Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

players I dont expect back next year

CR91

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Bradshaw but it would be hard to pay decent bucks for a guy who has that injury history..

He's got to go someplace else, too...Maybe back to the NYGs

Whoa OUM, Bradshaw can play when healthy & he's leaps & bounds better than Richardson right now. You don't release our best thumper work horse not by a long shot IMHO.  

No way Donald Brown returns - we already brought in 2 guys this season alone (Bradshaw, Richardson, Herron) just to replace him. I see us going with Richardson, Ballard next season, with another power back.

Satele gone.

McGlynn maybe back as backup C on 1-2 year contract.

Connor gone.

Angerer depends.

Matthews gone, Moala stays.

Another MLB drafted to replace Angerer, and more retooling along the OL and DL.

Why in the world would you say that rock8591? He's our most productive back this season. Grigs isn't gonna release him in a million years. What do you expect Luck to throw every down? I don't think so. I'm no leader of the Brown fan club, but solid production is solid production & reliability keeps Brown on the roster plain & simple. 

brown, satele, bethea, DHB

DHB is definitely gone. He can't catch anything moving & he jumps to much for passes & leaves his feet when it's completely unnecessary. How old is Bethea anyway? Satele...I have seen enough. Cut him. Brown...He has been in INDY for a long time & I wish he would fight for more yards as opposed to collapsing like a house of cards from a stiff breeze. But, at least Brown can cut & he has decent vision.

Richardson, on the other hand, always runs where no holes exist & his speed looks lethargic & severely lacking. Is it a shaken confidence? Is it a limited understanding of Hamilton's playbook? Has anyone seen a great run from Richardson since that Niners game? Nope. I'm kind worried about Trent right now & I have no faith in him at all. 

Jarius Byrd wants to be the NFL's top paid safety, do we have the money for that? along with signing much need free agents offensive linemen? We NEED offensive linemen through FA this year. a HIGH QUALITY Center and a decent guard to protect Luck and open up some running room for Richardson. I would also like to see a decent WR either brought in through FA or drafted high. I love Free agency it is exciting, cant wait for it..  I love my Colts wish them the best... stay Coltstrong

Whoa OUM, Bradshaw can play when healthy & he's leaps & bounds better than Richardson right now. You don't release our best thumper work horse not by a long shot IMHO.

Why in the world would you say that rock8591? He's our most productive back this season. Grigs isn't gonna release him in a million years. What do you expect Luck to throw every down? I don't think so. I'm no leader of the Brown fan club, but solid production is solid production & reliability keeps Brown on the roster plain & simple.

donald brown is out of here after the season

I don't know if it was Bradshaw potentially not being 100% or said person only being used late in the game. But I believe that Herron has been the best "thumper" running back for us. 

I'd love to have both Bradshaw and Brown back but I can't see us carrying 5 running backs (provided Herron stays and i really want him to stay) My bet is Brown stays.

donald brown is out of here after the season

Perhaps dudeski, but a devoted sect of INDY fans constantly calls for Brown's dismal & yet he always manages to remain on the Colts roster. I will believe it only when I see the press conference.

Pagano raves about Brown. When the HC sings your praises, a zip code change does not transpire. 

Satale has zero chance of counting 5 mill against next years cap.

Bethea is worth a small contract and will test the free agent market.

Brown probably will also test the market .

Angerer will be gone.

Those 4 guys are favorites to play elsewhere in 2014. 

Two other with a lessor chance might be McAfee and how about Redding at 3.6 mill ?

Perhaps dudeski, but a devoted sect of INDY fans constantly calls for Brown's dismal & yet he always manages to remain on the Colts roster. I will believe it only when I see the press conference.

Pagano raves about Brown. When the HC sings your praises, a zip code change does not transpire.

pagano raves about every player

I don't know if it was Bradshaw potentially not being 100% or said person only being used late in the game. But I believe that Herron has been the best "thumper" running back for us. 

I'd love to have both Bradshaw and Brown back but I can't see us carrying 5 running backs (provided Herron stays and i really want him to stay) My bet is Brown stays.

I remember Bradshaw running for the NY Giants at  SB XLVI inside LOS. If he's even 75% healthy, he is like a Ferrari next to Herron easy. Herron has been a workable replacement that's true, but a fit Bradshaw is like a winning lottery ticket. If we can get anywhere near the endzone, within the 20 yard line. Ka Ching! 

Normally, I would agree with you, except that when Pagano goes on & on about Brown I sometimes think they need to get a room. :P There's praise & then there's idolization...JMO...

the only way brown comes back is vet minimum. The guy just isn't that good

I remember Bradshaw running for the NY Giants at  SB XLVI inside LOS. If he's even 75% healthy, he is like a Ferrari next to Herron easy. Herron has been a workable replacement that's true, but a fit Bradshaw is like a winning lottery ticket. If we can get anywhere near the endzone, within the 20 yard line. Ka Ching! 

I never saw that superbowl game, wasn't feeling too good so i went to sleep instead. Never got round to watching it.

I'll take your word for it then, and here's hoping that if we keep Bradshaw he's healthy with a much improved oline. Think that has been another factor out of his favor this season.

Ballard was already a slow RB, don't think that knee is going to help his cause in the speed department. Hope Brown gets resigned

He wasn't the fastest of all running backs but i don't think he was too slow either. He looked really fast on that TD flip he did against the titans last year.

he has been in the league for years. He is a wr that can't catch. He will never take over a game. That is not on the coaches

Its true he has been in the league for years, I think this is his fifth year.  In those five years he's had J Russel, J Campbell, B Gradkowski, C Palmer and A Luck for QB's.  In the past five years he's had 4 head coaches, each with a new OC.  Worst of all he was drafted by the Oakland Raiders which in itself is a recipe for disaster and he was drafted way to high which adds more pressure.  Now I want to make this clear I am in no way trying to justify all his drops, which he has alot of, but I think any reciever would have alot of drops if those QB's are throwing you the ball.  I'm just saying this is a good kid with a good work ethic and just want to see him get a fair shot with the right team.  Look at what happened to Fleener now that he is part of this offence, he is alot more consistant and is not dropping ball like he used to.

Its true he has been in the league for years, I think this is his fifth year. In those five years he's had J Russel, J Campbell, B Gradkowski, C Palmer and A Luck for QB's. In the past five years he's had 4 head coaches, each with a new OC. Worst of all he was drafted by the Oakland Raiders which in itself is a recipe for disaster and he was drafted way to high which adds more pressure. Now I want to make this clear I am in no way trying to justify all his drops, which he has alot of, but I think any reciever would have alot of drops if those QB's are throwing you the ball. I'm just saying this is a good kid with a good work ethic and just want to see him get a fair shot with the right team. Look at what happened to Fleener now that he is part of this offence, he is alot more consistant and is not dropping ball like he used to.

your take makes no sense. Based on zero reality. Just fanboy optimism. The guy is trash

the only way brown comes back is vet minimum. The guy just isn't that good

I don't hate Brown; I don't love Brown. He's just a guy that works hard & isn't exceptional by any means. I appreciate his contributions in INDY & I wouldn't shed a tear if he departed as long as Richardson shows meaningful progress forward next season.

If we lose Brown & Richardson continues to regress, no one who loves the Blue Horseshoe will be happy at all. I will give Trent time to improve, but I'd be lying if I failed to acknowledge that I have some reservations here. 

Bethea, DHB, Satele, Angerer, Bradshaw and Mcglynn are locks to be gone next year. Bradshaw was good but too big of an injury risk and with Ballard returning and hopefully improvement from Richardson, RB won't be a need. I think will draft a WR and FS to replace Bethea and DHB and sign Donald Butler at ILB. Alex Mack will probably be the first FA Grigson goes after and might make him the highest paid C in the league.... but similar to Cherilus deal it'll be worth it and Satele will be cut.

Bethea, DHB, Satele, Angerer, Bradshaw and Mcglynn are locks to be gone next year. Bradshaw was good but too big of an injury risk and with Ballard returning and hopefully improvement from Richardson, RB won't be a need. I think will draft a WR and FS to replace Bethea and DHB and sign Donald Butler at ILB. Alex Mack will probably be the first FA Grigson goes after and might make him the highest paid C in the league.... but similar to Cherilus deal it'll be worth it and Satele will be cut.

mack won't come free

Bethea is much like Angerer; lots of tackles, that doesn't necessarily mean great player.

Bethea has been a good player for us for a lot of years and frankly is probably the best player to come out of the sixth round of the NFL draft since Tom Brady.

With that said, he just hasn't worked too well in the new defense and at least to me looks a step slow now.  I think the Colts will move on from him at the end of the season. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

no

I mean Mack won't be available. He isn't leaving Cleveland

I don't see why Cleveland would let him walk.  But Mack could want to go somewhere else.

Guest TeamLoloJones

franchise tag

What other big free agents do the Browns have?  They could tag him.

T.J. Ward is their only other big name free agent. I would sign Mack if I was the Browns GM, but sometimes teams let good players go, for no good reason.

satale- give the reins over to holmes and see what he can do plus it saves us 4 mil as his contract would only cost us 1 mil in dead money

bradshaw- more of a crowded back ordeal as I expect us to resign brown to something like 3 years 9 mil.

bethea- as sad as I am to write this, I think his time is up as hes just not the same player he use to be. hes an average tackler and his coverage skills have diminished. I would be essentic if we can get byrd in the FA as I cant see him playing under the tag again and it doesnt seem like the bills want to pay him

dhb-I was his biggest supporter and yet he really is useless. I dont understand you can have all the tools he has and cant use them. maybe hes kept just for depth purposes, but if rogers emerges like some here think he will then dhb is gone.

mcglynn or reitz- both are FAs and I can't see us signing both of them back.

mathews or moala- honestly I cant see us signing either of them for some reason the team likes mathews go figure.

franklin- hes been good, but I think he was just a one year fill in for chapman and hughes

angerer or connor- money is on connor being gone. for some reason the coaching staff doesnt like him.

vaughn- I think sheldon price on the PS will replace him

Great post! I totally agree!

Satele- Gone. For the love of all things good, get rid of that guy. I have yelled my throat raw watching the other teams constantly double a-gap blitz over Satele. 

Bradshaw- Keep. He's a 1k runner, been to two super bowls. His knowledge can help Ballard and Richardson a lot in the next year or two. Remember the 2007 NY Giants with their Earth, Wind and Fire running game? That is what I would like to see between the three RBs.

Bethea- Keep. He's a good compliment to Landry's more physical play style and he has been a mainstay of the Colts defense for a long time. Yeah, he's had a rough year but he's also been asked to do things he traditionally hasn't been asked to do, such as cover in man defense, etc.

DHB- Keep. He's cheap, and he's a solid #3-4 WR. I would not mind if our Receiving Corps looked like #1/Slot: Wayne #2 TY #3/#1 Da'Rick Rogers #4 DHB #5 Brazill.

McGlynn and Reitz- Gone, if we can fill the gaps, though I would rather keep one of them and jettison Linkenbach if possible.

Matthews adn Moala- Gone. Neither have really done anything, and our D-Line consisting of RJF, Chapman, Hughes, and Redding is a-ok by me.

Franklin- Keep for the right price. You can never have too many D-Linemen, and Franklin does manage to produce fairly well. He's also a veteran mind in the locker room to compliment Redding for the younger men.

Angerer or Connor- Trade and release. Maybe get a 5th (wishing) or later (read: 7th) pick for Angerer to a team that works the 4-3 defense which is where his home is. He's not solid as a 3-4 Inside linebacker, Conner won't bring anything in trade bait, so release him and fill the spot with either another linebacker or maybe a CB/Safety type player akin to Tyrann Mathieu

Vaughn- Keep. While most Colts fan grumble when he's on the field, he's a cheap stopgap player that has shown flashes of brilliance through the muck and mire.

My two cents.

I don't agree on DHB he's gone. I don't agree on Vaughn he's gone. I do agree on Bradshaw. But I don't agree on Franklin unless he takes a major pay cut because Chapman will emerge. But I do agree on mcglynn and Satele they should be gone if there is any justice. 

There is only one guy right now I am so wishing he is off this team next year.  Satele its you.  Sorry dude but your time has come. You have made your money now its time for someone else to take your job.  I know some of you are wishing DHB as well but i am still hoping this guy comes around.  Ya I know of his drop issues ive seen every colts game this year.  But i feel its more of a coaching issue than a DHB issue.  Its all about confidence and rhythm and I am just not seeing it on offence.  So if I was Pep I would be getting him involved in this offence and go from there.  Give him one game and throw his way at least 10 times and see what he can do.  Once his targets go up and he still doesn't produce, than I would say cut him.  But until then I say keep him.

I totally disagree!!