Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love this Pep offense/We're bad (Official blame thread) (MEGAMERGE)

dw49

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea everytime we lose a game from the dolphins loss it's been, "this team sucks" "fire this guy" "fire Pep" "Broncos will beat us 42-0" "OL sucks" so on and so forth.

After every loss it's the same thing, like people are expecting a 16-0 season and act shocked when we lose and the season is over. Same ol forum when we lose.

So is it acceptable to play how we've been playing lately?

are you naive to think that pagano does not have a say in the defensive gameplan and play calling?And his name is manusky not munsky

Never said chuck doesn't have a say so....but he doesn't make much calls on either side of the ball period with that said manusky is trash at the play calling

lmao

If it takes for us to get blown out every week to make the coaches change some things, I'm on board

I don't get to see most of our games anyway so these blowouts don't affect me lol

Let's go get blown out again next week! Whoo! Yay Colts!

*takes your apple juice*

You're cut off, fella. *sniffs* Hey, this isn't apple juice...

Not saying I'm not a fan, I've been a die hard fan my whole life. But this team is just playing so terribly. It's pretty hard to think we can win anything at all when the team is playing this bad.

You do not have to explain yourself. I have been watching the colts longer than most of these posters have been  breathing air. This does suck no matter how you slice it. Political correctness has infiltrated the NFL with the bullying of 300 lbsers and in this forum with all the homers with only positive things to say. Only an * would say by. Loosing faith is a common problem with being a colt fan. A couple of years ago I gave my season tickets away, moved to Denver and moved on with life. But I still watch, but it does not determine what kind of weekend I have.

So is it acceptable to play how we've been playing lately?

You get beat you get beat, learn from it move on to next game.

Only thing I would say is, you can't keep doing the samething expecting different results. But I'm not about to sit here and say this team sucks and act like the season is over just because we lost a game. 16 game season. A team who has beat the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos doesn't suck they're just in a funk right now

starting next week change the RG and C

play DaRick Rogers

get out of that 3/4D and put some serious pressure on the qb

I don't care if the rookie C Holmes is not ready he needs to start and put Reitz at RG. we need to start looking toward the playoffs now. this team will not win any more games in regular season let along the play offs if we happen to back into them

Just because people want a change at RG and C doesn't mean the replacements are better (also note the LG has struggled as well he just goes unnoticed because the fans like him)

Rogers is a complete unknown who has never played a snap in the NFL and can't get on the field over David Reed who has never been thought of as a WR in the NFL.  Given the Colts struggle at WRs this year if Rogers was the answer to the Colts prayers like fans want him to be he wouldn't have spent all this time on our PS either we would have called him up before now or another team would have snapped him up.  He might be able to give us some help but I honestly doubt he's going to come in and make us forget Reggie Wayne and have our offense just snap to life.

You don't just get out of the 3/4 defense.  You either play a 3/4 or a 4/3 and that change is hard enough to make in a complete off-season let a lone in the middle of the season.  Now if the Colts could mix in some zone defense in their secondary to go with their man-to-man I would be all for that. 

This team is not anything close to the team the Colts started the year with.  They have just been eaten up by injuries.  The Colts have lost two starting level running backs, their starting left guard, their best tight end, and Hall of Fame WR all for the year in the first half of the season.  You can only take so many body blows like that before you can't over come it. 

With that said, if this team beats the Titans next week they really should win the South this year.  The goal right now is get into the playoffs and see what's there when you get there.  Hopefully it makes this team better for the future. 

Look on the bright side, you will win the division, you will be in the playoffs, you just need to get hot at the right time. The Ravens lost four of five to end the regular season , but got healthy and won it all. Getting guys back would help. The Colts have shown they can beat the best, but then inexplicably get blown out by mediocre teams. A very confusing team.

You get beat you get beat, learn from it move on to next game.

Only thing I would say is, you can't keep doing the samething expecting different results. But I'm not about to sit here and say this team sucks and act like the season is over just because we lost a game. 16 game season. A team who has beat the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos doesn't suck they're just in a funk right now

But this team hasn't learned from anything

But this team hasn't learned from anything

Completely agree.

How many games in a row have they fallen behind double digits since the win against the Broncos? Every single game since.

What is the definition of insanity?

I would like just ONCE this second half for the Colts to play a complete 60 minute game.

Been a Colt fan for over 15 yrs. When this season is done and we look back on Grigson choices, people might have more appreciation for what Polian did year after year.

Yep,  It doesn't take the stench of the last several games to make me appreciate Polian.   Bill's only downfall was, he is old and he's trying to land his son, who isn't as talented as pops, an NFL gig.

I don't think Pep has a get out of jail free card.  Irsay fired Polian and jettisoned Manning within a matter of weeks.  No one is safe here. If he doesn't like the job Peppy boy is doing, Irsay will send him packing, no problem.

I also think it would be wise for Pagano to be a little birdie in Irsay's ear.  I'm not so sure Chuck's 100% secure if this team doesn't turn it around if this team continues on it's current trend.  Better right this ship, Chuck!  I'm also thinking we might have let the better coach ride off to Arizona,

Look on the bright side, you will win the division, you will be in the playoffs, you just need to get hot at the right time. The Ravens lost four of five to end the regular season , but got healthy and won it all. Getting guys back would help. The Colts have shown they can beat the best, but then inexplicably get blown out by mediocre teams. A very confusing team.

the colts have no weapons on offense unlike the ravens the colts have no weapons and the worst o line in the league it takes time to rebuild a franchise i give it another 3 -4 years