Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The **OFFICIAL** Colts vs. Titans Thread

bap1331

I don't know where to start with the gameplanning here:

1. Protect. Protect. Protect. Andrew Luck. We should go with more play action passes and the shotgun formation to give Andrew Luck a bit more time to pass.

2. Don't pass to DHB. Just...don't!

3. Better pass protection. I can't even say that we are getting a bit more of a break because Jake Locker is gone. Apparently we still suffer with backup quarterbacks like Kellen Clemens and Keenum...I don't know if the safetys and cornerbacks are not paying attention or what they were doing when Austin and Andre Johnson were wide open on the field...picking flowers?

4. Wake up Special Teams...didn't even bother protecting the kick returner. I know it was partly his fault for not sitting when getting a touchback or what...

5. Wide Recievers...catch the ball please?

6. Better starts to the game. Usually we start slow in the first half, which most teams do anyway like the Broncos and Patriots. But we can let the game go far like we did with the Rams...

There is wayyy too much wrong with this team and we need to step it up. What else?

Oh yea...bench Satele!

1. Keep Luck off his buttocks

2. Improve your damn accuracy man

3. Don't give up on DHB, he only had 1 drop last week and there really is no other option

4. If Darick is in, than give the ball to him and see if we have a stud in the stable

5. Mcglynn needs to sit this one out for "precautionary reasons" with that thumb of his... ;)

6. Jesus CBS respect the damn qb and cover your man. I'm talking to you DAVIS!

1. playaction and screen in the passing game so they will stop blitzing our qb so many times

2. run counter plays and draws to make them get beat for being over aggressive and go the wrong way or hit the wrong target.

3. complete short passes to set up big throws down the field.

4. stop being so obvisious when were tunning or throwing the ball

5. throw to DHB cuz no point in having a WR out there that doesnt get any throws to him duh.

6. better special teams.

7. less dropped passes

This three game stretch is huge for the Colts & titans alike...

The Division is basically on the line here, the Colts are in a prime spot to really put the titans behind in the division with a win tonight... 

I am sure every fan is aware of this, but I think this game will show a lot about this young team, and their resiliency...

Go Blue Go Shoe!!!

I don't get why people think play action will help protect a QB. IMO play action is to loosen up coverage.

Play action's worst enemy is a blitz because blitzers often run right by the RB and sack the QB.

Screens are good in making defenses 2nd guess blitzing.

:sigh:

Please football Gods let us walk outta here with a win, good health, & a better team than we came in as

This is a HUGE game. HUGE. we are 6-3 and have a 2 game lead on Tennessee. If we win this game we put ourselves in a great position to win the division. If we lose Tennessee is only 1 game back and that puts the pressure on every week. I sure hope that last Sunday's game was an indication that we were looking past St Louis and concentrating on this game knowing that its a divisional game and more important than the St. Louis game. I hope I hope

Show up in the 1st Q and play football the way you can.  I blame the coaches for the team coming out flat against teams that we obviously should beat.  Yes Reggie is out, but that is no excuse for losing to teams with much less talent. 

Why hasn't Grigson done more to improve the Offensive line?  Is it the players or the O line coach? 

I predict Chris Johnson is going to give us severe trouble.

That same thought crossed my mind. All year, Tavon Austin was invisible & was starting to draw questions of was he worth the 1st rounder. Then behold, the Colts show the Rams they made a good choice with Austin

Chris Johnson has been struggling at home this year rushing the ball & behold he plays the Colts tonight....... I think we all know the rest :facepalm:

That same thought crossed my mind. All year, Tavon Austin was invisible & was starting to draw questions of was he worth the 1st rounder. Then behold, the Colts show the Rams they made a good choice with Austin

Chris Johnson has been struggling at home this year rushing the ball & behold he plays the Colts tonight....... I think we all know the rest :facepalm:

Well historically we have been a quick defense, which is the kind of D Johnson struggles against. Now we are a bigger slower D and I fear Johnson will spend all day cutting us to death.

That's my fear lol.

Well historically we have been a quick defense, which is the kind of D Johnson struggles against. Now we are a bigger slower D and I fear Johnson will spend all day cutting us to death.

That's my fear lol.

Only our front 7 (excluding Mathis, Freeman, & Angerer) are big & slow. LB's & Safeties can still hawk CJ down. Especially Freeman & Landry

2. Don't pass to DHB. Just...don't!

3. Better pass protection. I can't even say that we are getting a bit more of a break because Jake Locker is gone. Apparently we still suffer with backup quarterbacks like Kellen Clemens and Keenum...I don't know if the safetys and cornerbacks are not paying attention or what they were doing when Austin and Andre Johnson were wide open on the field...picking flowers?

6. Better starts to the game. Usually we start slow in the first half, which most teams do anyway like the Broncos and Patriots. But we can let the game go far like we did with the Rams...

Wanted to address a few things, but cut out extra stuff for space. 

2. You have to pass to DHB.  You can't afford missing an opportunity to hit him wide open on a fade for a TD.  If it's there, you HAVE to throw it to him.  If for no other reason than to keep the defense from focusing all it's pass protection on TY and Fleener.  Wouldn't hurt if Brazill stepped up too (on a side note, thought about starting him on Fantasy teams where I am severely lacking in WR depth during the bye weeks)

3.  This one is obvious, but I really wanted to address the backup QB thing.  Those guys are actually pretty good.  Keenum was underrated during the draft, and he is progressing nicely.  Yeah he torched us and we should be ashamed of it, but not because he's a backup QB.  As far as the safety/cornerback bit, it's just a lack of execution.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, not having Toler is KILLING us.  For everyone who complained about him at the beginning of the season that we should put Butler outside and Toler on the slot, they're now seeing why that would be a dumb decision.  Ever since he's been out, we have struggled mightily in defending the pass.

Colts' Most Important Matchup: Indianapolis' Interior Offensive Line vs. Jurrell Casey

hi-res-7854244_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=43 Don McPeak-USA TODAY Sports

Casey is the easily the most underrated player in this game, and it's not close. They say generating pressure up the middle is a quarterback's worst nightmare, and that's precisely what the 6'1'', 305-pound monster does on a rather consistent basis. 

Hugh Thornton and Samson Satele will have their hands full with Casey, and they must limit him to keep the pocket clean from Luck.

If Casey can be somewhat neutralized, the Colts' run and pass game should be able to move the ball enough to sneak out of Tennessee with a win.