texan fan's. Like i previously stated, its not factual, just a grapevine type of deal.

And like I said previously - no one with a clue is saying that. If you view things with a discerning eye you would be able to see that such statements make no sense thus saving you from looking foolish when posting what you heard from these obvious football savants.

I am hear to help. You would be wise to heed my advice.

And like I said previously - no one with a clue is saying that. If you view things with a discerning eye you would be able to see that such statements make no sense thus saving you from looking foolish when posting what you heard from these obvious football savants.

I am hear to help. You would be wise to heed my advice.

Yes...yes! Its true...jskinnz is a all knowing football god! We mere mortals are not worthy of such a brilliant mind and intellectual giant such as yourself. Its such an honor, even to get feedback from a muse.

More evidence that this internet/message board debate thing is not for you.

Luck will be the standard that other QB's are measured for his generation.

It's looking like he'll be a good QB that plays for 2 or 3 teams over 13 or so years. We'll see.

Don't worry yourself about me and the interweb thingy. I'm just fine but appreciate your concern.  

It's looking like he'll be a good QB that plays for 2 or 3 teams over 13 or so years. We'll see.

Don't worry yourself about me and the interweb thingy. I'm just fine but appreciate your concern.  

Ah the 10 > 12 guy is on a role again.

We got some real entertainers here.

More evidence that this internet/message board debate thing is not for you.

Luck will be the standard that other QB's are measured for his generation.

I like Luck but right now the standard is Russell Wilson and also Cam Newton. Luck I think will improve as the team around him improves like Newton this year. But right now he is not there yet.

Peyton Manning is in Denver. If that can happen then Johnson can certainly be moved to another team.

Peyton Manning had 4 neck surgeries. Andre is just angry that things didn't turn out like they were supposed to this season. It's a very different situation but I do see what you're saying.

Only thing I want to add to this thread is if the winless (at the time) Bucs almost beat the Seahawks in Seattle until the Bucs imploded in the fourth quarter, then it is not IMPOSSIBLE for us or any other playoff team to give them the business at home and knock them out of the playoffs.

So many factors go into playoff games. The Seahawks may try to be too perfect or another scenario, catch the playoff jitters and choke at home, you never know! That's why they take the field folks...

Ah the 10 > 12 guy is on a role again.

We got some real entertainers here.

Perhaps soon the 12 part may become reality. I'm more of the "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched type". For now Welker has no contract for next season. He has 4 regular season games and one playoff game to avoid injury.

Yes...yes! Its true...jskinnz is a all knowing football god! We mere mortals are not worthy of such a brilliant mind and intellectual giant such as yourself. Its such an honor, even to get feedback from a muse.

Curious - what are those genuises that told about Houston going to a 4-3 next year saying now?

Who would have thought that Russell was the best of that QB class by a long shot?

Who has handed the Seahawks their only loss of the season thus far?

Oh yes........the Colts. And Luck.

You know Luck is 1-0 vs. Wilson.

Cause Pats fans brag about Brady's record over Peyton so I figure I could use it in this case too.

No one is  beating Seattle and Harvin will be healthy. The Patriots have the best chance but without Wilfork Seattle would run all over them.  This could turn into a dynasty because they don't have to pay Wilson for a while.

Any team can beat Seattle. The way you make it sound is they might as well just give them the Lombardi now. The Super Bowl isn't in Seattle btw.

panters annd maybe arizona cause of ther d

Seattle dominated the Cardinals in Arizona at a time they weren't playing well. Seattle will not lose an important game at home. The only chance anyone has at beating them in Seattle is if the Seahawks have the number 1 seed secured and sit Wilson, Lynch and other key starters.