Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

players I dont expect back next year

CR91

satale- give the reins over to holmes and see what he can do plus it saves us 4 mil as his contract would only cost us 1 mil in dead money

bradshaw- more of a crowded back ordeal as I expect us to resign brown to something like 3 years 9 mil.

bethea- as sad as I am to write this, I think his time is up as hes just not the same player he use to be. hes an average tackler and his coverage skills have diminished. I would be essentic if we can get byrd in the FA as I cant see him playing under the tag again and it doesnt seem like the bills want to pay him

dhb-I was his biggest supporter and yet he really is useless. I dont understand you can have all the tools he has and cant use them. maybe hes kept just for depth purposes, but if rogers emerges like some here think he will then dhb is gone.

mcglynn or reitz- both are FAs and I can't see us signing both of them back.

mathews or moala- honestly I cant see us signing either of them for some reason the team likes mathews go figure.

franklin- hes been good, but I think he was just a one year fill in for chapman and hughes

angerer or connor- money is on connor being gone. for some reason the coaching staff doesnt like him.

vaughn- I think sheldon price on the PS will replace him

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satele has one more year in his contract after this year he's the only one on your list I'd be surprised if he's gone. Don't get me wrong I would welcome it if he is gone I just don't know if Grigson will release him.

from a financial stand point it makes sense to cut him

Well, DHB is gone, I am hoping Da'Rick Rogers can come in and perform and possibly be a starter next season, if not, I like Emmanual Sanders. Give Khaled Holmes a shot at center, so your line is Costanzo/Thomas/Holmes/Thornton/Cherilus. Maybe get Jairius Byrd, if not re-sign Bethea, or give Delano Howell a shot, Howell looked good while filling in for Landry. Then either go draft a MLB or sign one that can replace Angerer, and we get Dwayne Allen and Reggie Wayne back and BOOM! Super Bowl!

Brown.

Its true ....House....

The coaches really want Trent Richardson to get most of the carries.

Brown is not the collision-style power runner Chuck and Pep want.....they brought in 2 guys to replace Brown....this year alone

Vic Ballard is coming back...and they'll draft another smash mouth guy

It'll be Richardson and Ballard and rookies

Its true ....House....

The coaches really want Trent Richardson to get most of the carries.

Brown is not the collision-style power runner Chuck and Pep want.....they brought in 2 guys to replace Brown....this year alone

Vic Ballard is coming back...and they'll draft another smash mouth guy

It'll be Richardson and Ballard and rookies

I think if he continues at his current pace, he's likely going to be looking for more money and years than we will be willing to investing in ANOTHER RB.

I think if he continues at his current pace, he's likely going to be looking for more money and years than we will be willing to investing in ANOTHER RB.

Its time to move on...I just hope, for the Colts sake, he goes to the NFC...(NOLA, Phily) because he's giving hints he could be a factor as a 3rd down guy behind a good line

satale- give the reins over to holmes and see what he can do plus it saves us 4 mil as his contract would only cost us 1 mil in dead money

bradshaw- more of a crowded back ordeal as I expect us to resign brown to something like 3 years 9 mil.

bethea- as sad as I am to write this, I think his time is up as hes just not the same player he use to be. hes an average tackler and his coverage skills have diminished. I would be essentic if we can get byrd in the FA as I cant see him playing under the tag again and it doesnt seem like the bills want to pay him

dhb-I was his biggest supporter and yet he really is useless. I dont understand you can have all the tools he has and cant use them. maybe hes kept just for depth purposes, but if rogers emerges like some here think he will then dhb is gone.

mathews or moala- honestly I cant see us signing either of them for some reason the team likes mathews go figure.

franklin- hes been good, but I think he was just a one year fill in for chapman and hughes

angerer or connor- money is on connor being gone. for some reason the coaching staff doesnt like him.

The only problem I have with your list is Mcglynn. I can see Grigs resigning him as a towel boy/new O-Line coach. That way, he can teach all the lineman what not to do.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If it's true we can cut toler and it not hurt us we need to

I disagree.  Even if we get a better #2 corner, we have a severe lack of depth at CB.  5 mil a year is alot for a 3rd or 4th corner, but with all the injuries we've had I don't want us to give up on Toler until we have 4 guys on the roster better than him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

again I am all for it I just don't know if I think Grigson thinks Satele is as bad as we think he is.

Keep in my it's not Grigson's decision that Satele is still starting, it's Pagano's.

I disagree. Even if we get a better #2 corner, we have a severe lack of depth at CB. 5 mil a year is alot for a 3rd or 4th corner, but with all the injuries we've had I don't want us to give up on Toler until we have 4 guys on the roster better than him.

True but we cut him his money will help us get another player possibly

Guest TeamLoloJones

True but we cut him his money will help us get another player possibly

If we become strapped for cash, then yes you have a point.  But we will have no cap issues what so ever for another 2 years.  I say let him finish out his contract unless we get a handful of better CBs that make him expendable.  And even then the smarter idea would be to ask him to re-work his deal if he's no long the starter.

If we become strapped for cash, then yes you have a point. But we will have no cap issues what so ever for another 2 years. I say let him finish out his contract unless we get a handful of better CBs that make him expendable. And even then the smarter idea would be to ask him to re-work his deal if he's no long the starter.

Yeah but I'm hoping were gonna go after some of the better players in FA to really put us over the hump and they will cost a little more

There is only one guy right now I am so wishing he is off this team next year.  Satele its you.  Sorry dude but your time has come. You have made your money now its time for someone else to take your job.  I know some of you are wishing DHB as well but i am still hoping this guy comes around.  Ya I know of his drop issues ive seen every colts game this year.  But i feel its more of a coaching issue than a DHB issue.  Its all about confidence and rhythm and I am just not seeing it on offence.  So if I was Pep I would be getting him involved in this offence and go from there.  Give him one game and throw his way at least 10 times and see what he can do.  Once his targets go up and he still doesn't produce, than I would say cut him.  But until then I say keep him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

There is only one guy right now I am so wishing he is off this team next year.  Satele its you.  Sorry dude but your time has come. You have made your money now its time for someone else to take your job.

It's not just that Satele is the worst starter on the team, but he's going to make $5 Million + next year.  There is no way that can stay status quo without me throwing a hissy fit.

Brown probably wont be back.  I say bring back Bradshaw, he should be cheap and would be easily replaced if he got injured again

I am done with bringing in guys with a history of injuries.  It seems they just cannot stay healthy.  Brown has been very solid and healthy.  I would like to see him back.  Our FA's starters this year that have been hurt (Landry, Toler, Sidbury[maybe a starter?], Thomas, Bradshaw, Havili).  Starters that were on the team last year and got hurt this year (Conner).  The problem i have with your statement is EASILY REPLACED.  If you remember he got hurt this year.  How did we replace him?  i'll tell you how.  We spent a freakin first round pick replacing him.  That is not easily replaced my friend, and how is that 1st round pick doing?

There is only one guy right now I am so wishing he is off this team next year. Satele its you. Sorry dude but your time has come. You have made your money now its time for someone else to take your job. I know some of you are wishing DHB as well but i am still hoping this guy comes around. Ya I know of his drop issues ive seen every colts game this year. But i feel its more of a coaching issue than a DHB issue. Its all about confidence and rhythm and I am just not seeing it on offence. So if I was Pep I would be getting him involved in this offence and go from there. Give him one game and throw his way at least 10 times and see what he can do. Once his targets go up and he still doesn't produce, than I would say cut him. But until then I say keep him.

coaching issue with dhb? That is ridiculous.

coaching issue with dhb? That is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?  You build his confidence by throwing him the ball.  All I'm saying is I would like to see him be involved in a gameplan.  Give him a chance to take over a game, give him some targets in a game.  Then from there we can see what we truly have.

Why is it ridiculous? You build his confidence by throwing him the ball. All I'm saying is I would like to see him be involved in a gameplan. Give him a chance to take over a game, give him some targets in a game. Then from there we can see what we truly have.

he has been in the league for years. He is a wr that can't catch. He will never take over a game. That is not on the coaches

No way Donald Brown returns - we already brought in 2 guys this season alone (Bradshaw, Richardson, Herron) just to replace him. I see us going with Richardson, Ballard next season, with another power back.

Satele gone.

McGlynn maybe back as backup C on 1-2 year contract.

Connor gone.

Angerer depends.

Matthews gone, Moala stays.

Another MLB drafted to replace Angerer, and more retooling along the OL and DL.

i love this idea, but i wish they would bring price up now and send vaughn to the practice squad. would save us the heart ache in watching receivers beat vaughn all game. 

Satele has one more year in his contract after this year he's the only one on your list I'd be surprised if he's gone. Don't get me wrong I would welcome it if he is gone I just don't know if Grigson will release him.

Good Gawd!  I hope we aren't stuck with him for another year....cripes sake, enough is enough!

Satele- Gone. For the love of all things good, get rid of that guy. I have yelled my throat raw watching the other teams constantly double a-gap blitz over Satele. 

Bradshaw- Keep. He's a 1k runner, been to two super bowls. His knowledge can help Ballard and Richardson a lot in the next year or two. Remember the 2007 NY Giants with their Earth, Wind and Fire running game? That is what I would like to see between the three RBs.

Bethea- Keep. He's a good compliment to Landry's more physical play style and he has been a mainstay of the Colts defense for a long time. Yeah, he's had a rough year but he's also been asked to do things he traditionally hasn't been asked to do, such as cover in man defense, etc.

DHB- Keep. He's cheap, and he's a solid #3-4 WR. I would not mind if our Receiving Corps looked like #1/Slot: Wayne #2 TY #3/#1 Da'Rick Rogers #4 DHB #5 Brazill.

McGlynn and Reitz- Gone, if we can fill the gaps, though I would rather keep one of them and jettison Linkenbach if possible.

Matthews adn Moala- Gone. Neither have really done anything, and our D-Line consisting of RJF, Chapman, Hughes, and Redding is a-ok by me.

Franklin- Keep for the right price. You can never have too many D-Linemen, and Franklin does manage to produce fairly well. He's also a veteran mind in the locker room to compliment Redding for the younger men.

Angerer or Connor- Trade and release. Maybe get a 5th (wishing) or later (read: 7th) pick for Angerer to a team that works the 4-3 defense which is where his home is. He's not solid as a 3-4 Inside linebacker, Conner won't bring anything in trade bait, so release him and fill the spot with either another linebacker or maybe a CB/Safety type player akin to Tyrann Mathieu

Vaughn- Keep. While most Colts fan grumble when he's on the field, he's a cheap stopgap player that has shown flashes of brilliance through the muck and mire.

My two cents.

There is only one guy right now I am so wishing he is off this team next year.  Satele its you.  Sorry dude but your time has come. You have made your money now its time for someone else to take your job.  I know some of you are wishing DHB as well but i am still hoping this guy comes around.  Ya I know of his drop issues ive seen every colts game this year.  But i feel its more of a coaching issue than a DHB issue.  Its all about confidence and rhythm and I am just not seeing it on offence.  So if I was Pep I would be getting him involved in this offence and go from there.  Give him one game and throw his way at least 10 times and see what he can do.  Once his targets go up and he still doesn't produce, than I would say cut him.  But until then I say keep him.

JMO but his route running is a bigger issue than his hands. I do wish DHB the best.

I want to give Bradshaw one last chance. He's getting old but worth a try. We can plan him as a 3rd stringer. Then have some backups in the practice squad