Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrible OL play [Merge]

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

When Luck is pressured and throws a pick six, it's the lines fault. When Richardson is pressured and loses yards, it's Richardsons fault.

and when Luck holds the ball way too long and get's sacked it's the o-line's fault. 

I am not saying the o-line has been good because they haven't but they have help struggling at times. 

he just not a number 1 wr he has big play potential but only connects with luck on 50 percent targets he could improve

He's a second year player as is Luck so I am sure both will get better.  Is he a number one?  Not sure I have ever truly bought that he was.  Colts really need to focus on finding a future number one WR some where this off-season.  Worst case scenario is that you end up with two of them if Hilton is a number one guy. 

I know everyone likes to blame him for his play calling but how come we never talk about our offensive line coaches. According to Colts.com, here are the 3 coaches:

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches.html

-Joe Gilbert -Offensive Line Coach

-Frank Griufre-Offensive Quality Control

-Has Hunter-Assistant Offensive Line Coach

Theyre all also responsible for making sure our offensive line protects Luck. It's about strategy too and of they are not taught the right way, how are we supposed to succeed. I'm sure Grigson knew they had talent, they're just not being trained right.

I know we blame Pep, but his job is to play call...

I'm gonna wait patiently.... for 1 more week. We have to change SOMETHING. I just feel like our staff doesn't want to win. Oh donald brown is getting hot?  let's give him 2 carries. Richardson is stinking our offense up? let's make him our starter. Toler needs to come back next week if we wan't any shot at playing good defense.

I think it's a combination of young coaching, young players, little help from the defense and special teams in giving them a short field, and injuries.

I wouldn't blame the defense at all... Our offense goes 3 and out most of the game and the defense gets tired

Play calling is horrendous, simply horrendous...

How does this guy keep his job after this, he'd be walking home from this game if I had anything to do with it

He's not going to be here next year. If anything I would rather demote him. We just can't make a change mid season with a good record

I wouldn't blame the defense at all... Our offense goes 3 and out most of the game and the defense gets tired

Defense hasn't had a pick since the Denver game and hardly ever gives the offense a short field and is getting down three scores in the first half more weeks than not lately.  While the offense isn't playing well the defense isn't helping them. 

Imagine being an offensive coordinator, and your QB is Andrew Luck. you would think that the offense, at worst would be in the top 10, maybe top 15?

With Pep, we are in the bottom third. I get that we've had injuries, but at no time was our offense a high-flying offense.

Pep Hamilton and Pagano are why were struggling. Run the ball and stop the run is getting kind of old now. Hiring Pagano wasn't a good decision from the start i wanted Gruden, Arians or Pete Carmichael. As a person he's one of the best guys in the league, as a coach he's in the bottom 5. Were trying to be a power running team with pass first personnel.

Last year it was "Arians calls passes too much and for too many deep routes".. this year "its too conservative". Common denominator = It starts up front and this O-line still stinks. Even when opposing defenses only rush 4-5 lineman they still get pressure on Luck. Until that gets addressed it really doesn't matter what plays are called.  

Yep. We all need to cast the first stone at a good offensive line before anyone else. 

Any QB who has time to throw will shred any secondary apart. Look no further than the majority QBs we have faced so far and what they have done to our secondary. We are not very good in bringing pressure consistently.

If our o-line can consistently give Luck time where he feels a lot more comfortable in the pocket, he will score almost at will.

Imagine being an offensive coordinator, and your QB is Andrew Luck. you would think that the offense, at worst would be in the top 10, maybe top 15?

With Pep, we are in the bottom third. I get that we've had injuries, but at no time was our offense a high-flying offense.

Yeah, but Pep has no NFL experience at OC...he is learning on the job...just like Pagano is learning on the job at HC.

Arians can run circles around both these guys at either job...but he has a ton of NFL experience.

I suppose we have to put up with amateur HC and OC for a couple of years...unless Big Jim pulls the plug on them 'learning on the job' at his expense and replaces them with an experienced NFL HC and experienced NFL OC.

Pep would be okay if he would transition away from the power run game we do not have the personnel to run and into more of a west coast offense.  I thought that's what he was hired to do.  It's been 11 games and I still have no idea what this team's offensive identity is.  Basically, it's: say a prayer and hope Luck can save you in the 2nd half. 

Offensive play calling needs to be changed.  We suck at converting 3rd downs, and cannot obtain long drives.  Pep Hamilton is not getting it done.  This isn't college football where you get to hold the ball for 5mins.  We wanted to run the ball to protect Luck and not repeat how many hits he took last year.  And yet it seems like he's getting hit more than ever.  By the way we've been playing I really think we are the worst all around team in the NFL, next to the jags.  We gave up 27 pts to the titans.  Its not even fun watching the colts play and yet i force myself to do so.

This is the same story as when Peyton was here. Peyton had to carry everyone and make up for every mistake the defense made. Then we had five capable players on the entire field and now we have 2 it would be three if Reggie weren't injured. Jim Mora is the best coach we had since Shula. We need a coach that doesn't want to be liked by everyone and then we will get players that have to produce to play.