Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love this Pep offense/We're bad (Official blame thread) (MEGAMERGE)

dw49

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the slow, stale, and predictable offense that helps get us down 17-3 and then turn up the speed in the second half to play catch up. For the life of me I do not understand why we do not try that stuff right off the bat.

I know I know we are wanting to be this power run team, but it is not working. Our offense has produced six points I the first half and it puts our team at such a disadvantage that we are pretty much just hoping Luck goes into hero mode and pulls it out.

In the second half we turn up the speed, go more no huddle, and go with quicker passes. Why not do that at first? Our best player is Andrew Luck and it will never be Trent or deny other RB we bring in. They need to let him do his thing all game long, not just the second

I've been thinking the same thing lately. They beat some really good teams, and now they're falling apart at the seams. The secondary was stellar in the first 6 games or so, and now they've been getting torched. No pass pressure whatsoever. Gashing run plays allowed. I can definitely understand the loss of Reggie and how that affected the offense. Was Reggie the only thing saving the team from a total implosion? Maybe. All those 3rd down conversions that kept drives going, now basically gone.

Hopefully, they are just in a funk.  Do something to try to break out of it - stop deferring, get the ball, run some up-tempo offense and try to get an early lead for once. 

When u play this poor over last month n a half there is no home field advantage-we played like crap against miami n rams and were lucky to beat seattle n denver(just think if reggie was out earlier in season or we be like 3 wins now instead of 7). Go titans lol,I had to say it cuz we so dont deserve playoffs,I rather miss playoffs than get blown our n embarrassed in round one.

When u play this poor over last month n a half there is no home field advantage-we played like crap against miami n rams and were lucky to beat seattle n denver(just think if reggie was out earlier in season or we be like 3 wins now instead of 7). Go titans lol,I had to say it cuz we so dont deserve playoffs,I rather miss playoffs than get blown our n embarrassed in round one.

Worst type of fan.

If Pep is not gone next year, I will be and I will follow Denver and the heck with the vanilla Colts. BA took them to 11 wins and a playoff spot last year with less talent. At this rate we will be lucky to win 9. This O has no imagination. Luck is really showing the strain of trying to work under this system, he can not throw or run.

Ciao 

Right now I'd be supprised if we make 9-7. Were just horrid right now. And this has been going on now over the last 4 games we have had these problems. We were fortunate enough to come back and win two of those games. But if you honestly look at it we should be a 5 win team right now and that's really what were playing like. Actually were playing like a two win team. Those three big wins this year were great but they will not win us games when it matters so right now they mean nothing. I honestly feel we could have a big collapse here down the stretch with how were playing, there are no signs of us getting better or coming out of this funk. Sport to be negative but this is bad. Sorry I'm not being all rosy red and positive but at this point there really isn't much to be positive about unless you don't like to admit reality.

You act as though the Colts didn't renew Arians contract. He was offered a head coaching job and took it.

It seems a good amount of people don't understand this...A man was offered a head coaching job after years of not being offered one...You really think he's going to pass up the chance?

In the end we are only 7-4. A lot of people on here have abandoned reason for madness, and it is kind of shocking. One game does not make an entire season. We are capable of matching last seasons record... and that ain't to bad.

No. Madness is all we have left. The season is over.

However, there is always next year and the Pro bowl.