Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Packers have reached out to Brett Favre.

Dustin

Hasn't Brett Farve repeatedly said he isn't interested in suiting up again?  

Before doing that, I'd pull a trade for Kirk Cousins, just my two cents.

I think the asking price would be very steep for Cousins.  Skins know that RG3 is likely to get hurt again and need a solid backup.  

Cousins is likely to finish out his rookie deal as a Redskin.

This HAS to be a joke. 

If not, then someone let me know if they find my respect for the Packers lying around somewhere. I seem to have misplaced it. 

I don't see what respect has to do with it - they can do whatever they want if they think it will help their team.

I just think that it's unlikely to be accurate because another team did contact him legitimately - and he made it clear that he is retired for good, and shortly afterwards made public comments about the effect of football on his memory. Who knows where this stuff comes from.

This is a joke. I made this observation about 60 seconds after Rodgers walked off the field. 

Flynn is a solid maybe. 

I was thinking they should grab Flynn when he was released. Rodgers getting hurt makes it even more realistic.

By the way, I didn't watch the second half, but Wallace was decent in the first half. Not great, but not a complete bum. Give him starter's reps in practice and tweak the game plan, and you might be okay. Wouldn't hurt to get Finley and Cobb back, but that's not happening any time soon.

I was thinking they should grab Flynn when he was released. Rodgers getting hurt makes it even more realistic.

By the way, I didn't watch the second half, but Wallace was decent in the first half. Not great, but not a complete bum. Give him starter's reps in practice and tweak the game plan, and you might be okay. Wouldn't hurt to get Finley and Cobb back, but that's not happening any time soon.

I just noticed Flynn Was released by the Bills too...wow.....

Does GB run virtually the same offense as they did under Philbin?  I do not watch the Pack often.

I just noticed Flynn Was released by the Bills too...wow.....

Does GB run virtually the same offense as they did under Philbin?  I do not watch the Pack often.

Some of their concepts are different, but McCarthy is still calling the plays. And really, the primary differences in their offense are in the run schemes. The passing concepts are pretty much the same. I don't think the terminology has changed since Brett Favre was there. Flynn could basically pick up where he left off.

Some of their concepts are different, but McCarthy is still calling the plays. And really, the primary differences in their offense are in the run schemes. The passing concepts are pretty much the same. I don't think the terminology has changed since Brett Favre was there. Flynn could basically pick up where he left off.

Thanks...if they have any thoughts that Rodgers is out...sure does make sense  :thmup:

Something tells me Flynn isn't that good though.  This is a guy that got beat out for the starting spot on Sunday by Jeff Tuel.

They will probably roll with Wallace and bring up Tolzien from the practice squad.

Something tells me Flynn isn't that good though.  This is a guy that got beat out for the starting spot on Sunday by Jeff Tuel.

They will probably roll with Wallace and bring up Tolzien from the practice squad.

There's a big difference between plucking a guy off the street and trying to plug him into a new system in a week, and bringing a guy back into a system he's had success in before. You're probably right that Flynn isn't that good, but the last game he played for the Packers, he threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdown passes. And in fairness, the game he started for the Raiders this season was a pretty good outing. He's a serviceable backup.

I don't even think they should bring him in and give him the job. But if they're looking for someone, he makes more sense than anyone else available right now.

Brett can't play any more. His past concussions are causing problems. His memory is going first.

I forget things all the time and I have never had a concussion. Not making light of the issue, but I think some of these ex players are getting paranoid.

I forget things all the time and I have never had a concussion. Not making light of the issue, but I think some of these ex players are getting paranoid.

This is an interesting post. I'm not sure where I come down on your point, but I get it. 

I suspect more than a few pro ballers have imbibed on "substances of abuse" and there are heriditary issues as well that can cause memory loss.

I can't over look that guys bang heads for a living in the NFL. I'll have to think about your point. 

Matt Flynn.....Brett Favre.......seems like a no brainer who ya go with if Favre is in good enough shape to go, Plus doesn't Favre have some chemistry with a couple of GB's wide receivers that are there.......7 games plus playoffs,...I'd do it

I don't see what respect has to do with it - they can do whatever they want if they think it will help their team.

I just think that it's unlikely to be accurate because another team did contact him legitimately - and he made it clear that he is retired for good, and shortly afterwards made public comments about the effect of football on his memory. Who knows where this stuff comes from.

It was just a joke... I think any NFL team that's ringing up Brett Favre at this point in time is open to all kinds of ridicule. Justifiably so. The guy is what, 45, out of the league for two seasons? He was a great QB but to invite that circus back to your town would be a bad move for any team. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Matt Flynn.....Brett Favre.......seems like a no brainer who ya go with if Favre is in good enough shape to go, Plus doesn't Favre have some chemistry with a couple of GB's wide receivers that are there.......7 games plus playoffs,...I'd do it

Favre had one season with James Jones, otherwise no other WR on the Packers was even on the roster when Favre played.

First the Rams reach out to #4 & now Green Bay. For the love of God, can't we just let this Mississippi gunslinger retire quietly into that good night? ESPN TV pundits probably stoked this fire for rating again sigh...

http://youtu.be/z4x6jtK8BW8

It's worse than the Roman Catholic Church electing a new pope. No smoke...White smoke...I feel like smoking something...Make it stop now please...I beg of you. I can't take this nonsense anymore. 

Rodgers may only be out for a few weeks.

I sincerely hope that estimate is an accurate one BOTT. The league needs Rogers triumphant return. Besides, SW1 likes his retro 70's moustache. LOL! It reminds me of cheesy films from that decade. You know what I mean wink, wink...

131105-rodgers-600.jpg