Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One bright spot

IndyD4U

Montori Hughes has shown the quick feet and burst that we had all hoped for from this big man. I recall one play where he did a swim move and blew past the O-lineman to get into the backfield. He and Chap should be a force, but will go unrecognized, as this comes with playing the part.

Let's hope we continue to see this

One last thing. GO COLTS :applause:

It's not the end of the world

Montori Hughes has shown the quick feet and burst that we had all hoped for from this big man. I recall one play where he did a swim move and blew past the O-lineman to get into the backfield. He and Chap should be a force, but will go unrecognized, as this comes with playing the part.

Completely agree, he was an absolute stud in the middle. The guy was jumping the A gaps, through the C and G's, like it was nothing.

Didnt see the game yet, but I am glad to hear this. I think we need to bring in reinforcements in the offseason to rush the passer, but this is welcome news.

Jerry Hughes would be really helpful right about now. I haven't liked one move (or non-move) Grigson has made this season. Basically the exact opposite of last year

So do we start him or chap. also I've little knowledge of our d line but is it possible to run hughes at end when we're in 3-4. If hes big and fast I don't see why not?

we don't start either.  franklin starts.  then hughes.  and then chapman. 

but yes you could put hughes at the 5 tech in our dline.  just not where rjf plays

He's actually playing quite well for the Bills right now, if you haven't been paying attention. Better than Walden or Werner, and certainly better than the guy we traded him for

he would be horrible here

the guy was atrocious at setting the edge.  and no way is he playing better than walden.  werner hasn't been playing

he would be horrible here

the guy was atrocious at setting the edge.  and no way is he playing better than walden.  werner hasn't been playing

He's got more sacks than all of our OLB's (not named Mathis) combined, and has almost as many tackles as Walden, albeit, while coming off the bench for Buffalo. He has more tackles than our supposed "run stopping" linebacker that we traded him for, too

And if he wouldn't do anything if he was still here, that would be, quite apparently, on the coaching staff. Buffalo seems to be utilizing him just fine

He's got more sacks than all of our OLB's (not named Mathis) combined, and has almost as many tackles as Walden, albeit, while coming off the bench for Buffalo. He has more tackles than our supposed "run stopping" linebacker that we traded him for, too

And if he wouldn't do anything if he was still here, that would be, quite apparently, on the coaching staff. Buffalo seems to be utilizing him just fine

he is a horrible football player

the bills have some talent on that dline.  nobody pays attention to hughes.  he can only get sacks when he is unblocked

he is a horrible football player

the bills have some talent on that dline.  nobody pays attention to hughes.  he can only get sacks when he is unblocked

I understand that you feel the need to do damage control as a Colts fan, but the reality is, Hughes had talent and was never given a chance. He's producing; the guy we traded him for isn't. Plain and simple

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Lawson-and-Hughes-solidifying-the-edges/dbb79012-d6f1-42d0-a7f0-f8d12b7205b1

I understand that you feel the need to do damage control as a Colts fan, but the reality is, Hughes had talent and was never given a chance. He's producing; the guy we traded him for isn't. Plain and simple

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Lawson-and-Hughes-solidifying-the-edges/dbb79012-d6f1-42d0-a7f0-f8d12b7205b1

hughes has no talent

grigson didnt draft that waste in the 1st round

lol. Hughes steal your girlfriend or something? Why so much hate? I wasn't a fan when he was here, but I can acknowledge we didn't really give him much of a chance, and that he's playing pretty well right now. 6 sacks 2 FF 33 tackes and 1 PD

lol. Hughes still your girlfriend or something? Why so much hate? I wasn't a fan when he was here, but I can acknowledge we didn't really give him much of a chance, and that he's playing pretty well right now. 6 sacks 2 FF 21 tackes and 1 PD

somebody probably screwed up the stat sheet.  or more than likely he just chased the qb out of bounds 6 times.

the dude was and is horrible. 

..and Donald (all-purpose) Brown caught a career high 5 passes for 64 yards

Yes, I noticed Montori was in the lineup and decided to keep my eyes on him for the next play.

He did manage to shoot the gap quite nicely and indeed saw some nice hand movements but the play was away from him so he wasn't able to make any impact. After that I didn't pay any attention. Actually I couldn't stand to watch the game in the second half.

:facepalm:

Indeed

You guys make this reaction because of the name, without actually looking to see what he's done this year. He is far and away playing better than anyone we've acquired at LB in the offseason. But don't pay attention to the fact that he's currently ranked as one of the top outside linebackers, just keep knee-jerk bashing him

Indeed

You guys make this reaction because of the name, without actually looking to see what he's done this year. He is far and away playing better than anyone we've acquired at LB in the offseason. But don't pay attention to the fact that he's currently ranked as one of the top outside linebackers, just keep knee-jerk bashing him

Why would we care what he is doing in Buffalo, and contrary to your opinion, he got traded because he showed nothing of note in 3 seasons here.

Why would we care what he is doing in Buffalo, and contrary to your opinion, he got traded because he showed nothing of note in 3 seasons here.

well just to play devil's advocate, Brown didn't do a lot for Indy his first three season's either & was the whipping boy on this board for quite awhile, but he is coming into his own this season while coming off the bench/not expected to be the premiere back...

but with that said, I haven't seen more than a couple snaps from any Bill's games to have an opinion on how Hughes is playing for the Bills...

I'd say another bright spot in the past few games against Texans & Rams is that while the Colts got burnt on a half a dozen or so big plays, it is not like offenses are methodically moving the chains on the Colts defense, the defense is just giving up huge plays...

Andre Johnson burnt the D in the Texans game & Tavon had his coming out party in the Rams game...

While it is hugely disappointing & depressing to give up huge plays like that it isn't the same as in the San Diego game where the defense was gashed by long drives where the opposing offense methodically moved the chains...

I guess it seems like preventing & taking away that big play factor would be an easier fix than a defensive scheme that allowed offenses more conventional game plans...

Indeed

HBA, you will drive yourself crazy trying to get some fans to see the truth.  When facts get in the way of preconceived ideas most fans, not just Colts fans, will argue the facts or wrong or they don't paint the entire picture. 

For Jerry Hughes, I think Buffalo is using him well and getting the most out of his abilities and yes the trade has proven better for Buffalo because Sheppard is really, really bad.

On M. Hughes I thought he played well but he was not getting any support from anyone else on the D.

It has nothing to do with my opinion. The guy is producing now. That tells me more about our coaching staff than it does him. Let's not act like he didn't show flashes at times last year when he was here. He was never given a real chance behind Mathis and Freeney. With Freeney out of the picture, this would've been his true first full season to prove what he had. Now we look especially dumb trading him because 1.) He's outplaying everybody on our roster that would've been considered competition 2.) The guy we traded him for is awful and hasn't done anything since being here 3.) We created another hole to fill and our pass rushing (outside of Mathis) has been non-existent. 

Grigson just needs to stop trading this year. He's actually creating more holes in the roster and mortgaging high draft picks at the same time